USMB Coffee Shop IV

it's been so long, how do you attach a picture here?

Look at your options - the square green icon to the right of the yellow smilies icon is where you can paste you photo URL in - or just code the photo URL yourself.. Or if you are using certain browsers you can just copy some photos and paste them here.

Well, it's cold enough for winter here, although snow is in short supply. They keep promising flurries which never materialize. I still have wind burned cheeks that sting and burn, even when I'm inside and warmed up.
I came to the conclusion that while young families bring their children to family celebrations and share stories and anecdotes about their offspring, the more...seasoned population does the same thing with their dogs. At both gatherings I attended on Thanksgiving, there were almost as many dogs as people in attendance.

Yep we had no kids in our crowd for Thanskgiving dinner but there were lots of dogs--a chihuahua, a pomeranian, a Shih tzu, and a mini doxie. :)

Hello, first time i come here...tonight i am listening to Roy Orbison i adore that music, merci. my mother like that singer so it remind me of her. she is a wonderful women.

Dalia, so happy you dropped in. I am a HUGE Roy Orbison fan and happy to have a kindred spirit here in that regard. I see you are in France. Are you French?
Yeah that's roughly what Verizon charges too for one phone. But with the bare bones plan we have, Hombre and I both run our phones for about $50/month. If I need to access the internet when we are away from home, I can use my Kindle Fire or if we're going overnight somewhere, I take along a laptop.
Damn, I think our cell phones are close to $300 a month.

Yes, but you probably have smartphones and plans that make the most of them. We really just wanted to make and receive calls and text once in awhile Verizon has been good to tailor simple plans like ours for people like us.
I think Ollie is at another board.
is 007 still around?

He is. He stops in every now and then, sort of like you and Olie do, but isn't really active right now.
I think Ollie is at another site.

Yes he is. I am at the same site though I do a lot of my serious debating at yet another; however USMB and especially the Coffee Shop remains my official board home, Ollie does drop in here just to say hi every now and then though.

I haven't been to that board in quite awhile. last time I was there his wife was having some health issues

You probably didn't read back far enough in the Coffee Shop but his wife passed away recently. Ollie is doing well though.

Well, it's cold enough for winter here, although snow is in short supply. They keep promising flurries which never materialize. I still have wind burned cheeks that sting and burn, even when I'm inside and warmed up.
I came to the conclusion that while young families bring their children to family celebrations and share stories and anecdotes about their offspring, the more...seasoned population does the same thing with their dogs. At both gatherings I attended on Thanksgiving, there were almost as many dogs as people in attendance.

Yep we had no kids in our crowd for Thanskgiving dinner but there were lots of dogs--a chihuahua, a pomeranian, a Shih tzu, and a mini doxie. :)

All that's missing is the partridge. :biggrin:

55" LED TV in the living room, with the desktop computer hooked up to it, wireless mouse and keyboard. Each spot on the couch is a reclining desk chair. I came up with this idea in 2008, and I've noticed a lot of people doing the same in recent years. Word. :afro:

Cheating!
No wonder you could see it easier.
Try looking at it with a 10" screen. :p

Seriously , thats a really nice set up you have.
Currently my gaming computer has a 24" and my Linux machine a 22", my laptop is a 18".

I've got a 22" on my main PC and a 20" on my secondary. The 22" is acting strangely of late, so I will be replacing it. I might try hooking my secondary PC, or perhaps the laptop that's sitting in a closet doing nothing atm, to the TV I just bought.

I have a 22" HD high resolution monitor and that barely fits on my desk.
I also have bose pc speakers and have about 200 songs on my play list to listen too while I'm
on the board.
It's good enough for me. :)

200 songs? I usually play all my music on random, it's 20-25 times as many songs. :lol:

Those are my continual loop songs.
I have thousands of songs.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Florida sunset
th

Anyone else feel like they might be slightly diabetic this morning from too much strawberry rhubarb pie?

Someone claimed they mounted a 60" on the wall with wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. a bit overkill for me..........

Get out of my living room!
We have a 39" HDTV in the living room and we're perfectly happy with it. A 32" for a monitor would be great for me, I play games and stream video, anything larger would be too much for up close viewing. Plasmas give you the best picture but I've read they can still have image burn issues when used as computer monitors.

But doesn't using a TV for a monitor use up a whole bunch more electricity?

You might have to define "a whole bunch." I don't think a monitor or a TV use up a large amount of electricity. I tend to think it is the heating/AC and appliances like washer/dryer that use the lion's share of electricity in a house.

Here's an article about power usage for a computer. It does say that a TV uses quite a bit more, although I still don't think it's a lot compared to the average AC use.

Calculate your PC's energy use
A/C, electric furnaces and clothes dryers are huge energy hogs, a TV by comparison is like dipping a thimble into the energy stream.

Everyone loves karma. She even has a bindi (wart). Her weight is holding steady too. I have dropped 3 more lbs. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I ain't cplaining.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Gracie, three questions that might help with your internet time.
First, what brand and model cell phone do you have?
Two, which carrier do you use?
Third, do you have a laptop?

The idea is to tether your laptop using the phone as a wifi hotspot.

Last edited:
Someone claimed they mounted a 60" on the wall with wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. a bit overkill for me..........

We have a 39" HDTV in the living room and we're perfectly happy with it. A 32" for a monitor would be great for me, I play games and stream video, anything larger would be too much for up close viewing. Plasmas give you the best picture but I've read they can still have image burn issues when used as computer monitors.

You might have to define "a whole bunch." I don't think a monitor or a TV use up a large amount of electricity. I tend to think it is the heating/AC and appliances like washer/dryer that use the lion's share of electricity in a house.

Here's an article about power usage for a computer. It does say that a TV uses quite a bit more, although I still don't think it's a lot compared to the average AC use.

A/C, electric furnaces and clothes dryers are huge energy hogs, a TV by comparison is like dipping a thimble into the energy stream.

Some people use space heaters, humidifiers, and air fresheners in the winter. The crafty ones reroute their dryer ducts! :laugh2:

Some people use space heaters, humidifiers, and air fresheners in the winter. The crafty ones reroute their dryer ducts! :laugh2:
Out in the boonies there are still people who use wood stoves and outhouses........

Out in the boonies there are still people who use wood stoves and outhouses........

No outhouse here, but I do like to pee off my porch every chance I get! lol

If you live in the country, you can do that. :)

If you live in the country, you can do that. :)
If you live in the city and have a tall enough wall.......... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back