USMB Coffee Shop IV

Off to bed. This RV is COLD tonight so I wanna suggle with karma and get warm!

Hugs to you guys. Reading your stories makes me feel human and normal..so keep it up!

Nite nite

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Still sending all possible strong vibes for a solution to your dilemma, Gracie. I just wish you lived in an area with better support services or that wasn't so expensive. I wish your former landlord had allowed you to stay in one of the rooms until you could make other arrangements. I wish. . . .if wishes were horses and all that. . .

My shirttail cousin here feels like she is facing a jail sentence having to move into a house in L.A. that she inherited because she has to live in it for two years to qualify it as her primary residence so she can sell it without taking a whopping capital gains tax. But instead of evicting her renter, she will just move in with him--a young man, the cousin in in her 60's--so that he can take his time to find another suitable place to live. And as long as he pays a smaller but reasonable rent to stay there, that helps her out with utilities and other expenses too.

Any chance your former landlord would rent out a room or two to you and the mister and Karma?
I asked before we moved. He said he wants his privacy, and plans to sell it. He lied about many things, I have come to find out. So no. No chance of it.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. WQ and I had a wonderful time with the family at my Mom's house. My lunch today was yummy leftovers.:thup:

macaroni-and-cheese.jpg

31e0845719900f3e2efed40d82715120.jpg
Did you save the turkey neck for WQ?

Nah, he's a breast man.:D

Yeah...but legs...thighs.....it's all good. :D

Someone claimed they mounted a 60" on the wall with wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. a bit overkill for me..........

Get out of my living room!
We have a 39" HDTV in the living room and we're perfectly happy with it. A 32" for a monitor would be great for me, I play games and stream video, anything larger would be too much for up close viewing. Plasmas give you the best picture but I've read they can still have image burn issues when used as computer monitors.

55" LED TV in the living room, with the desktop computer hooked up to it, wireless mouse and keyboard. Each spot on the couch is a reclining desk chair. I came up with this idea in 2008, and I've noticed a lot of people doing the same in recent years. Word. :afro:

Cheating!
No wonder you could see it easier.
Try looking at it with a 10" screen. :p

Seriously , thats a really nice set up you have.
Currently my gaming computer has a 24" and my Linux machine a 22", my laptop is a 18".

I've got a 22" on my main PC and a 20" on my secondary. The 22" is acting strangely of late, so I will be replacing it. I might try hooking my secondary PC, or perhaps the laptop that's sitting in a closet doing nothing atm, to the TV I just bought.

We have a 39" HDTV in the living room and we're perfectly happy with it. A 32" for a monitor would be great for me, I play games and stream video, anything larger would be too much for up close viewing. Plasmas give you the best picture but I've read they can still have image burn issues when used as computer monitors.

55" LED TV in the living room, with the desktop computer hooked up to it, wireless mouse and keyboard. Each spot on the couch is a reclining desk chair. I came up with this idea in 2008, and I've noticed a lot of people doing the same in recent years. Word. :afro:

Cheating!

Currently my gaming computer has a 24" and my Linux machine a 22", my laptop is a 18".

I've got a 22" on my main PC and a 20" on my secondary. The 22" is acting strangely of late, so I will be replacing it. I might try hooking my secondary PC, or perhaps the laptop that's sitting in a closet doing nothing atm, to the TV I just bought.

I have a 22" HD high resolution monitor and that barely fits on my desk.
I also have bose pc speakers and have about 200 songs on my play list to listen too while I'm
on the board.
It's good enough for me. :)

I just finished the prep for a big pot of turkey barley soup. I made the stock over the past day and a half with the turkey carcass - and now the final soup is simmering away. This is actually my favorite part of hosting Thanksgiving (besides having the time with family and friends of course). Slow cooking is very cathartic.

I just finished the prep for a big pot of turkey barley soup. I made the stock over the past day and a half with the turkey carcass - and now the final soup is simmering away. This is actually my favorite part of hosting Thanksgiving (besides having the time with family and friends of course). Slow cooking is very cathartic.

Hey boe glad you stopped in! :)
How ya all been?

How ya all been?

Thank you! I'm having a very good year indeed! Much to be thankful for. How about you?

Look at the yellow switch one more time. :afro:

Nice!
Thats what I get for being on a small tablet with elderly failing eyes. :biggrin:
I gotta go back to my big computer screen. :lmao:
c8abcbe2b0244fd0aee627929cf6408a.jpg

YEAH !
Boy howdy that's the ticket. :)
The bigger the better eh?
Too bad it won't fit on my computer desk. :lmao:
Wall mount....... :eusa_whistle:

My desk sits in front of a window.
I'm not giving up my view of the wildlife in my backyard for nothing.
I fought hubby fair and square over that prime spot and I'm not giving it up periord.! :)

My desk sits in the corner of the office with a big window view of our front porch and door and a smaller window view of the courtyard and driveway so I get a really good view of who is coming, and know whether I want to answer the door as well as watch the world go by.

How ya all been?

Thank you! I'm having a very good year indeed! Much to be thankful for. How about you?

Boe!!! So happy you stopped by. Don't be such a stranger, okay?

Someone claimed they mounted a 60" on the wall with wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. a bit overkill for me..........

But doesn't using a TV for a monitor use up a whole bunch more electricity?

How ya all been?

We didn't from March to the end of Aug. hubby had a very long MS attack.
We are both doing fairly good now though.
Hubbies thigh muscles are starting to get built back up again. :)
We have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

How ya all been?

Boe!!! So happy you stopped by. Don't be such a stranger, okay?

Okay! I'll stop by here more often....but it would be better if you added a wine bar.

;)

Probably, but I think my current LED TV actually uses less electricity than the last 18" box monitor I had in 2008. lol

How ya all been?

We didn't from March to the end of Aug. hubby had a very long MS attack.
We are both doing fairly good now though.
Hubbies thigh muscles are starting to get built back up again. :)
We have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

I'm sorry your husband has been unwell. That is such a sad ordeal.

My Dad had two big health emergencies this year, so we had a few months of a lot of stress. But he is now back on his feet, which makes me very thankful.

Nice!
Thats what I get for being on a small tablet with elderly failing eyes. :biggrin:
I gotta go back to my big computer screen. :lmao:
c8abcbe2b0244fd0aee627929cf6408a.jpg

YEAH !
Boy howdy that's the ticket. :)
The bigger the better eh?
Too bad it won't fit on my computer desk. :lmao:
Wall mount....... :eusa_whistle:

My desk sits in front of a window.
I'm not giving up my view of the wildlife in my backyard for nothing.
I fought hubby fair and square over that prime spot and I'm not giving it up periord.! :)

My desk sits in the corner of the office with a big window view of our front porch and door and a smaller window view of the courtyard and driveway so I get a really good view of who is coming, and know whether I want to answer the door as well as watch the world go by.

My desk sits in front of a window, but I keep the shades down and a sheet over the window. I like my room dark until I decide to have light. :D

You might have to define "a whole bunch." I don't think a monitor or a TV use up a large amount of electricity. I tend to think it is the heating/AC and appliances like washer/dryer that use the lion's share of electricity in a house.

Here's an article about power usage for a computer. It does say that a TV uses quite a bit more, although I still don't think it's a lot compared to the average AC use.

Calculate your PC's energy use

Cheating!

I have a 22" HD high resolution monitor and that barely fits on my desk.
I also have bose pc speakers and have about 200 songs on my play list to listen too while I'm
on the board.
It's good enough for me. :)

200 songs? I usually play all my music on random, it's 20-25 times as many songs. :lol:

Forum List

Back