USMB Coffee Shop IV

Bonjour, Hello thank you everybody for the welcome :)

Roy Orbison

roy-4b17ff0.gif

Last edited:
No better, no worse in the last week. I think they need to try a different antibiotic. The novelty of wheezing and pulling on broken ribs has long since past.

Speaking of Dajjal, he hasn't posted in awhile has he? Hope he is okay.

Its nice to be missed, I usually scan the forum most days but have not had anything worth saying. As for food I am not big on it, and not being a chef I usually eat chicken salad every day. No cooking required and I get the nutrients I need. I certainly do not like exotic French food, and when I eat out it is usually steak and chips.

I'm back again!

I haven't been here in a while I know. The smithy had my newly crafted armor sent to the wrong knight, some dude named Imperius.

But, in all seriousness, I had a good Thanksgiving at my step-mom's house up until the Shar Pei bit my grandmother by accident. We're dressing the wound now, and she's doing better. Keep her in your prayers though.

In the meantime:

tumblr_mp94bxdT0j1qzl05no1_1280.jpg

Hi Etherion. Sorry about the dog bite . I never saw the Shar Pei as temperamental or vicious but I suppose they're big enough to do some damage but with an accidental bite? But we will add her to the vigil list if this was a serious thing or if she is having other issues.

But what's with all the name changes? It's getting to be like following a floating crap game but happy to see you. :)

Speaking of Dajjal, he hasn't posted in awhile has he? Hope he is okay.

Its nice to be missed, I usually scan the forum most days but have not had anything worth saying. As for food I am not big on it, and not being a chef I usually eat chicken salad every day. No cooking required and I get the nutrients I need. I certainly do not like exotic French food, and when I eat out it is usually steak and chips.

Just checking to be sure you're okay. You're a member of the family here you know which requires you to be worried about when you change your usual routine. But thanks for checking in.

And as Dalia, our new French friend and we have been discussing, the French aren't usually fond of British food either. But I have to ask: you don't cook the chicken you put in your chicken salad?

Just a quickie driveby to say hello. Might go get a laptop tomorrow so I can use a keyboard instead of this Peck pevk Peck...or worse, the microphone that auto corrects everything I say into gobbledeegoop.

Anyway...working on two places...one that dear peach found for me, and another one in another state another longtime online friend found that is in Colorado. She calls it Four Corners cuz it borders four states. Both have shown interest in getting new dependable tenants such as ourselves, so I am hopeful we make the right decision. Leaving here, we lose our medical...all of it. As it is now...we get all that, our docs are here, any hospital will take us because we are covered and even our mefs are paid for. Not sure how it will be in AZ or CO...and that's scarey.

Be homeless but kept healthy, or get a roof and fight for medical care. Decisions decisions, eh?

Anyway....heading to bed. If I do get a laptop, I will be able to be here more often..so that's a plus, but it also is dipping in our dwindling savings too. Again, decisions decisions!

Hugs

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Good luck Gracie......sending good thoughts your way. :)

No better, no worse in the last week. I think they need to try a different antibiotic. The novelty of wheezing and pulling on broken ribs has long since past.

Oh gosh Save, I so know what that feels like even with just badly bruised or pulled ribs and dealing with the pneumonia on top of it, I can just imagine how miserable. So wish for quick wellness for you. Maybe another trip to the doctor is warranted? And thanks for the update so we know you're still alive and kicking.

I dont know Ernie

My guess mispelling and most saw crab.
I do that a lot. More with friends on social media, but most of them read me carefully once they get that subtle mind trip.

I did right after you joined the board. :biggrin:
Too many mind games like that in the U of A psychology grad students I hung out with.

One guy used to get a can of dog food and a can of hash.
He took the labels off and glued the dog food label back on to the can of hash.
Then he would sit at a stop light eating it watching the horrified looks on other drivers faces.
He was certifiably nuts in my book, but he was a lot of laughs.
I play games like that. My dad absolutely HATED mayonnaise. I would put a big dollop on ice cream and eat it. Poor guy would have to leave the table.

I'm on your dad's side with that! :p

Well I got the Christmas tree up today, the lights and bottom skirt that goes around the base.
I also put out all the little figurines.
Tomorrow is the ornaments and tinsel.
Then wrapping gifts.

WOW You have been busy busy!

We planned to do get the tree and other decorations up today, but alas, Hombre has for want of a better diagnosis, the flu. So I'll be playing nurse for awhile.

Just a quickie driveby to say hello. Might go get a laptop tomorrow so I can use a keyboard instead of this Peck pevk Peck...or worse, the microphone that auto corrects everything I say into gobbledeegoop.

Anyway...working on two places...one that dear peach found for me, and another one in another state another longtime online friend found that is in Colorado. She calls it Four Corners cuz it borders four states. Both have shown interest in getting new dependable tenants such as ourselves, so I am hopeful we make the right decision. Leaving here, we lose our medical...all of it. As it is now...we get all that, our docs are here, any hospital will take us because we are covered and even our mefs are paid for. Not sure how it will be in AZ or CO...and that's scarey.

Be homeless but kept healthy, or get a roof and fight for medical care. Decisions decisions, eh?

Anyway....heading to bed. If I do get a laptop, I will be able to be here more often..so that's a plus, but it also is dipping in our dwindling savings too. Again, decisions decisions!

Hugs

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Good luck Gracie......sending good thoughts your way. :)

We all are. This would still be a terrible ordeal for Mr & Mrs G, but with winter coming on. . .

Morning to you too Chris.

It's 18 degrees here.
Burrrrrr..........glad I dont have to go anywhere today. :)

Here too earlier though the temps are coming up to about 30 at this hour now. I don't remember it ever being this cold this early, but apparently a strong La Nina has replaced El Nino and it could be an interesting winter for us.

It's 18 degrees here.

Here too earlier though the temps are coming up to about 30 at this hour now. I don't remember it ever being this cold this early, but apparently a strong La Nina has replaced El Nino and it could be an interesting winter for us.
62 and the bluest sky I've seen in quit a while, here in LA. (Lower Alabama) The weather changes rapidly here this time of year and the 10 forecast has daily highs between 51 and 71 and lows between 60 and 35 with more rain coming Sunday and Monday. The peanut around here are in and it's cotton picking about time.
eee361014d02a7f8240867d44f759b47.jpg

Oh gosh Save, I so know what that feels like even with just badly bruised or pulled ribs and dealing with the pneumonia on top of it, I can just imagine how miserable. So wish for quick wellness for you. Maybe another trip to the doctor is warranted? And thanks for the update so we know you're still alive and kicking.

I raked /leaf blowered for five hours Sunday, so the ribs really are not a big issue just sore and occasionally a stabbing pain. I would like to visit the urgent care clinic late today, but I am not sure my customers getting the $67,500 new Yukon want to wait until Friday.

That's pretty. They don't bale it--or at least they didn't use to--that way in Texas or New Mexico. Mostly it is big square bales or it is kept in tall sided wagon like trailers parked at the gin until it can be towed in to be ginned. But I haven't lived in cotton country for a long time now so don't watch the process every year as we used to.

I raked /leaf blowered for five hours Sunday, so the ribs really are not a big issue just sore and occasionally a stabbing pain. I would like to visit the urgent care clinic late today, but I am not sure my customers getting the $67,500 new Yukon want to wait until Friday.

And I'm sure your commission on that eases the pain just a wee bit. But you really shouldn't be working in your condition.

It's 18 degrees here.

62 and the bluest sky I've seen in quit a while, here in LA. (Lower Alabama) The weather changes rapidly here this time of year and the 10 forecast has daily highs between 51 and 71 and lows between 60 and 35 with more rain coming Sunday and Monday. The peanut around here are in and it's cotton picking about time.
eee361014d02a7f8240867d44f759b47.jpg

That machine is interesting. I am old enough to remember when we picked cotton, meaning we pulled it out of the bolls, by hand and it was a very labor intensive process. We little kids weren't all that productive like the experienced adults but we could make a little spending money if we filled up a cotton sack or two. But after a couple of hours, our fingers would be really sore, sometimes bleeding from nicks from the sharp bolls.

Forum List

Back