USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just ran across this in CL. Sounds like us...especially the last long sentence:

Any kind of living or sleeping situation on very minimal income? Can take little space. 3000+ income is impossible to achieve. Family, friends, homeless, veteran services ignored, abandoned, outcasted or couldnt help us. Disabled veteran got sick, lost job and house, thought we were going with family. Considering rv, van, trailer, tiny home, backyard, live-in, room and board, can do some work in exchange for housing. Our healths are getting worse along with hygiene, insomnia, sleep deprived, hard to keep consistent communication, places kick us out, bored, depressed, cramped in a car..Can someone or something help with comfortable, quiet, safe sleep?

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

And I'm sure your commission on that eases the pain just a wee bit. But you really shouldn't be working in your condition.

I was sick the entire month of November. Half the deals for the month are mine.

Which is probably why you're still sick. (I know, I know, but they don't call me Mama Fox for nothing. :) )

A new antibiotic and steroid hopefully will get me past the wheezing and most of the coughing. The doctor told me pneumonia can last up to three months, so I am almost halfway through. Pneumonia could kill me, but sitting around would get me for sure.

Giz just got up a little bit ago, got some water but I noticed he was limping on his back left leg, palpated the rear haunches and sure enough, he was anything but happy about it. Will take him to the vet today.

Good plan. Male cats are especially susceptible to urinary tract infections and that would be my first guess. Best to get right on it.

Like less than 24 hours or the cat is not going to make it.

Morning to you too Chris.

It's 18 degrees here.
Burrrrrr..........glad I dont have to go anywhere today. :)
18 degrees here, too...and, we got about 5" of snow last night! Of course, it started snowing just as I got to work, and quit about the time I got off work. Ten hours, five flights, and not one break. By the time my last flight departed, I was contemplating investing in some Depends. Wonder how people would take it when I went up to the cockpit with a loaded diaper?

Another drive by to inform that the Colorado place is out. A friend of mine looked at it for me today and she said it's a dump and she wouldn't put her dog in it. Piles a hoarder stuff all around the outside, trash all over the front and back yard, OLD house with not even drapes, dirty Windows, old paint on the inside, carpet in really bad condition and only one propane heater to keep the whole place warm was not enough and our electric bill would go thru the roof to do so since it is very cold there right now and it not even being winter yet!

She said the surrounding views are nice because it's pastures and many horses, but the house is pretty bad....plus the owner plans to sell it all soon..which means out we go again. So, we said thanks but no thanks.

Still waiting on the application for the Arizona place and I have called him twice with no response, so I don't know what's going on with that. Probably not a good sign with our luck.

Good luck, Gracie! AZ would be my preferred choice, 'specially down Benson, Sierra Vista way.

Also as soon as we got home Giz went from the cat carrier right to the kitchen and wanted dinner so everyone was fed. Then Giz went back and laid in front of the cat carrier, would trill every time I walked by him so I made sure he got loving, now he's back inside the carrier sleeping....... Obviously he associates it with feeling better. We'll monitor him over the weekend, give him the anti-inflamatories they gave us and keep monitoring his temp (have to pick up a thermometer), if the fever is not better by Monday then they will try something different, probably more aggressive treatment.

Giz just got up a little bit ago, got some water but I noticed he was limping on his back left leg, palpated the rear haunches and sure enough, he was anything but happy about it. Will take him to the vet today.

Good plan. Male cats are especially susceptible to urinary tract infections and that would be my first guess. Best to get right on it.
Thought it might be a bladder infection or maybe an infected cut, bite or scratch. I wish.......

He's 3 years old up on all his shots and now he has feline leukemia AND feline HIV. He's fine right this minute but they gave him a pain shot that should last for 6 to 8 hours and a large dose of antibiotics. The vet said if he was human he'd be in the hospital right now on intensive chemo, she also said he could be sick for up to 4 months then suddenly get better and never have another episode, he could continue to get worse and die or could just maintain at this level for the rest of his life. I'm still absorbing the news.
That's sad news, Ringel. I had a cat, young like Giz, who ended up with FELV. He did go into remission for a while, then the seizures started. The first one really freaked me out. Then he became incontinent and soiled wherever he was when the urge took him. I felt so sorry for him, I had to have him put out of his misery. He was a super special cat, too!

I hope they come up negative. Did they say you need to keep them separated? Is it catching?

It's very catching. My two cats got it because I let them go outside where they came into contact with infected cats. The first guy died pretty quickly, the second stayed with us a while. When I was doing volunteer work at the local cat shelter, they tested all incoming cats and had a special area just for FELV positive animals. They were kept strictly separated from the uninfected animals and we had to wash thoroughly after interacting with the infected cats.

I hope they come up negative. Did they say you need to keep them separated? Is it catching?

They may already have it as FeLV is very easy to pass along and honestly separating them is almost impossible. Luckily FIV doesn't transmit between cats very easily, most likely Giz was born with FIV and it wasn't caught immediately, it can take years for FIV to manifest itself.
We will try and keep them separate as much as possible but we'll see.

I think I have pissed CL off. I am turning into a bitter shrew, but truth hurts, so....they make me work to post in rants and raves...and although I get verification that it is now public...it doesn't show.

Well, that's OK. I'm preparing to piss a lot of people off at the local chamber meeting Dec 10...which is "how to help the homeless in our beautiful county". Like right. Um hm. Sure. Make all the nice nice noises then run back to your nice warm homes while ignoring the obvious looser druggies huddled in corners trying to be warm. Of course they are druggies and bums! Homeless people want to be that way. NICE people never get in that situation. Right?

I'm so pissed and dismayed and disgusted, I could spit. And I just might if my mood is the same then as it is now.

I wrote this doozy, and I'm STILL fuming:

Think about this,OK?

1. You must make 3 times the asking rent. Say a home is 2k per month. That means you must have an income of 6k per month. Now why the hell would anyone rent when they make that kind of money???

2. You have, for example, 780 on your credit report, but every time it's checked, it goes down. 5 management or personal owner checks...BAM! It goes down to 650. NOW they deny you because their "policy" is that your credit score must be at least 700. Well...it USED to be!

3. Property managers have their "own company to check credit". Um, no they don't. It all comes from the same sources...transunion, Equifax, etc.

4. Each property company charged 25 to 40 bucks per person. Run enough checks by enough people applying, no need to rent the damn unit at all! And will they accept copies of credit checks you already had done? Oh hayell no. That means no money for their Christmas parties!

Listen up people and listen good....you are being screwed. Period. And the worst thing about it is...there is nothing you can do about it.

Homelessness is growing by leaps and bounds and it's only going to get worse unless everyone reacts as a whole. Until then...I'll see ya under the overpass as clueless future club members wind up under here with the rest of us.

WAKE UP!

RENT CONTROL NOW!

Oh, and property companies audited for theft.

I think I have pissed CL off. I am turning into a bitter shrew, but truth hurts, so....they make me work to post in rants and raves...and although I get verification that it is now public...it doesn't show.

Well, that's OK. I'm preparing to piss a lot of people off at the local chamber meeting Dec 10...which is "how to help the homeless in our beautiful county". Like right. Um hm. Sure. Make all the nice nice noises then run back to your nice warm homes while ignoring the obvious looser druggies huddled in corners trying to be warm. Of course they are druggies and bums! Homeless people want to be that way. NICE people never get in that situation. Right?

I'm so pissed and dismayed and disgusted, I could spit. And I just might if my mood is the same then as it is now.

You go, girl!

My rant post is still not showing. Bet it won't, either. I can see it...but nobody else can. So...I copied and pasted it and sent it to myself...and I will print it out at the library to hand out at the hoity toity meeting. Yep. We might just get run outta town,lol. Seriously.
.what do I have to lose? Nothing, because I have nothing.

Anyway, if we can make it here til the beginning of spring...then I will be ready to leave this place and kick dirt over it as I do...just as a dog does after it poops.

I guess being angry is better than being sad.

Oh, and if you are off to the great wall in China, he, Mrg and I will mosey uo there to watch and feed yer critters if you want us to. Looks like the Arizona house is going to fall through too...which is no surprise. Disappointments are expected now. But I am a bit bummed, since the manager and I had such a nice chat. No return calls from him since then, so.....*shrug*

I am worn out from my rant now. Thanks,guys, for allowing me to purge, lol. Took my pain pill and now I am going to cuddle with karma. Like Scarlet says...tomorrow is another day! I wonder what it will bring? At least we made it through this one, eh? [emoji4]

Our thoughts and prayers are still with you, Mr G, Ollie and everyone else in the middle of painful and trying times as well as everyone here in all our day to day lives.

My rant post is still not showing. Bet it won't, either. I can see it...but nobody else can. So...I copied and pasted it and sent it to myself...and I will print it out at the library to hand out at the hoity toity meeting. Yep. We might just get run outta town,lol. Seriously.
.what do I have to lose? Nothing, because I have nothing.

Anyway, if we can make it here til the beginning of spring...then I will be ready to leave this place and kick dirt over it as I do...just as a dog does after it poops.

I guess being angry is better than being sad.

Oh, and if you are off to the great wall in China, he, Mrg and I will mosey uo there to watch and feed yer critters if you want us to. Looks like the Arizona house is going to fall through too...which is no surprise. Disappointments are expected now. But I am a bit bummed, since the manager and I had such a nice chat. No return calls from him since then, so.....*shrug*

California is one of the most (if not THE most expensive) state to live in the entire US. You might be better off if you got out of that state, Gracie. Best wishes and hugs. We are all thinking about you and rooting for you. :smiliehug:

Giz got up to eat, drank lots of water then wanted to go outside (that's not happening). He appears to be feeling better for now, he doesn't feel hot but is again in the cat carrier, his new safe space.
The wife wanted me to wake her at 9AM to take a get out of the house road trip up to T or C........ Apparently she did not get to bed until pretty early this morning so the road trip isn't happening, good, I didn't want to go anyway.

(Don't tell her I said that.........) :D

I am worn out from my rant now. Thanks,guys, for allowing me to purge, lol. Took my pain pill and now I am going to cuddle with karma. Like Scarlet says...tomorrow is another day! I wonder what it will bring? At least we made it through this one, eh? [emoji4]

Our thoughts and prayers are still with you, Mr G, Ollie and everyone else in the middle of painful and trying times as well as everyone here in all our day to day lives.

And with you and Mrs. R because your own difficult transition is not yet resolved either.

Good morning all. We got up to huge beautiful fluffly snowflakes drifting down, but the clouds moved on quickly before there could be any accumulation and now the sun is shining brightly in a cloudless sky and its warming up fast--we should be in the mid to high 40's today. Only in New Mexico.

Forum List

Back