USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning all. We got up to huge beautiful fluffly snowflakes drifting down, but the clouds moved on quickly before there could be any accumulation and now the sun is shining brightly in a cloudless sky and its warming up fast--we should be in the mid to high 40's today. Only in New Mexico.
Welp, if you were in the Colorado mountains it would have dumped a foot of snow on you, the sun would have come out and the snow almost all melted by mid afternoon and the temps would not have risen above freezing.......... :D

Good morning all. We got up to huge beautiful fluffly snowflakes drifting down, but the clouds moved on quickly before there could be any accumulation and now the sun is shining brightly in a cloudless sky and its warming up fast--we should be in the mid to high 40's today. Only in New Mexico.
Welp, if you were in the Colorado mountains it would have dumped a foot of snow on you, the sun would have come out and the snow almost all melted by mid afternoon and the temps would not have risen above freezing.......... :D

LOL. Same here. The snow is sometimes so dry that it evaporates quickly and just goes away even though the temps are in the 20's and it barely leaves anything even damp.

SUN 11/27

Actual Temp
46° /36°
Hist. Avg.
48°/35°

MON 11/28

Actual Temp
46° /33°
Hist. Avg.
47°/34°

TUE 11/29

Actual Temp
58° /33°
Hist. Avg.
47°/34°

WED 11/30

Actual Temp
52° /42°
Hist. Avg.
47°/34°

YESTERDAY

Actual Temp
57° /43°
Hist. Avg.
46°/33°

TODAY 12/2

51° /36°
Increasingly windy
Hist. Avg.
46°/33°

SAT 12/3

47° /32°
Windy with clouds and sun
Hist. Avg.
46°/33°

It's been really nice here considering it's December now. It's been very mild, averaging probably in the 40s and 50s. Can't complain! :)

You are having milder weather than we are. But everything I've read on the long range forecasts are that your area is due for a long and very wet/snowy winter due to the strong La Nina. But then why do I pay attention to those long range forecasts when the weather forecasters here often miss what the weather is going to be in the next few hours? :)

It's been really nice here considering it's December now. It's been very mild, averaging probably in the 40s and 50s. Can't complain! :)

You are having milder weather than we are. But everything I've read on the long range forecasts are that your area is due for a long and very wet/snowy winter due to the strong La Nina. But then why do I pay attention to those long range forecasts when the weather forecasters here often miss what the weather is going to be in the next few hours? :)

Due? The past two winters have been that way. Lol.

We're in the mid-50s here. I am keeping my fingers crossed for snow sometime this winter, but I'm not holding my breath. :eusa_pray:

Somehow it is hard for me to visualize snow in Georgia.

We've had snow in two winters since I got here about 6 years ago. In one of those years I think the snow came and was nearly gone again while the little one was at her dad's. I did build a couple of small snowmen and take pictures of them for her that year, at least. :p

We're in the mid-50s here. I am keeping my fingers crossed for snow sometime this winter, but I'm not holding my breath. :eusa_pray:

Yeah, you like snow when it is only around for a day or so. Try living with it for 3 or 4 months at least! :lol: Then I guarantee you would hate snow.

I don't drive and I don't have a social life, so I'd be fine with lots of snow. For me it would just be something to play in with the little one. :p

My rant post is still not showing. Bet it won't, either. I can see it...but nobody else can. So...I copied and pasted it and sent it to myself...and I will print it out at the library to hand out at the hoity toity meeting. Yep. We might just get run outta town,lol. Seriously.
.what do I have to lose? Nothing, because I have nothing.

Anyway, if we can make it here til the beginning of spring...then I will be ready to leave this place and kick dirt over it as I do...just as a dog does after it poops.

I guess being angry is better than being sad.

Oh, and if you are off to the great wall in China, he, Mrg and I will mosey uo there to watch and feed yer critters if you want us to. Looks like the Arizona house is going to fall through too...which is no surprise. Disappointments are expected now. But I am a bit bummed, since the manager and I had such a nice chat. No return calls from him since then, so.....*shrug*

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Noted, Gracie. We'll see where fate takes us these next few months.

Well, we finally got snow, about a foot so far. The last two days have been...challenging...at work. Of course, airplanes still fly when it's snowy, but we have double or triple the workload because we have to wash the snow off and apply an anti-icing fluid to prevent further accumulation. Fortunately, I am most often able to find younger, hungrier ($20 premium for spraying, $10 if you drive the truck), co-workers to do that wet work. I don't favor the flavor of glycol, and it absorbs through your skin so that your urine smells of glycol for at least a day after you spray it on an airplane. I'm hoping it will be snow-free at work tonight, but it's been snowing all afternoon and I'm not seeing a reprieve in my future.

Well, we finally got snow, about a foot so far. The last two days have been...challenging...at work. Of course, airplanes still fly when it's snowy, but we have double or triple the workload because we have to wash the snow off and apply an anti-icing fluid to prevent further accumulation. Fortunately, I am most often able to find younger, hungrier ($20 premium for spraying, $10 if you drive the truck), co-workers to do that wet work. I don't favor the flavor of glycol, and it absorbs through your skin so that your urine smells of glycol for at least a day after you spray it on an airplane. I'm hoping it will be snow-free at work tonight, but it's been snowing all afternoon and I'm not seeing a reprieve in my future.
You will have a warmer home in Arizona with us, GW! I think we got the home on 20 acres I mentioned before...but I am still Leary due to past and present disappointments. Still, it is looking promising! $600 per month, near Tombstone, a tack shack and room for horses he said. We don't have a horse nor want one, but we might get a bunch of chickens! You will always be welcome to come to your second home....and we will even send you a key! Come June, it's gonna be hot, so a trip to Alaska to critter sit might work out just fine, lol.
IF it all happens.

Meanwhile, I have my PC set up in this itty bitty RV, but can't get on it right now cuz Mrg is watching a movie on it...so later tonight, I will be back...on my beloved PC!!!!

You will have a warmer home in Arizona with us, GW! I think we got the home on 20 acres I mentioned before...but I am still Leary due to past and present disappointments. Still, it is looking promising! $600 per month, near Tombstone, a tack shack and room for horses he said. We don't have a horse nor want one, but we might get a bunch of chickens! You will always be welcome to come to your second home....and we will even send you a key! Come June, it's gonna be hot, so a trip to Alaska to critter sit might work out just fine, lol.
IF it all happens.

Meanwhile, I have my PC set up in this itty bitty RV, but can't get on it right now cuz Mrg is watching a movie on it...so later tonight, I will be back...on my beloved PC!!!!

I lived in Sierra Vista for a spell and loved it there. Too hot in the summer, but not bad, really. I used to ride my motorcycle out to the desert and camp, watching the shooting stars and absorbing all that desert ambience.

IF it all happens.

Do you know horses and know how to care for them? Ever had one? Imagine how much people are willing to pay to board a cat or a dog and quadruple that or more for boarding horses. But you do have to know your stuff. But it does sound like a good deal for you and moving to Arizona in the winter will give you a chance to acclimate as it starts heating up in the spring. So hoping hoping hoping that works out for you.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Okefanokee GA sunset
397-800.jpg

Honey's...I'm home! On my pc and loving the everloving hell outta it! I'm cramped and not much elbow room and almost forgot how to type since I am so used to peck peck pecking!

WOOT!

Forum List

Back