USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well I got the Christmas tree up today, the lights and bottom skirt that goes around the base.
I also put out all the little figurines.
Tomorrow is the ornaments and tinsel.
Then wrapping gifts.

WOW You have been busy busy!

We planned to do get the tree and other decorations up today, but alas, Hombre has for want of a better diagnosis, the flu. So I'll be playing nurse for awhile.
Obviously it's goin' around. Mine wasn't as bad as it usually gets, very mild fever, aches and pains with a general blah feeling, three days later It's mostly gone.
Worried about Gizmo, he was really, really sick yesterday, definitely running a fever. Kept pumping water into him via an eye dropper and putting cold water behind his ears and on his paws. At first he fought me but then realized it was making him feel better and would turn his head sideways when I came it to give him water, he seems better this morning, he ate but he's still sick. If it persists till tomorrow I'll take him to the vet.

Giz just got up a little bit ago, got some water but I noticed he was limping on his back left leg, palpated the rear haunches and sure enough, he was anything but happy about it. Will take him to the vet today.

Cotton14-S.jpg

That's pretty. They don't bale it--or at least they didn't use to--that way in Texas or New Mexico. Mostly it is big square bales or it is kept in tall sided wagon like trailers parked at the gin until it can be towed in to be ginned. But I haven't lived in cotton country for a long time now so don't watch the process every year as we used to.
About half of the cotton around here is round bales. It's easier to move with a spike mounted to the front of a tractor and load on a flat bed. Most of the rest is those huge semi sized bales. They have trailers that use a conveyor system to lift the end of the bale and pull it up a ramp and into the trailer while backing up. It's a more expensive system, but transportation is more efficient. No air space.

Speaking of Dajjal, he hasn't posted in awhile has he? Hope he is okay.

Its nice to be missed, I usually scan the forum most days but have not had anything worth saying. As for food I am not big on it, and not being a chef I usually eat chicken salad every day. No cooking required and I get the nutrients I need. I certainly do not like exotic French food, and when I eat out it is usually steak and chips.

Just checking to be sure you're okay. You're a member of the family here you know which requires you to be worried about when you change your usual routine. But thanks for checking in.

And as Dalia, our new French friend and we have been discussing, the French aren't usually fond of British food either. But I have to ask: you don't cook the chicken you put in your chicken salad?

I get my chicken ready cooked and sliced from the supermarket and eat I cold. Today I had a salad and before that a Heinz big chicken soup with lumps of chicken and vegetables. It makes a change to have something hot even though it comes out of a tin, and all you have to do is heat it.

Those big bricks are called modules. Standard size is 7.5 feet wide, 32 feet long and 9 to 11 feet tall. They weigh in at around 22,500 pounds and yield about 7,500 pounds of ginned cotton.

And I'm sure your commission on that eases the pain just a wee bit. But you really shouldn't be working in your condition.

I was sick the entire month of November. Half the deals for the month are mine.

Which is probably why you're still sick. (I know, I know, but they don't call me Mama Fox for nothing. :) )

That's pretty. They don't bale it--or at least they didn't use to--that way in Texas or New Mexico. Mostly it is big square bales or it is kept in tall sided wagon like trailers parked at the gin until it can be towed in to be ginned. But I haven't lived in cotton country for a long time now so don't watch the process every year as we used to.
About half of the cotton around here is round bales. It's easier to move with a spike mounted to the front of a tractor and load on a flat bed. Most of the rest is those huge semi sized bales. They have trailers that use a conveyor system to lift the end of the bale and pull it up a ramp and into the trailer while backing up. It's a more expensive system, but transportation is more efficient. No air space.

Yeah. Most of newly harvested hay around here is formed into those huge round cylinder bales for the same reason. And probably if I was back in cotton country during the cotton harvest, they are probably doing that there now too.

Giz just got up a little bit ago, got some water but I noticed he was limping on his back left leg, palpated the rear haunches and sure enough, he was anything but happy about it. Will take him to the vet today.

Good plan. Male cats are especially susceptible to urinary tract infections and that would be my first guess. Best to get right on it.

But what's with all the name changes? It's getting to be like following a floating crap game but happy to see you.

Just looking for ways to change, even if those ways seem to be minuscule and trivial. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Okay. If you can remember who you are, maybe we can too. :)

Another drive by to inform that the Colorado place is out. A friend of mine looked at it for me today and she said it's a dump and she wouldn't put her dog in it. Piles a hoarder stuff all around the outside, trash all over the front and back yard, OLD house with not even drapes, dirty Windows, old paint on the inside, carpet in really bad condition and only one propane heater to keep the whole place warm was not enough and our electric bill would go thru the roof to do so since it is very cold there right now and it not even being winter yet!

She said the surrounding views are nice because it's pastures and many horses, but the house is pretty bad....plus the owner plans to sell it all soon..which means out we go again. So, we said thanks but no thanks.

Still waiting on the application for the Arizona place and I have called him twice with no response, so I don't know what's going on with that. Probably not a good sign with our luck.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Meanwhile we broached the idea to the people letting us camp out in their old RV to let us stay a couple of months..or until we get thru winter and they will let us know tomorrow. In the interim, I am going to try to hook up my PC in two days. We have to get this RV leveled first though, otherwise it will slide off the table. We are listing to one side and pointed downhill...not googd for sleeping because we roll off the beds. I don't want my desktop to roll off and land on my head, lol.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Good plan. Male cats are especially susceptible to urinary tract infections and that would be my first guess. Best to get right on it.
Thought it might be a bladder infection or maybe an infected cut, bite or scratch. I wish.......

He's 3 years old up on all his shots and now he has feline leukemia AND feline HIV. He's fine right this minute but they gave him a pain shot that should last for 6 to 8 hours and a large dose of antibiotics. The vet said if he was human he'd be in the hospital right now on intensive chemo, she also said he could be sick for up to 4 months then suddenly get better and never have another episode, he could continue to get worse and die or could just maintain at this level for the rest of his life. I'm still absorbing the news.

Thought it might be a bladder infection or maybe an infected cut, bite or scratch. I wish.......

He's 3 years old up on all his shots and now he has feline leukemia AND feline HIV. He's fine right this minute but they gave him a pain shot that should last for 6 to 8 hours and a large dose of antibiotics. The vet said if he was human he'd be in the hospital right now on intensive chemo, she also said he could be sick for up to 4 months then suddenly get better and never have another episode, he could continue to get worse and die or could just maintain at this level for the rest of his life. I'm still absorbing the news.

Oh so sorry Ringel. I hoped it was just the usual UTI that we male cat owners deal with but what you are describing is not good. I remember when he first joined your household so I feel like he's grown up with me as much as you. You'll do what you need to do that is best for him but oh my.

Forum List

Back