USMB Coffee Shop IV

Welcome Dalia. Many years ago when I was in the Navy I found myself in France a few times. I enjoyed it there and had a great time.
Thank you Big Black Dog...the food is great and so good and like a lot frog legs with butter garlic and parsley where i am going for christmas the French woman cook so well French as a thing with cooking and we stay at the table for a long long time.

French food is right up at the top among my favorite cuisines. And I love a good French restaurant.
Bonsoir, Frog legs are not a meal that American or English peoples like a lot but French Peoples don't like Eggnog :) i mean they will never be able to try it. i like Eggnog with a little bit of rhum :)

That must be the Canadian influence. :) From our perspective France and England have never been really warm friends, so I guess the French wouldn't appreciate a drink that originated in England. I do love good eggnog though. I just don't love the really high calorie content that is typical of American recipes.
Bonsoir à vous tous, Hello everybody Yes we could say that France and England are the best enemies and the French really don't like the cooking from England they don't like were frogs legs but we don't like they pudding...and they put mint almost in all there recipes:)

Oh and bonsoir a vous to you as well, Dalia. :)

I have a question : i receive in my inbox a invitation to the new Group
Allah Snackbar! Global Islamic Terrorism Group Invitation ...and if i accept i clic on the link but the member as no message at the forum.
Is it credible ?

Here at US Message Board? No idea. But I would sure be careful until I knew what I was getting myself into Dalia. All sorts of red flags went up in my head.
Thank you...but i see the new group on the page at the forum...i don't know what it mean is it credible? i don't clic on link in my inbox just if i am sure there nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:
Foxfire the button REPLY don't work for me...me too i don't like escargot and i don't like some of the delicatessen here in France it look like Shoe skin:badgrin:

I had a friend who had one as a pet. *shudder* I'll pass!

I have one that lives in my front yard. He keeps the bugs down around the front porch.
He's black and white, a very unusal color from the rest who are tan and dark brown.

Tarantula Facts

We don't kill or remove every daddy longleg spider we see in the house either for the same reason. They don't make huge webs and they are harmless to humans, but if they are around, we don't have to worry about getting any bad spiders in the house. So I can appreciate you having a 'guard' tarantula on your place. I wouldn't bother him/her either. For the same reason when we lived out on the mountain, we cautioned our house guests not to kill the couple of king snakes that lived somewhere close to the house. They are harmless to humans but deadly to any rattlesnake that happened to venture onto the property.

The highway from I-40 to Santa Fe that goes along the east side of our mountain--our road to town when we lived out there--is two lane traveling through really rugged country. I often drove it when we were still working as I worked in Santa Fe quite a bit.

One day I was headed to Santa Fe when I pulled over to watch a tarantula migration that happens now and then. Thousands of tarantulas all moving together across the highway. An amazing thing to see. And I was a bit amused to see how many people in vehicles will swerve to avoid hitting a spider. :)
Never saw that though I've driven those mountain roads numerous times on a motorcycle. I've seen mule deer, javalina, bear and scillions of snakes and little lizards, but never tarantulas.

They 'migrate' or more accurately 'march' once a year in the fall. In sparse years when conditions aren't favorable for large scale tarantula production, you will only see one or two spiders as they go looking for mates and so it is reasonable that most people never see one. But in a year that is extremely favorable for tarantulas, they can be in large numbers such as I saw that one time. It is quite a phenomenon because it will only happen once in a blue moon.

You would have thought it would creep me out, but it didn't. It was fascinating. Unfortunately a still camera didn't do it justice--I do have a couple of pictures but they didn't really capture it. And this was before smart phones with video capability.
Just south of Cape Canaveral there is a land crap migration like that. You don't want to drive A1A for a week after that. The aroma is less than pleasant.
Freudian slip or intentional misspelling?

I have one that lives in my front yard. He keeps the bugs down around the front porch.
He's black and white, a very unusal color from the rest who are tan and dark brown.

Tarantula Facts

We don't kill or remove every daddy longleg spider we see in the house either for the same reason. They don't make huge webs and they are harmless to humans, but if they are around, we don't have to worry about getting any bad spiders in the house. So I can appreciate you having a 'guard' tarantula on your place. I wouldn't bother him/her either. For the same reason when we lived out on the mountain, we cautioned our house guests not to kill the couple of king snakes that lived somewhere close to the house. They are harmless to humans but deadly to any rattlesnake that happened to venture onto the property.

The highway from I-40 to Santa Fe that goes along the east side of our mountain--our road to town when we lived out there--is two lane traveling through really rugged country. I often drove it when we were still working as I worked in Santa Fe quite a bit.

One day I was headed to Santa Fe when I pulled over to watch a tarantula migration that happens now and then. Thousands of tarantulas all moving together across the highway. An amazing thing to see. And I was a bit amused to see how many people in vehicles will swerve to avoid hitting a spider. :)
Never saw that though I've driven those mountain roads numerous times on a motorcycle. I've seen mule deer, javalina, bear and scillions of snakes and little lizards, but never tarantulas.

They 'migrate' or more accurately 'march' once a year in the fall. In sparse years when conditions aren't favorable for large scale tarantula production, you will only see one or two spiders as they go looking for mates and so it is reasonable that most people never see one. But in a year that is extremely favorable for tarantulas, they can be in large numbers such as I saw that one time. It is quite a phenomenon because it will only happen once in a blue moon.

You would have thought it would creep me out, but it didn't. It was fascinating. Unfortunately a still camera didn't do it justice--I do have a couple of pictures but they didn't really capture it. And this was before smart phones with video capability.
Just south of Cape Canaveral there is a land crap migration like that. You don't want to drive A1A for a week after that. The aroma is less than pleasant.

LOL. I don't think spiders smell. :)
Never smelled thousands of them that had been baking on the street for a couple days

I dont know Ernie

My guess mispelling and most saw crab.

I did with the thought it could have been a Freudian slip too. :)

But no spelling or grammar or typo police allowed in the Coffee Shop because I would have to be reprimanding myself too often. :) As well as those trying to do this on teensy telephones and I only recently discovered how difficult it is to be grammatically correct or spell well doing that.

And our newer international members for whom English is a second language--and they're doing great aren't they?--also need allowance for a margin of error. Especially when I start using my very imperfect translator to try to communicate in their native language.

Hey everbody

I just got thru talking to Mr. & Mrs. Gracie on the phone.
They might have a place, still in the works.
Lets keep our fingers crossed for them.

She says Hi and to tell you all that they are doing alright.
She misses everybody and her computer.

Hope Gracie will be able to post again soon. Miss her. And hope and hope and hope they have found a solution to their dilemma.

It's going to take some time because it all has to be done by snail mail.
No computer, printer or fax machine.
Thus - why she really misses her computer.

I dont know Ernie

My guess mispelling and most saw crab.
I do that a lot. More with friends on social media, but most of them read me carefully once they get that subtle mind trip.

I did right after you joined the board. :biggrin:
Too many mind games like that in the U of A psychology grad students I hung out with.

One guy used to get a can of dog food and a can of hash.
He took the labels off and glued the dog food label back on to the can of hash.
Then he would sit at a stop light eating it watching the horrified looks on other drivers faces.
He was certifiably nuts in my book, but he was a lot of laughs.

For you Rocky Mountain Folks.....:)

Big Sky Country by user183852791

flint-mountains-montana.jpg

Thank you i got the information and i am part of a group now...i took the link from the forum.

But citrus, especially a whole orange but also orange juice, is good for you in moderation. It helps with iron absorption for healthy blood, skin, hair, nails, etc. as well as providing natural Vitamin C plus a good dose of Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and the B vitamins.

I try not eat or drink any citrus. I do take a multivitamin every day to try to make up for my picky eating, whether because I don't like things or worry they will hurt. ;)

That's a good thing to do. I hope your doctor is ordering a full battery of blood tests every year too just in case you're developing a severe deficiency in something.

Doctor? I haven't seen a doctor since I was in my teens. :lol:

As long as you are healthy you can get away with that. But after spending a week in ICU a year ago September, I have learned there is some stuff that is a teensy problem if detected early that becomes a really big deal if it isn't taken care of.

I'll go to a doctor when I get insurance. I haven't had it since I got too old to be carried on my father's plan. :p
Bonsoir Montrovant :) i want to say to you that Health is the most important if I can say here in France we do not understand how a country as rich as the united states people are not as well cared for? But take Obamacare I think nobody agrees with this system? And that in France the government wants to ensure that it is refunds à la carte if one is not too ill then we reimburse what band of idiots it is health before everything they have to care about there peoples first and make sure that they are well and taking for:)

Sorry about my bad English :)

I try not eat or drink any citrus. I do take a multivitamin every day to try to make up for my picky eating, whether because I don't like things or worry they will hurt. ;)

That's a good thing to do. I hope your doctor is ordering a full battery of blood tests every year too just in case you're developing a severe deficiency in something.

Doctor? I haven't seen a doctor since I was in my teens. :lol:

As long as you are healthy you can get away with that. But after spending a week in ICU a year ago September, I have learned there is some stuff that is a teensy problem if detected early that becomes a really big deal if it isn't taken care of.

I'll go to a doctor when I get insurance. I haven't had it since I got too old to be carried on my father's plan. :p
Bonsoir Montrovant :) i want to say to you that Health is the most important if I can say here in France we do not understand how a country as rich as the united states people are not as well cared for? But take Obamacare I think nobody agrees with this system? And that in France the government wants to ensure that it is refunds à la carte if one is not too ill then we reimburse what band of idiots it is health before everything they have to care about there peoples first and make sure that they are well and taking for:)

Sorry about my bad English :)

Your English is good enough to communicate quite well Dalia. So don't be shy or embarrassed ever about that. Believe me we have members at USMB for whom English is their first language and they don't express themselves as well as you do.

The only thing is be a little careful about introducing political topics into the Coffee Shop like national healthcare and things like that which we Americans sometimes foolishly argue about a lot. We try to keep this a mostly controversy free zone. Unless the controversy is sports or whose barbque recipe is superior and things like that. :)

Thank you i got the information and i am part of a group now...i took the link from the forum.

Well I certainly hope it is a discussion group discussing international terrorism and that you aren't an international terrorist. :)
No way the group is against terrorism :)

It is for terrorism? Honestly my new friend, you might be better off not being a part of that group.

Forum List

Back