USMB Coffee Shop IV

I need a good project to get me through the winter. I'm giving making a model of Buckingham Palace out of toothpicks strong consideration. When it's finished I could ship it to the Queen for her enjoyment. Good idea?
I just bought a big new 65" LG 4K TV, my Christmas present to myself. Sitting on my can watching super ultra high definition TV is going to be my winter project.

Last edited:
So, my old buddy 007 has declared he has a girlfriend. Sweet. Bet he'll look good in a tux standing in front of the priest declaring his love forever and then scrambling away on his motorcycle with the bride on the back headed off on a honeymoon. Can't wait to see the events of this love affair unfold in the Coffee Shop! Free coffee all around and grab a donut too! 007 is busting out in love!!! Let's party.
Ya know... I would get a couple extra bucks from the VA if I was married... hmmm...

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

California sunset
1721127-California-Sunset-0.jpg

Another beauty.

Well believe it or not CS, but the ole 007 has got him a kinda girlfriend. First one in probably ten years. Funny how I've known this girl for over 25 years. Dated her sister. Ironic to find out she liked me back then too. We're hittin' it off pretty good right now, taking it one day at time. Could be good, we sure have a lot in common and she's a seriously good lookin' gal.

Now don't get any ideas... there's no wedding plans just yet... :lol:

Whee. Keep us advised of how things develop. :)
She's 16 years younger than I am too... :ack-1:
I have something developing as well. The interesting part is that her mother is 5 years younger than I am. Completely illogical, but we seem to enjoy eachother's weirdness.

If it's a real soulmate, age is never a problem.
It seems she might be, though we both find it illogical. She is younger than all of my children but prefers Cream and the Graetful Dead to current artists, has similar political views and a come what may attitude. Hey! It's worth looking into.
On another note, a band called Titanium Blue has created an event on the bar's page for a gig next Friday night. Neither my partners or I remember hiring them. Gotta get to the bottom of this.
Yeah I've known this girl here forever too. Like I say, I dated her sister long ago. I even worked with her dad a few times subcontracting carpentry and he's a great guy. So her and I just click, we like much of the same things, and the best part is, she likes it around here.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Whee. Keep us advised of how things develop. :)
I have something developing as well. The interesting part is that her mother is 5 years younger than I am. Completely illogical, but we seem to enjoy eachother's weirdness.

It seems she might be, though we both find it illogical. She is younger than all of my children but prefers Cream and the Graetful Dead to current artists, has similar political views and a come what may attitude. Hey! It's worth looking into.
On another note, a band called Titanium Blue has created an event on the bar's page for a gig next Friday night. Neither my partners or I remember hiring them. Gotta get to the bottom of this.
Yeah I've known this girl here forever too. Like I say, I dated her sister long ago. I even worked with her dad a few times subcontracting carpentry and he's a great guy. So her and I just click, we like much of the same things, and the best part is, she likes it around here.

:ack-1: You gettin' married?

Hoping to continue our list of collective good news with this post. The pneumonia seems to be giving up all be it a slow process. My two broken ribs feel great. There was a set back yesterday, last night I was in the kitchen and had a coughing spell. Pretty sure I broke a rib on the bottom right side, maybe just a really bad muscle pull.

We have snow here, so I have to figure out how to shovel snow without lifting the shovel too much. :)
Have you considered a snow blower? They make clearing snow much nicer than using "Manuel labor".
Even better when they're mounted on the front of a large John Deere lawn tractor.

Naaaah... I doubt that will ever be in the cards. We've both been married and divorced more than once so I don't think we'll be visiting that topic any time soon... :lol:

Naaaah... I doubt that will ever be in the cards. We've both been married and divorced more than once so I don't think we'll be visiting that topic any time soon... :lol:

Well, never say never. And 3rd time could be the charm...but I getcha. :lol:

We're not even officially a "thing" yet. We're just kinda doing a hang around thing right now, but it has a lot of potential... :D

We're not even officially a "thing" yet. We're just kinda doing a hang around thing right now, but it has a lot of potential... :D

I know. But, I am still happy for you. :)

Bought this new LG TV at Best Buy yesterday, and the foot for the TV is wider than the TV stand I made. I don't want the ends of it hanging off, that would look pretty corny so, off to walmart to buy a new TV stand this morning. They have quite a few I've noticed, a few pretty nice ones.

LG_zpstbvhhog6.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping to continue our list of collective good news with this post. The pneumonia seems to be giving up all be it a slow process. My two broken ribs feel great. There was a set back yesterday, last night I was in the kitchen and had a coughing spell. Pretty sure I broke a rib on the bottom right side, maybe just a really bad muscle pull.

We have snow here, so I have to figure out how to shovel snow without lifting the shovel too much. :)
Have you considered a snow blower? They make clearing snow much nicer than using "Manuel labor".
Even better when they're mounted on the front of a large John Deere lawn tractor.
Or better yet home made snow plows.........

classic-plow.jpg

:lol:

Got some errands to run but I'm more interested in staying home and drinking coffee. Mrs. BBD is getting a bit annoyed with me. I supposed I best get a move on. Happy wife means a happy life!

I need a good project to get me through the winter. I'm giving making a model of Buckingham Palace out of toothpicks strong consideration. When it's finished I could ship it to the Queen for her enjoyment. Good idea?
I just bought a big new 65" LG 4K TV, my Christmas present to myself. Sitting on my can watching super ultra high definition TV is going to be my winter project.

Wow, that's a biggie. All you have to do now is hope there is something worth watching on TV. There are no new films on over Christmas on British TV free channels. Nothing, Zilch! I will have to watch some of my DVD collection for entertainment.

Wow, that's a biggie. All you have to do now is hope there is something worth watching on TV. There are no new films on over Christmas on British TV free channels. Nothing, Zilch! I will have to watch some of my DVD collection for entertainment.

Most of the new movies are on Hallmark channel or sometimes A&E here. Do you get those over there?

Howdy USMB peeps.

We are having Glorious Glorious RAIN here in the SF Bay Area.

It's lovely (as I don't have to commute to work today. :) ) It's been so long since we've had a good rainy season, that this feels like a huge relief.

Howdy USMB peeps.

We are having Glorious Glorious RAIN here in the SF Bay Area.

It's lovely (as I don't have to commute to work today. :) ) It's been so long since we've had a good rainy season, that this feels like a huge relief.

And hope springs eternal that the drought is finally weakening or hopefully gone. We sure hope for that here on the high desert.

Forum List

Back