USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hoping to continue our list of collective good news with this post. The pneumonia seems to be giving up all be it a slow process. My two broken ribs feel great. There was a set back yesterday, last night I was in the kitchen and had a coughing spell. Pretty sure I broke a rib on the bottom right side, maybe just a really bad muscle pull.

We have snow here, so I have to figure out how to shovel snow without lifting the shovel too much. :)
Hire a neighborhood kid........
That only works if you have a neighborhood...with kids!
You have "kids"....... :eusa_whistle:
No, my does have kids. I have a child. My child has children. What the neighbors have depends on how well their offspring have been raised.

Hoping to continue our list of collective good news with this post. The pneumonia seems to be giving up all be it a slow process. My two broken ribs feel great. There was a set back yesterday, last night I was in the kitchen and had a coughing spell. Pretty sure I broke a rib on the bottom right side, maybe just a really bad muscle pull.

We have snow here, so I have to figure out how to shovel snow without lifting the shovel too much. :)
No, my does have kids. I have a child. My child has children. What the neighbors have depends on how well their offspring have been raised.
Pedant........ Geeze.......

I did mention earlier that I have many childless acquaintances who raise their four-legged "children" with better manners than many two-leggers.

I did mention earlier that I have many childless acquaintances who raise their four-legged "children" with better manners than many two-leggers.
Up yours!!!

Oh wait, manners......

:D

Say gallantwarrior
Do you have advise as to how to control a spoild pet billygoat that I'm stuck with taking care of for a few days till something can be done with the pet goats?
All I'm doing just makes him angrier. I would like to strangle him but he aint my goat. :biggrin:

It's a long story but I told her when she got them not to make them pets.
Only recommendation I can make that doesn't involve gravy and potatoes is: put him in a solid fence, toss food over the fence and pour water through the fence into the bucket, and wait anxiously until his "mom" gets back. They're smart and once they figure out what works, they won't stop using that technique. Or, you could by a cattle prod. Amazing how respectful they are of electricity.
Does he have a "buddy"? Having another goat might calm him a bit.

Thanks gallant.
Would a human stun gun kill it, if I bought one from walmart?

It's a male goat with big horns and 2 female goats.
The idiot woman thought she could make pets out of them and get milk to sell.
She also had a pitbull not trained in anyway what -so- ever and a 7 year old kid also undisciplined.
She let him go to school on the bus yesterday and then drove herself to Tucson and checked herself into a mental facality.
Child protective service came and got her 7 year old son, right away.
Her husband is a trucker and is far away on the road.
He will be back in a few days and will have to deal with all of this. I feel so sorry for him.

I'm a friend with her Mother and Lil took the chickens and ducks, the dog went to one of her grandsons.
I'm helping to hold the billy while Lil gets them water and food. She 76 years old. The daughter is a neighbor here.
I'm grabbing him in a stronghold with his horns. Of course it's not working to well.
This male goat is spoiled and of course agressive because of the 2 females, and maybe half crazed from whatever that 7 year old might have done to him.
I was hoping for stunning, not sure but feed store might have cattle prods. Thanks.

It sounds like something from the old show Payton Place, huh? :lol:
God never dull moment in this little suburb of ours.
Stun gun would work just fine. Find a "control" word, "STOP", "NO", "OFF", something like that and use it every time you stun him. Pretty soon, he'll respond to the control word because he'll associate it with a shock. Also, get a head halter on him. Billies are much easier to control if you have their head than trying to put a line on a collar. Those buggers are strong! If you can't get him, and his nannies, back home pretty soon and it looks like you might end up having to put up with them long-term, they do make good eating...seriously! Or sell them to someone who wants to deal with them. Good luck, billies (bucks) can be a handful and are not recommended as pets by any reputable goat keeper.

Thank you very much for the advise you have benn very helpful for us.
We appriciate it. :biggrin:

Tell
me about it !!!! my muscels are getting seriously sore.
I get him close to the fence & grab his horns up against the fence as she runs as fast as she can in and out, then I do it again when she gets the bowls full puts them back. If course he gets free but not before she's outside of the fence.
All Lil and I are doing is keeping them watered and fed till her son inlaw comes back.
Both are in shock at what she's done.
Lil went by the feed store and cattle prods cost around 60.00 to 70.00 bucks and it has to be ordered. It'll be over before we got it anyways.
Neither of us are willing to put money into it because we think like you, he would make good meat. The poor half mad thing would be better off in our opinions.
But its up to son inlaw.

Lil and I just talked it over,so here's what we'rere going to do;
Call our rancher friends and ask if we can borrow a cattle prod, I'm sure one of them will come thorugh for us. :)
We only need it for 4 more days.

I imagine eventually, he might sell the house because it was for her and his son.
I usually arrange my water bucket so I can pour fresh water into it from outside the fence. Buck's food gets tossed over the fence. Even I minimize contact with my bucks when they are rutty. They are nice animals unless in the rut. Then they are aggressive, looking for love in all the places, and they stink. If you can borrow a cattle prod in the meantime, do so.

Their in a four foot tall chain link fence.
My hands are small enough I can grab both horns up against the fence for about a minute, time for her to do it.
The pen is set up at her daughters house, they live out here in our suban neighboohood.
Trailer's and manufacturing housing on one side.
Wood frame home's on the other side. The inlaw & daughter live in one of the wood frame homes.
I'm a friend of her moms, my husband & I aren't friendly or social with them really except at family social gatherings at Lillian's house in St. David. :)

Only recommendation I can make that doesn't involve gravy and potatoes is: put him in a solid fence, toss food over the fence and pour water through the fence into the bucket, and wait anxiously until his "mom" gets back. They're smart and once they figure out what works, they won't stop using that technique. Or, you could by a cattle prod. Amazing how respectful they are of electricity.
Does he have a "buddy"? Having another goat might calm him a bit.

Thanks gallant.

She also had a pitbull not trained in anyway what -so- ever and a 7 year old kid also undisciplined.
She let him go to school on the bus yesterday and then drove herself to Tucson and checked herself into a mental facality.
He will be back in a few days and will have to deal with all of this. I feel so sorry for him.

I'm a friend with her Mother and Lil took the chickens and ducks, the dog went to one of her grandsons.
I'm helping to hold the billy while Lil gets them water and food. She 76 years old. The daughter is a neighbor here.
I'm grabbing him in a stronghold with his horns. Of course it's not working to well.
This male goat is spoiled and of course agressive because of the 2 females, and maybe half crazed from whatever that 7 year old might have done to him.
I was hoping for stunning, not sure but feed store might have cattle prods. Thanks.

Stun gun would work just fine. Find a "control" word, "STOP", "NO", "OFF", something like that and use it every time you stun him. Pretty soon, he'll respond to the control word because he'll associate it with a shock. Also, get a head halter on him. Billies are much easier to control if you have their head than trying to put a line on a collar. Those buggers are strong! If you can't get him, and his nannies, back home pretty soon and it looks like you might end up having to put up with them long-term, they do make good eating...seriously! Or sell them to someone who wants to deal with them. Good luck, billies (bucks) can be a handful and are not recommended as pets by any reputable goat keeper.

Tell
I get him close to the fence & grab his horns up against the fence as she runs as fast as she can in and out, then I do it again when she gets the bowls full puts them back. If course he gets free but not before she's outside of the fence.
All Lil and I are doing is keeping them watered and fed till her son inlaw comes back.
Lil went by the feed store and cattle prods cost around 60.00 to 70.00 bucks and it has to be ordered. It'll be over before we got it anyways.
Neither of us are willing to put money into it because we think like you, he would make good meat. The poor half mad thing would be better off in our opinions.
But its up to son inlaw.

Call our rancher friends and ask if we can borrow a cattle prod, I'm sure one of them will come thorugh for us. :)

I imagine eventually, he might sell the house because it was for her and his son.
I usually arrange my water bucket so I can pour fresh water into it from outside the fence. Buck's food gets tossed over the fence. Even I minimize contact with my bucks when they are rutty. They are nice animals unless in the rut. Then they are aggressive, looking for love in all the places, and they stink. If you can borrow a cattle prod in the meantime, do so.

My hands are small enough I can grab both horns up against the fence for about a minute, time for her to do it.
The pen is set up at her daughters house, they live out here in our suban neighboohood.
Wood frame home's on the other side. The inlaw & daughter live in one of the wood frame homes.
I'm a friend of her moms, my husband & I aren't friendly or social with them really except at family social gatherings at Lillian's house in St. David. :)
Good luck. I hope things fall into place soon for all of you. I feel most sorry for the 7-yr-old child. How awful for him!

Thanks gallant.

Tell
But its up to son inlaw.

Good luck. I hope things fall into place soon for all of you. I feel most sorry for the 7-yr-old child. How awful for him!

It's going to be real hard for him ,plus the social workers, the kid has never been disciplined, just like the animals.
She thought they should all have freedom to do as they pleased.
I would not let her or Dillion in my house ,the kid was into everything and liked denting in my ice coolers on my front pourch, with a rock while Mom ignored him talking to me.
Drove me insane.
I said to him, Dillion how would you like it if I found a beautiful rock to show you and I used it to dent your toys.
He stared at me and I said, stop doing that please, he looks sheeply at me says ok ,then while we're still talking, he opens our garage and starts grabbing things.
Her remarke?

He's a strong boy isnt he. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes cockatoo's and cockatiels are loud and sqwak all the time off and on all day.
My user name is in memory of my cockatiel Peachie Pie.
Parrorts are diffent they play alot and love snacking all day long.
But they much louder. :)
When I first started keeping my goats at my buddy's place, his ex was still here, with her bird collection. One afternoon, I was out feeding the goats when I heard the most horrific screaming ever. I thought he was killing his ex! I found out later that the African Grey she kept loved shrieking like a banshee. Quite convincing imitation of a woman being murdered, I must admit.

Sounds like our neighbor's peacocks. First time they sounded off it sounded exactly like a woman screaming. I almost called 911 but eventually figured out what I was hearing.

Tell
But its up to son inlaw.

It's going to be real hard for him ,plus the social workers, the kid has never been disciplined, just like the animals.
She thought they should all have freedom to do as they pleased.
I would not let her or Dillion in my house ,the kid was into everything and liked denting in my ice coolers on my front pourch, with a rock while Mom ignored him talking to me.
Drove me insane.
I said to him, Dillion how would you like it if I found a beautiful rock to show you and I used it to dent your toys.
He stared at me and I said, stop doing that please, he looks sheeply at me says ok ,then while we're still talking, he opens our garage and starts grabbing things.
Her remarke?

He's a strong boy isnt he. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!
Some people should never be permitted to have "pets", or breed. How sad for that little boy. With some good fortune, he will be taken into a foster family with the strength and discipline to help him become human.

Yes cockatoo's and cockatiels are loud and sqwak all the time off and on all day.
When I first started keeping my goats at my buddy's place, his ex was still here, with her bird collection. One afternoon, I was out feeding the goats when I heard the most horrific screaming ever. I thought he was killing his ex! I found out later that the African Grey she kept loved shrieking like a banshee. Quite convincing imitation of a woman being murdered, I must admit.

Sounds like our neighbor's peacocks. First time they sounded off it sounded exactly like a woman screaming. I almost called 911 but eventually figured out what I was hearing.
OK, pigeonhole opened: a friend of mine had a peacock. Things went well until the county built a new grade school across the road from their farm. Beautiful edifice dedicated to the education of the young. The entire front wall was mirrored glass. It didn't take long for their peacock to discover his peacock adversary across the street. The friends were called constantly to remove their peacock because he was constantly displaying himself and aggressing the "adversary". Have you all seen a full grown peacock on display? Damned things must be at least 6-7 feet big.

Tomorrow marks two weeks until Christmas Eve. Let the Christmas cookie baking begin in ernest. Crank them out folks. Time is drawing near!!!

We have a neighbor out here who has peakocks.
We all live far enough apart from each other that it's not a problem.
You have to drive to the nearest neighbor.

My mastiff could be heard everywhere when she barked, but they all appreciated it ,because when she did bark which was rare, there was a damn good reason for it, most reach for thier guns and looked outside.
More often than not it was a mountain lion, rather than illegals. They stopped traipsing though when they saw Gracie.
She scared that cat so bad. :lmao:
All I saw was hind end and tail.
Grace had a good six inches taller than that cat.
And the scream from him it was hilarious.

He had never seen a dog so much bigger than him. He was used to eating them. :)

I love bacon. Its the fat I have trouble with.

If you don't hate it too much, try turkey bacon.

I actually like a good turkey bacon but boy it is sure temperamental to cook. Undercooked and it doesn't taste right and just a few seconds overcooked and you have turkey bacon powder.
Glad you mentioned that, Foxy. Lord knows I've eyed up the turkey bacon many times in the store and thought about buying it, not I'll pass for sure.

If you have reflux problems, fat can be a trigger. Be careful with the pork bacon. I certainly enjoy bacon, but I mostly avoid it because all that fat can start up my reflux issues pretty quickly.
Sorry that you can never truly enjoy the heaven that is a crispy piece of bacon. I've tried turkey bacon and it sucked (IMHO).

I do eat normal pork bacon, just not very often anymore. It isn't that big a deal for me because I prefer having a bowl of cereal for breakfast every day, bacon is more something I might have occasionally when going out. :)

OK, pigeonhole opened: a friend of mine had a peacock. Things went well until the county built a new grade school across the road from their farm. Beautiful edifice dedicated to the education of the young. The entire front wall was mirrored glass. It didn't take long for their peacock to discover his peacock adversary across the street. The friends were called constantly to remove their peacock because he was constantly displaying himself and aggressing the "adversary". Have you all seen a full grown peacock on display? Damned things must be at least 6-7 feet big.

Our monastery in St. David have peacocks and all kinds of birds,ducks & geese. Their grounds are beautiful.

If you don't hate it too much, try turkey bacon.

I actually like a good turkey bacon but boy it is sure temperamental to cook. Undercooked and it doesn't taste right and just a few seconds overcooked and you have turkey bacon powder.
Glad you mentioned that, Foxy. Lord knows I've eyed up the turkey bacon many times in the store and thought about buying it, not I'll pass for sure.

If you have reflux problems, fat can be a trigger. Be careful with the pork bacon. I certainly enjoy bacon, but I mostly avoid it because all that fat can start up my reflux issues pretty quickly.
Sorry that you can never truly enjoy the heaven that is a crispy piece of bacon. I've tried turkey bacon and it sucked (IMHO).

I do eat normal pork bacon, just not very often anymore. It isn't that big a deal for me because I prefer having a bowl of cereal for breakfast every day, bacon is more something I might have occasionally when going out. :)
Makes it even better when it's a special treat, though, doesn't it?

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

California sunset
1721127-California-Sunset-0.jpg

Well believe it or not CS, but the ole 007 has got him a kinda girlfriend. First one in probably ten years. Funny how I've known this girl for over 25 years. Dated her sister. Ironic to find out she liked me back then too. We're hittin' it off pretty good right now, taking it one day at time. Could be good, we sure have a lot in common and she's a seriously good lookin' gal.

Now don't get any ideas... there's no wedding plans just yet... :lol:

Whee. Keep us advised of how things develop. :)
She's 16 years younger than I am too... :ack-1:

My hubbie says for you to get used to being called a cradle robber because that's what people call him and I'm 6 years younger than him. :)
No one I know could care less. They'd figure it was a good match.

Well believe it or not CS, but the ole 007 has got him a kinda girlfriend. First one in probably ten years. Funny how I've known this girl for over 25 years. Dated her sister. Ironic to find out she liked me back then too. We're hittin' it off pretty good right now, taking it one day at time. Could be good, we sure have a lot in common and she's a seriously good lookin' gal.

My hubbie says for you to get used to being called a cradle robber because that's what people call him and I'm 6 years younger than him. :)
No one I know could care less. They'd figure it was a good match.

The people we know doesn't either.
It wasn't them he was refering to. :)

I have something developing as well. The interesting part is that her mother is 5 years younger than I am. Completely illogical, but we seem to enjoy eachother's weirdness.
Exactly. Far as this girl goes here, I'm 61, she's 45, neither of us are kids anymore and we really don't give a damn. The pickin's around here can be as slim for the women as it is for men. I consider myself lucky with her, and I'm not a bad catch if I have to say so myself... :biggrin:

Forum List

Back