USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thank you very much for the advise you have benn very helpful for us.
We appriciate it. :biggrin:

Tell
me about it !!!! my muscels are getting seriously sore.
I get him close to the fence & grab his horns up against the fence as she runs as fast as she can in and out, then I do it again when she gets the bowls full puts them back. If course he gets free but not before she's outside of the fence.
All Lil and I are doing is keeping them watered and fed till her son inlaw comes back.
Both are in shock at what she's done.
Lil went by the feed store and cattle prods cost around 60.00 to 70.00 bucks and it has to be ordered. It'll be over before we got it anyways.
Neither of us are willing to put money into it because we think like you, he would make good meat. The poor half mad thing would be better off in our opinions.
But its up to son inlaw.

Lil and I just talked it over,so here's what we'rere going to do;
Call our rancher friends and ask if we can borrow a cattle prod, I'm sure one of them will come thorugh for us. :)
We only need it for 4 more days.

I imagine eventually, he might sell the house because it was for her and his son.
I usually arrange my water bucket so I can pour fresh water into it from outside the fence. Buck's food gets tossed over the fence. Even I minimize contact with my bucks when they are rutty. They are nice animals unless in the rut. Then they are aggressive, looking for love in all the places, and they stink. If you can borrow a cattle prod in the meantime, do so.

Their in a four foot tall chain link fence.
My hands are small enough I can grab both horns up against the fence for about a minute, time for her to do it.
The pen is set up at her daughters house, they live out here in our suban neighboohood.
Trailer's and manufacturing housing on one side.
Wood frame home's on the other side. The inlaw & daughter live in one of the wood frame homes.
I'm a friend of her moms, my husband & I aren't friendly or social with them really except at family social gatherings at Lillian's house in St. David. :)
Good luck. I hope things fall into place soon for all of you. I feel most sorry for the 7-yr-old child. How awful for him!

It's going to be real hard for him ,plus the social workers, the kid has never been disciplined, just like the animals.
She thought they should all have freedom to do as they pleased.
I would not let her or Dillion in my house ,the kid was into everything and liked denting in my ice coolers on my front pourch, with a rock while Mom ignored him talking to me.
Drove me insane.
I said to him, Dillion how would you like it if I found a beautiful rock to show you and I used it to dent your toys.
He stared at me and I said, stop doing that please, he looks sheeply at me says ok ,then while we're still talking, he opens our garage and starts grabbing things.
Her remarke?

He's a strong boy isnt he. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!
Some people should never be permitted to have "pets", or breed. How sad for that little boy. With some good fortune, he will be taken into a foster family with the strength and discipline to help him become human.

Thank you very much for the advise you have benn very helpful for us.
We appriciate it. :biggrin:

Tell
me about it !!!! my muscels are getting seriously sore.
I get him close to the fence & grab his horns up against the fence as she runs as fast as she can in and out, then I do it again when she gets the bowls full puts them back. If course he gets free but not before she's outside of the fence.
All Lil and I are doing is keeping them watered and fed till her son inlaw comes back.
Both are in shock at what she's done.
Lil went by the feed store and cattle prods cost around 60.00 to 70.00 bucks and it has to be ordered. It'll be over before we got it anyways.
Neither of us are willing to put money into it because we think like you, he would make good meat. The poor half mad thing would be better off in our opinions.
But its up to son inlaw.

Lil and I just talked it over,so here's what we'rere going to do;j
Call our rancher friends and ask if we can borrow a cattle prod, I'm sure one of them will come thorugh for us. :)
We only need it for 4 more days.

I imagine eventually, he might sell the house because it was for her and his son.
I usually arrange my water bucket so I can pour fresh water into it from outside the fence. Buck's food gets tossed over the fence. Even I minimize contact with my bucks when they are rutty. They are nice animals unless in the rut. Then they are aggressive, looking for love in all the places, and they stink. If you can borrow a cattle prod in the meantime, do so.

Their in a four foot tall chain link fence.
My hands are small enough I can grab both horns up against the fence for about a minute, time for her to do it.
The pen is set up at her daughters house, they live out here in our suban neighboohood.
Trailer's and manufacturing housing on one side.
Wood frame home's on the other side. The inlaw & daughter live in one of the wood frame homes.
I'm a friend of her moms, my husband & I aren't friendly or social with them really except at family social gatherings at Lillian's house in St. David. :)
Good luck. I hope things fall into place soon for all of you. I feel most sorry for the 7-yr-old child. How awful for him!

It's going to be real hard for him ,plus the social workers, the kid has never been disciplined, just like the animals.
She thought they should all have freedom to do as they pleased.
I would not let her or Dillion in my house ,the kid was into everything and liked denting in my ice coolers on my front pourch, with a rock while Mom ignored him talking to me.
Drove me insane.
I said to him, Dillion how would you like it if I found a beautiful rock to show you and I used it to dent your toys.
He stared at me and I said, stop doing that please, he looks sheeply at me says ok ,then while we're still talking, he opens our garage and starts grabbing things.
Her remarke?

He's a strong boy isnt he. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!
Some people should never be permitted to have "pets", or breed. How sad for that little boy. With some good fortune, he will be taken into a foster family with the strength and discipline to help him become human.

I hope so too.
30 years ago when we first bought the house. There was another neighbor lady who thought the same, that children should not be disciplined.
They moved away but we remained friends with the husband after their divorce, the boys started playing with knives at a young age ,then got arrested for many juvenile crimes.
2 of the kids are in prison for life now.

I hope what has happened to Dillion helps him to avoid it by getting discipline.
He is still young enough and he really isnt a bad kid,cute as a button and very smart.

Lil and I both got cattle prods from our rancher friends.
This will work.
Better than luring him over with food and grabbing his horns with my fingers, then using my arms and hands to lock him in a headlock raming his head up against the fence.
He sounds like I'm trying to skin him alive or something.
It scared me the way he thrashed ,I thought he was gonna break his neck.
Either that or my fingers and or hands.

Thank you for the info on cattle prods and stun guns.
I didnt know whether the voltage would harm a smaller animal.

I need a good project to get me through the winter. I'm giving making a model of Buckingham Palace out of toothpicks strong consideration. When it's finished I could ship it to the Queen for her enjoyment. Good idea?
I just bought a big new 65" LG 4K TV, my Christmas present to myself. Sitting on my can watching super ultra high definition TV is going to be my winter project.

Wow, that's a biggie. All you have to do now is hope there is something worth watching on TV. There are no new films on over Christmas on British TV free channels. Nothing, Zilch! I will have to watch some of my DVD collection for entertainment.

Most of the new movies are on Hallmark channel or sometimes A&E here. Do you get those over there?

We have several free television film channels, but they don't often show new films. There are several satellite TV channels that you have to pay for and they have recent films, but I don't subscribe. We have Netflix where you subscribe to an internet channel and watch new films on your computer, but I don't have that either.

There are no new films on regular TV all over Christmas. There is expendables 3 on tomorrow but the next new film is not until December 30th. That will be Captain America ,the winter soldier.

Hooray, I just found out that 'game of thrones' series 6 is out now, so I can buy it and have something to watch over Christmas.

I need a good project to get me through the winter. I'm giving making a model of Buckingham Palace out of toothpicks strong consideration. When it's finished I could ship it to the Queen for her enjoyment. Good idea?
I just bought a big new 65" LG 4K TV, my Christmas present to myself. Sitting on my can watching super ultra high definition TV is going to be my winter project.

Wow, that's a biggie. All you have to do now is hope there is something worth watching on TV. There are no new films on over Christmas on British TV free channels. Nothing, Zilch! I will have to watch some of my DVD collection for entertainment.

Most of the new movies are on Hallmark channel or sometimes A&E here. Do you get those over there?

We have several free television film channels, but they don't often show new films. There are several satellite TV channels that you have to pay for and they have recent films, but I don't subscribe. We have Netflix where you subscribe to an internet channel and watch new films on your computer, but I don't have that either.

There are no new films on regular TV all over Christmas. There is expendables 3 on tomorrow but the next new film is not until December 30th. That will be Captain America ,the winter soldier.

Winter Soldier is a good movie, and not something that will require much broadcast TV editing. At least you'll have something good to watch after Christmas. :p

Hooray, I just found out that 'game of thrones' series 6 is out now, so I can buy it and have something to watch over Christmas.

GoT is certainly an excellent show. I wonder, however, if you might not be better off spending that same money on a Netflix subscription. It depends on how much getting GoT will cost you, but Netflix is only something like $9 US a month, and you get tons of TV shows and movies, including Netflix originals. The Marvel TV shows, in particular, I have found to be quite good. I recently re-watched the first season of the show Jessica Jones and still thought it was great, there are also 2 seasons of Daredevil and 1 season of Luke Cage. They are currently making Iron Fist, after which there will be an ensemble show called Defenders with the heroes of those 4 shows all together.

Apparently Netflix is also getting into creating anime, if you are into that style.

Altogether I think Netflix has 40+ TV series and maybe a dozen original movies, in addition to the many shows and movies in their library.

There is also Hulu, which is a similar service, although I don't know if they have as much selection. Amazon has their own streaming service as well which I believe you get as a Prime member, which costs $99 US a year. Amazon also has some original programming as well.

If you are thinking of spending the kind of money a show like Game of Thrones costs to buy on DVD, I think you'd be better off getting half a year's worth of a streaming service.

You can probably get a free month trial for one of the services, too. I know Amazon is always trying to get me to try Prime for a free month. :p

GoT is certainly an excellent show. I wonder, however, if you might not be better off spending that same money on a Netflix subscription. It depends on how much getting GoT will cost you, but Netflix is only something like $9 US a month, and you get tons of TV shows and movies, including Netflix originals. The Marvel TV shows, in particular, I have found to be quite good. I recently re-watched the first season of the show Jessica Jones and still thought it was great, there are also 2 seasons of Daredevil and 1 season of Luke Cage. They are currently making Iron Fist, after which there will be an ensemble show called Defenders with the heroes of those 4 shows all together.

Apparently Netflix is also getting into creating anime, if you are into that style.

Altogether I think Netflix has 40+ TV series and maybe a dozen original movies, in addition to the many shows and movies in their library.

There is also Hulu, which is a similar service, although I don't know if they have as much selection. Amazon has their own streaming service as well which I believe you get as a Prime member, which costs $99 US a year. Amazon also has some original programming as well.

If you are thinking of spending the kind of money a show like Game of Thrones costs to buy on DVD, I think you'd be better off getting half a year's worth of a streaming service.

You can probably get a free month trial for one of the services, too. I know Amazon is always trying to get me to try Prime for a free month. :p

My sister purchased 'game of thrones' series 1 to 5 for the last few birthdays and Christmas presents. Number 6 will be the first one I have had to pay for because my sister has already purchased a couple of other DVDs for my Christmas presents.
I have a 32 inch 3d TV and I like to watch films on that not on my computer so I don't think Netflix will suit me.
In any case there is usually something to watch during the year, but this years Christmas TV offering is particularly disappointing.

My sister purchased 'game of thrones' series 1 to 5 for the last few birthdays and Christmas presents. Number 6 will be the first one I have had to pay for because my sister has already purchased a couple of other DVDs for my Christmas presents.
I have a 32 inch 3d TV and I like to watch films on that not on my computer so I don't think Netflix will suit me.
In any case there is usually something to watch during the year, but this years Christmas TV offering is particularly disappointing.

You don't need a PC for Netflix. Your TV might have the ability to pick up streaming services, or you can get a stick to use for streaming. There's a Chrome stick, Amazon has a stick, Roku, there are a lot of options for streaming.

Just a thought.

56e01c11b9a6823298b587a0368131f4.jpg

So, my old buddy 007 has declared he has a girlfriend. Sweet. Bet he'll look good in a tux standing in front of the priest declaring his love forever and then scrambling away on his motorcycle with the bride on the back headed off on a honeymoon. Can't wait to see the events of this love affair unfold in the Coffee Shop! Free coffee all around and grab a donut too! 007 is busting out in love!!! Let's party.

Well once we got WQ and Sherry happily married off, the CS romance division didn't have much to do. So Ernie and 007 may provide a new interest in that department. :)

But we met on USMB. Maybe we should an sent CK a wedding invitation. :D

If it's a real soulmate, age is never a problem.
It seems she might be, though we both find it illogical. She is younger than all of my children but prefers Cream and the Graetful Dead to current artists, has similar political views and a come what may attitude. Hey! It's worth looking into.
On another note, a band called Titanium Blue has created an event on the bar's page for a gig next Friday night. Neither my partners or I remember hiring them. Gotta get to the bottom of this.
Yeah I've known this girl here forever too. Like I say, I dated her sister long ago. I even worked with her dad a few times subcontracting carpentry and he's a great guy. So her and I just click, we like much of the same things, and the best part is, she likes it around here.

:ack-1: You gettin' married?
Naaaah... I doubt that will ever be in the cards. We've both been married and divorced more than once so I don't think we'll be visiting that topic any time soon... :lol:

Well, never say never. And 3rd time could be the charm...but I getcha. :lol:
I swear! If I ever consider getting married again, I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house. That should save me 5 years of heartache.

So, my old buddy 007 has declared he has a girlfriend. Sweet. Bet he'll look good in a tux standing in front of the priest declaring his love forever and then scrambling away on his motorcycle with the bride on the back headed off on a honeymoon. Can't wait to see the events of this love affair unfold in the Coffee Shop! Free coffee all around and grab a donut too! 007 is busting out in love!!! Let's party.

Well once we got WQ and Sherry happily married off, the CS romance division didn't have much to do. So Ernie and 007 may provide a new interest in that department. :)

But we met on USMB. Maybe we should an sent CK a wedding invitation. :D
Maybe he should have paid for the honeymoon.

It seems she might be, though we both find it illogical. She is younger than all of my children but prefers Cream and the Graetful Dead to current artists, has similar political views and a come what may attitude. Hey! It's worth looking into.
On another note, a band called Titanium Blue has created an event on the bar's page for a gig next Friday night. Neither my partners or I remember hiring them. Gotta get to the bottom of this.
Yeah I've known this girl here forever too. Like I say, I dated her sister long ago. I even worked with her dad a few times subcontracting carpentry and he's a great guy. So her and I just click, we like much of the same things, and the best part is, she likes it around here.

:ack-1: You gettin' married?
Naaaah... I doubt that will ever be in the cards. We've both been married and divorced more than once so I don't think we'll be visiting that topic any time soon... :lol:

Well, never say never. And 3rd time could be the charm...but I getcha. :lol:
I swear! If I ever consider getting married again, I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house. That should save me 5 years of heartache.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Just go ahead and buy me one. You know I am looking. :lol:

Update on the pretty property here locally I told y'all about yesterday.

I have come to the conclusion that most people suck. And I must be a magnet.

The lady and I have two nice convos and a couple of texts. She said her son would be contacting me today, as to when we could look at the house and room. Remember..this is the place where another couple live and have two parrots?
Anyway...her son calls...he sounds like he is in his late 30s or early 40s..which matter naught. What did matter was his attitude on the phone, which I ignored thinking maybe I am just putting something there that isn't. Well....I wasn't. He asked a few questions, which I answered and we even discussed briefly what we like best on baked potatoes (I don't remember how that convo came up..I think it was him saying he was trying to figure out what he wanted for dinner tonight)...in other others..just chitchat. Then....he said..out of the blue "I have issue with your FUCKING dog".

*blink*

Where the hell did that come from? And FUCKING dog?

Oh, I so wanted to be me and say "and I have issue with FUCKING assholes and NOISY FUCKING parrots".....but I didn't. I just blinked. A lot. Then the cell phone dropped the call. Took me 15 damn minutes to figure out what his phone number was so I could call him back. So I did, and I said "before we waste time in you giving me directions to your home....do you like dogs?" and he said "no. I loathe dogs".

Instead of saying "then why the FUCK would you call someone who put an ad in CL saying they were looking for a room and have a dog?"...but I didn't. Y'all would have been so proud of me for not blowing a gasket, lol.

So...anyway....I told him "we are going to pass, thanks" and I hung up.

So...as usual...another wall got slung up. No surprise. So I'm cool.

One more on the list that is left. Bakersfield. Thats on Monday. I ain't holding my breath on that one either, but I gotta try. It IS the last one.

Hoping to continue our list of collective good news with this post. The pneumonia seems to be giving up all be it a slow process. My two broken ribs feel great. There was a set back yesterday, last night I was in the kitchen and had a coughing spell. Pretty sure I broke a rib on the bottom right side, maybe just a really bad muscle pull.

We have snow here, so I have to figure out how to shovel snow without lifting the shovel too much. :)
Have you considered a snow blower? They make clearing snow much nicer than using "Manuel labor".
Even better when they're mounted on the front of a large John Deere lawn tractor.
Wayulll...my Deere isn't quite a lawn tractor, but I gar-run-tee, she'll gitrdun when it comes to clearing snow.

Lil and I both got cattle prods from our rancher friends.
This will work.
Better than luring him over with food and grabbing his horns with my fingers, then using my arms and hands to lock him in a headlock raming his head up against the fence.
He sounds like I'm trying to skin him alive or something.
It scared me the way he thrashed ,I thought he was gonna break his neck.
Either that or my fingers and or hands.

Thank you for the info on cattle prods and stun guns.
I didnt know whether the voltage would harm a smaller animal.
Definitely not a buck goat! Those buggers are tough as nails. Let me know how that works for you, though.

Update on the pretty property here locally I told y'all about yesterday.

I have come to the conclusion that most people suck. And I must be a magnet.

The lady and I have two nice convos and a couple of texts. She said her son would be contacting me today, as to when we could look at the house and room. Remember..this is the place where another couple live and have two parrots?
Anyway...her son calls...he sounds like he is in his late 30s or early 40s..which matter naught. What did matter was his attitude on the phone, which I ignored thinking maybe I am just putting something there that isn't. Well....I wasn't. He asked a few questions, which I answered and we even discussed briefly what we like best on baked potatoes (I don't remember how that convo came up..I think it was him saying he was trying to figure out what he wanted for dinner tonight)...in other others..just chitchat. Then....he said..out of the blue "I have issue with your FUCKING dog".

*blink*

Where the hell did that come from? And FUCKING dog?

Oh, I so wanted to be me and say "and I have issue with FUCKING assholes and NOISY FUCKING parrots".....but I didn't. I just blinked. A lot. Then the cell phone dropped the call. Took me 15 damn minutes to figure out what his phone number was so I could call him back. So I did, and I said "before we waste time in you giving me directions to your home....do you like dogs?" and he said "no. I loathe dogs".

Instead of saying "then why the FUCK would you call someone who put an ad in CL saying they were looking for a room and have a dog?"...but I didn't. Y'all would have been so proud of me for not blowing a gasket, lol.

So...anyway....I told him "we are going to pass, thanks" and I hung up.

So...as usual...another wall got slung up. No surprise. So I'm cool.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I am not cool about it at all. I won't say what I am thinking. But HOW DARE HE talk to you.......a stranger.....like that. You're right. People suck.

Forum List

Back