USMB Coffee Shop IV

MJB12741 celebrated his birthday a week ago today. A belated Happy Birthday, Mike!

Also having another birthday is aris2chat Happy Birthday, Aris!

Sadly I know the feeling. Getting to a point where I have to start cutting down on how many hours I can give to care taking.
Beginning to search for my words and forget what I'm trying to say. Hope my posts don't become gibberish over the coming years, just my spelling :)

Try taking some Prevagen.
It actually really does work. :)

Family doctor is recommending Namenda. Sadly have family history baggage. Mental exercising across a number of subjects is still one of the best things, just getting slower. Mind races but expressing them or keeping them is getting harder. Like a big book made of flash paper, you open it and it goes poof. Dealt with grandmother and mother for decades each, watching them struggle and decline. Oh goody, something to look forward to ........... and forget

that's life

I already told the kids to bring me a kitten and pizza every time they visit. It will be like discovering two things to love all the time.

MJB12741 celebrated his birthday a week ago today. A belated Happy Birthday, Mike!

Sadly I know the feeling. Getting to a point where I have to start cutting down on how many hours I can give to care taking.
Beginning to search for my words and forget what I'm trying to say. Hope my posts don't become gibberish over the coming years, just my spelling :)

Family doctor is recommending Namenda. Sadly have family history baggage. Mental exercising across a number of subjects is still one of the best things, just getting slower. Mind races but expressing them or keeping them is getting harder. Like a big book made of flash paper, you open it and it goes poof. Dealt with grandmother and mother for decades each, watching them struggle and decline. Oh goody, something to look forward to ........... and forget

that's life

My family on both sides did not get Alzheimer's.
All four lived till their 90's.
My Mom was ninety and died while she napping.
I still could maybe get it, skip a generation or something.
Nothing's ever guaranteed in this world. :)
Except the old often over quoted taxes and death thingy. :)

It's getting quite windy here.
Gusts from 45 to 80 up in the mountains.
We got a show going on out there. Plastic lawn chairs are getting tossed around. Good thing our fence is high enough so they won't blow out of the yard.
No funnel clouds please!
We get tornadoes every once in a blue moon around here.
Dust devils are common.

Maybe when we're all talking gibberish, we will still understand each other?
When........? :D

LOL. Touche' We are already doing pretty well with that aren't we. :)
What irks me is to be talking about something and in the middle of my discussion have to stop and ask, "What was I talking about?" Another thing is to forget about something that happened yesterday but can remember in detail something that happened 70 years ago. Don't laugh, it happens to everybody.

Or the time I walk into a room, have no clue what I went there for, so I return to where I was, remember what I needed. . .

Or just this morning I was walking around the house looking for my glasses until Hombre pointed out that I was carrying them in my hand.

And one of the scarier things for me is when I run across a thread I started at USMB or elsewhere or a long, detailed post I made and have absolutely no recollection of having made either.

Fortunately I haven't yet disagreed with myself when I re-read those posts. :)

We got a show going on out there. Plastic lawn chairs are getting tossed around. Good thing our fence is high enough so they won't blow out of the yard.
No funnel clouds please!
Dust devils are common.

Same here sans the dust devils here in the city. Hombre felt good enough to go out and put the Merry Christmas letters up on the garage door. He put on his coat, hat, picked up the bundle of huge magnetic letters, went out, came in, put down the bundle and announced that he couldn't get a letter in place before the wind caught it and blew it into the neighbors house.

Maybe tomorrow.

Snowing here. Supposed to snow all night and most of tomorrow. Why does coffee taste better when it snows?

Snowing here. Supposed to snow all night and most of tomorrow. Why does coffee taste better when it snows?

I don't know but it does, doesn't it? When we lived on the mountain where we got a LOT of snow in the winter, there was something about snow piling up on the deck outside the double glass doors or snowflakes coming down that simply screamed for a fresh pot of coffee or tea or hot chocolate on the stove.

that's life

I enjoy doing computer skill games that require a lot of hand/eye coordination--Bejeweled blitz, Zuma, and such as that. And I am convinced that that kind of mental exercise does make a difference. And they're fun to do.

And that's it! The last of the Christmas gifts was delivered to my old friend in Florida today. A 'Christmas miracle' happened when the embroiderer called telling me that the fleece tops I ordered were completed with a 'meeple' symbol for my board game night buddies. Our annual Christmas Spectacular happens tonight and I'll be prepared with gifts for the fellas.

But Nosmo, what is a meeple? Understand this: we are living in a Golden Age of board games. Wonderful, challenging board games are being published at a phenomenal pace. One of the popular board game pieces is the 'meeple'. A wooden piece the generic shape of a person.
https://goo.gl/images/7SIHAu
7SIHAu

I don't know but it does, doesn't it? When we lived on the mountain where we got a LOT of snow in the winter, there was something about snow piling up on the deck outside the double glass doors or snowflakes coming down that simply screamed for a fresh pot of coffee or tea or hot chocolate on the stove.

Same with me for hot chocolate, with whipped cream late in the evening when its snowing hard out. :)

No funnel clouds please!
Dust devils are common.
Dust storm here. Was going to put some Christmas lights out but may wait, don't want to get blown off the ladder...........

that's life

I enjoy doing computer skill games that require a lot of hand/eye coordination--Bejeweled blitz, Zuma, and such as that. And I am convinced that that kind of mental exercise does make a difference. And they're fun to do.

Hand? LOL arthritis. Fingers already tripping over themselves trying to keep up with me.

rational through, debate, discussions, reading, ............. the occasional card game (550+) on the phone, mandala/henna designs, mahjong, othello, brain games...

Symbolic Squirrel Meaning

When the squirrel comes into our lives it is often a message for us to have more fun, and take life a little less seriously. We can see this in the squirrel's daily antics in our yards and surroundings.

However, other animal symbolism of squirrels deal with practicality. As the squirrel is commonly known to hide and save its food and return to it in the winter months - we take this as a sign in our own lives; a sign that it might be time to look into our own provisions. For example: Is it time to consider a retirement plan? Are we adequately insured? Or even as simple as doing simple and preventative repairs around the house.

Summary of Symbolic Squirrel Meaning
  • Energy
  • Play
  • Prudence
  • Balance
  • Socializing
  • Preparation
  • Resourcefulness

It's not commonly known that the squirrel only actually finds 10% of the nuts he hides for safekeeping. This is another message from the squirrel that we can also foolishly over-prepare. Here there is a lesson of balance to be considered.

However, there is a higher significance in this message of finding our 10%. All those nuts our squirrels do not recover are all primed and ready to seed themselves. This means, that thanks to our furry friends, we are gifted with new generations of trees and plants sprouting from all the seeds and nuts burrowed in the soil by squirrels.

This symbolically coincides with the old adage "what we sow is what we reap." What may seem like absent-mindedness is actually a strong message to us to be mindful of the metaphorical seeds we plant in our own lives as they we will surely reap the consequences.

Squirrels are quite sociable, and are often seen in pairs or groups. Any amount of observation of the squirrel will reveal that it is a vocal creature as well, and using extensive communications - particularly when in play or when it feels threatened.

In this manner, the animal symbolism of squirrels addresses our ability to express ourselves in social settings. The squirrel reminds us to communicate effectively with others, and to honor those around us with our presence (rather than dishonor them with inappropriate or rude behavior).

The animal symbolism of this animal is also tied in with the fact that squirrels are solar creatures, and as such, they carry solar animal symbolism. Animal symbolism in solar-inclined creatures are unique, and deal with the following cues.

Symbolic Meaning of Squirrel as a Sun-Loving Animal
  • Passion
  • Energy
  • Expression
  • Vitality

Ordered Chinese last night from a (new for us) place....... For some reason down here in the southwest fried won tons means creamed cheese filled........ that was disgusting. I know Chicken and Broccoli is bland but the wife claimed hers was tasteless, my General Tso's was unlike any General Tso's I've ever had, nasty. Strike that one off my list.
The only positive is I can doctor the dishes to make them better to it's not a total loss.

No funnel clouds please!
Dust devils are common.
Dang, that sucks. I can handle low temps, but the wind makes life pure hell. We've warmed up to the low 20s here, with the accompanying snow. Only about 2 inches the past 24 hours, or so.

Ordered Chinese last night from a (new for us) place....... For some reason down here in the southwest fried won tons means creamed cheese filled........ that was disgusting. I know Chicken and Broccoli is bland but the wife claimed hers was tasteless, my General Tso's was unlike any General Tso's I've ever had, nasty. Strike that one off my list.
The only positive is I can doctor the dishes to make them better to it's not a total loss.
Nothing like Chinese food cooked by...non-Chinese people.

What irks me is to be talking about something and in the middle of my discussion have to stop and ask, "What was I talking about?" Another thing is to forget about something that happened yesterday but can remember in detail something that happened 70 years ago. Don't laugh, it happens to everybody.
Thankfully, I can't remember a damned thing that happened 70 years ago.

What gets me is I realize there's something I want or need, know which room it's in, go to retrieve it but in the mean time have twenty other thoughts run through my head or get temporarily distracted, get to the room and stand there wondering why I went into the room in the first place.
I keep ending up in the bath room without a clue why. A while later, I change my pants and just get on with my day.

Forum List

Back