USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hossfly and Kat

Two of my favorite people at USMB. :) Happy Birthday!!! (Note.....please guess which pic is for you).

images
19d41038f0db417d42ede11ececeb56b.jpg

Not my birthday, just saying.

Tonight is when that great band is playing at Doc Hollidays.
Good Luck Ernie!
Hope the house is packed!!!!!

May the profits be with you. :biggrin:

MJB12741 celebrated his birthday a week ago today. A belated Happy Birthday, Mike!

Also having another birthday is aris2chat Happy Birthday, Aris!

Sadly I know the feeling. Getting to a point where I have to start cutting down on how many hours I can give to care taking.
Beginning to search for my words and forget what I'm trying to say. Hope my posts don't become gibberish over the coming years, just my spelling :)

Maybe when we're all talking gibberish, we will still understand each other?

I usually don't pay much attention to the stats on the Coffee Shop but I just noticed that sometime this past week Coffee Shop IV passed 1 million views. Next May, when we have our seventh birthday since the inception of the Coffee Shop we will likely have 5 million views. That's kind of amazing.
Happy Birthday Hossfly and Kat.

And hello Sheila. Always happy when you stop in too. :)

Last edited:
MJB12741 celebrated his birthday a week ago today. A belated Happy Birthday, Mike!

Sadly I know the feeling. Getting to a point where I have to start cutting down on how many hours I can give to care taking.
Beginning to search for my words and forget what I'm trying to say. Hope my posts don't become gibberish over the coming years, just my spelling :)

When........? :D

LOL. Touche' We are already doing pretty well with that aren't we. :)

What irks me is to be talking about something and in the middle of my discussion have to stop and ask, "What was I talking about?" Another thing is to forget about something that happened yesterday but can remember in detail something that happened 70 years ago. Don't laugh, it happens to everybody.

What irks me is to be talking about something and in the middle of my discussion have to stop and ask, "What was I talking about?" Another thing is to forget about something that happened yesterday but can remember in detail something that happened 70 years ago. Don't laugh, it happens to everybody.
What gets me is I realize there's something I want or need, know which room it's in, go to retrieve it but in the mean time have twenty other thoughts run through my head or get temporarily distracted, get to the room and stand there wondering why I went into the room in the first place.

What gets me is I realize there's something I want or need, know which room it's in, go to retrieve it but in the mean time have twenty other thoughts run through my head or get temporarily distracted, get to the room and stand there wondering why I went into the room in the first place.
I read a piece in Psychology Today that when this happens, going into a room causes your brain to put you in a different place and the best remedy is to go back out of the room and it will reverse the process. I've tried it and by golly it works!

It's normal Ringel :)

Walking through doorways causes forgetting, new research shows // News // Notre Dame News // University of Notre Dame

I read a piece in Psychology Today that when this happens, going into a room causes your brain to put you in a different place and the best remedy is to go back out of the room and it will reverse the process. I've tried it and by golly it works!
Sometimes it works, sometimes I'm already off on another tangent and it could be hours or days before I remember what it was. Depends on whether it was a want or a need. :dunno:

You logged on for brussel sprout dishes...your welcome.

So does Prevagen.
We saw improvement after just taking it for 2 weeks.
Our Doctor approves it. He has started taking it too. Like he said " couldn't hurt". :)

Got up and fed the cats as usual then tossed the stale popcorn out for the birds. Had about 15 pigeons over for breakfast, just went back out and it looks like Hitchcock's The Birds.............

You logged on for brussel sprout dishes...your welcome.
I like brussel sprouts in vinegar. :thup:

Got up and fed the cats as usual then tossed the stale popcorn out for the birds. Had about 15 pigeons over for breakfast, just went back out and it looks like Hitchcock's The Birds.............
I won't do that. Got about 12 buzzards flying around the 'hood today.

Toss a couple of carcasses out for em, see if the coroner's office has any to spare. :thup:

Toss a couple of carcasses out for em, see if the coroner's office has any to spare. :thup:
Obviously I believe in recycling.........

Try taking some Prevagen.
It actually really does work. :)

Family doctor is recommending Namenda. Sadly have family history baggage. Mental exercising across a number of subjects is still one of the best things, just getting slower. Mind races but expressing them or keeping them is getting harder. Like a big book made of flash paper, you open it and it goes poof. Dealt with grandmother and mother for decades each, watching them struggle and decline. Oh goody, something to look forward to ........... and forget

that's life

Forum List

Back