USMB Coffee Shop IV

When........? :D

LOL. Touche' We are already doing pretty well with that aren't we. :)
What irks me is to be talking about something and in the middle of my discussion have to stop and ask, "What was I talking about?" Another thing is to forget about something that happened yesterday but can remember in detail something that happened 70 years ago. Don't laugh, it happens to everybody.
What gets me is I realize there's something I want or need, know which room it's in, go to retrieve it but in the mean time have twenty other thoughts run through my head or get temporarily distracted, get to the room and stand there wondering why I went into the room in the first place.
I read a piece in Psychology Today that when this happens, going into a room causes your brain to put you in a different place and the best remedy is to go back out of the room and it will reverse the process. I've tried it and by golly it works!

So does Prevagen.
We saw improvement after just taking it for 2 weeks.
Our Doctor approves it. He has started taking it too. Like he said " couldn't hurt". :)
Prevagen! That's the stuff I've been meaning to try if I can remember how to get to the pharmacy.

MJB12741 celebrated his birthday a week ago today. A belated Happy Birthday, Mike!

Also having another birthday is aris2chat Happy Birthday, Aris!

Sadly I know the feeling. Getting to a point where I have to start cutting down on how many hours I can give to care taking.
Beginning to search for my words and forget what I'm trying to say. Hope my posts don't become gibberish over the coming years, just my spelling :)

Try taking some Prevagen.
It actually really does work. :)

Family doctor is recommending Namenda. Sadly have family history baggage. Mental exercising across a number of subjects is still one of the best things, just getting slower. Mind races but expressing them or keeping them is getting harder. Like a big book made of flash paper, you open it and it goes poof. Dealt with grandmother and mother for decades each, watching them struggle and decline. Oh goody, something to look forward to ........... and forget

that's life
Try Brilliant.com. They have tests of all kinds. A good mental work out.

Ordered Chinese last night from a (new for us) place....... For some reason down here in the southwest fried won tons means creamed cheese filled........ that was disgusting. I know Chicken and Broccoli is bland but the wife claimed hers was tasteless, my General Tso's was unlike any General Tso's I've ever had, nasty. Strike that one off my list.
The only positive is I can doctor the dishes to make them better to it's not a total loss.
Nothing like Chinese food cooked by...non-Chinese people.
I'm not Chinese and I can do better than that. :lol:

reese-witherspoon-recording-artists-and-groups-photo-u134.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Seattle sunset
9c223fe8c6b38b3c4fad48eb8f86e93d.jpg

The wind is so bad that some of the gusts sound like a freight train.
It's sort of scarry sitting here by myself, I can't get to sleep.
Hubby's sound asleep, because he's hard of hearing in both ears.
He has hearing aids so he doesn't hear this roar. One of the few advantages of losing your hearing. :)

It just keeps getting louder each hour.

The wind is so bad that some of the gusts sound like a freight train.
It's sort of scarry sitting here by myself, I can't get to sleep.
Hubby's sound asleep, because he's hard of hearing in both ears.
He has hearing aids so he doesn't hear this roar. One of the few advantages of losing your hearing. :)

It just keeps getting louder each hour.

Try putting cotton in your ears. Will muffle it a bit.

Hi Coffee Shop! Hope everyone is doing well (especially Mr. and Mrs. Gracie, who we are all thinking about at this time). :)

It is snowing here this morning in Massachusetts in my neck of the woods. :( I think they are calling for 2-4 inches. We probably have about 1 to 2 inches right now. But then Sunday it is supposed to be near 60 degrees, so all the snow will have melted by then! Yay! :eusa_dance: Honestly, I could do without any snow for the entire winter.

Hi Coffee Shop! Hope everyone is doing well (especially Mr. and Mrs. Gracie, who we are all thinking about at this time). :)

It is snowing here this morning in Massachusetts in my neck of the woods. :( I think they are calling for 2-4 inches. We probably have about 1 to 2 inches right now. But then Sunday it is supposed to be near 60 degrees, so all the snow will have melted by then! Yay! :eusa_dance: Honestly, I could do without any snow for the entire winter.

You should move to England, I have not even used any heating for over a week, and not much for the last month. They said on the news in November it was the hottest year on record, and that is without counting December which has been unseasonably mild.

The wind is so strong it's kicked up a major dust storm so bad I can't see the Franklin Mountains that are just a couple of miles away.

Forum List

Back