USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wind was so strong here last night, till wee hours in the morning.
We're used to 40 to 45 gusts for a few hours but not 75 To 80 all day and night.
We got some rain, that's always welcomed.

Wind was so strong here last night, till wee hours in the morning.
We're used to 40 to 45 gusts for a few hours but not 75 To 80 all day and night.
We got some rain, that's always welcomed.
No rain here but I think we need to attach guy wires to the house to keep it from blowing away.........

I don't think we got the wind you guys south of us got but it did get very windy yesterday, calmed to a dead calm after sundown--Hombre got the "Merry Christmas" put on the garage door--this morning is very breezy but clear and chillly--36 at this hour and 42 is supposed to be our high. Don't think it got below freezing overnight because we got a good rain--bird bath was almost full this morning--but no visible ice. Snow on the mountain though.

Library cat outlasts councilman that wanted him gone

You showed them bro!

Cats rule! (this is a cat post, not political)

Our feed store and our library have resident cats. :)

I think city ordinances prevent that here in the city which is a shame--there's something comforting about that--but in the little towns around here you see the resident dog or cat frequently in all but food service places.

In the Project Runway series, the designers sketch their design creations and then everybody goes to a huge fabric store called Mood to get what they need to make them. This is in the heart of New York City. And Mood has a resident very sedentary bulldog named Swatch who has the run of the place and the camera hones in on in every episode. I kind of like that.

Last edited:
I don't think we got the wind you guys south of us got but it did get very windy yesterday, calmed to a dead calm after sundown--Hombre got the "Merry Christmas" put on the garage door--this morning is very breezy but clear and chillly--36 at this hour and 42 is supposed to be our high. Don't think it got below freezing overnight because we got a good rain--bird bath was almost full this morning--but no visible ice. Snow on the mountain though.
It was in the mid 60s this morning, already dropped down to the mid 50s as the front moves in. We're looking at some cool days and cold nights for a while and the winds have finally died down to a dull roar.

36 degrees warm and raining in my part of the woods. Makes quite the mess, too because the rain freezes when it hits the cold ground.

Of all winter conditions I hate freezing rain the most. Dangerous to walk on. Dangerous to drive on. Terrible for wildlife and domestic critters alike. Devastating to roofs, trees, power lines, etc. Snow is much much preferable.

Hi Coffee Shop! Hope everyone is doing well (especially Mr. and Mrs. Gracie, who we are all thinking about at this time). :)

It is snowing here this morning in Massachusetts in my neck of the woods. :( I think they are calling for 2-4 inches. We probably have about 1 to 2 inches right now. But then Sunday it is supposed to be near 60 degrees, so all the snow will have melted by then! Yay! :eusa_dance: Honestly, I could do without any snow for the entire winter.
77 here in Foley today Chris. No snow at all in the forecast FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!

Supposed to start snowing again here later this afternoon and snow all night. Santa won't have any troubles with his sleigh here this year! I've decided I'm going to sit up all night on Christmas Eve so I can have a little chat with the old fella when he comes. Maybe share some egg nog with him.

Okay they've amended our heavy snow forecast to rain within the hour. It is partially overcast now and the wind has picked up significantly with wind chill in the mid 20's. We'll still have it better than the central to northern seaboard and New England though. Dulles Airport is temporarily closed to incoming and outgoing flights in DC for snow removal but Reagan is okay. Manhattan streets are snow packed.

This is how it looks in ChrisL 's part of the country.

Last edited:
36 degrees warm and raining in my part of the woods. Makes quite the mess, too because the rain freezes when it hits the cold ground.

Of all winter conditions I hate freezing rain the most. Dangerous to walk on. Dangerous to drive on. Terrible for wildlife and domestic critters alike. Devastating to roofs, trees, power lines, etc. Snow is much much preferable.
The strange thing is, the rain freezes when it falls to the already cold ground. Most places, it's just slush and the rain is actually running off buildings, airplanes, and cars, among other things. It's more like August than December. But you are right, walking and driving are tricky propositions right now.

Goodnight darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Arizona Christmas

holidaylights15.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Yesterday it was so cold (for me), and today I have had to run the air.

I have looked for several months trying to find a good used reasonably priced snow blower. The shorter time frame needed to payback the investment the better in my small landscape business. Bought a Snapper 22" two stage 5.5 hp Saturday. It is not as big (24") or as powerful (6.5 hp) or a few other details, but it was owned by someone I trust to sell me a good one, was local and is more maneuverable. As long as I can find replacement parts when needed it should be fine.

My ribs are healing at an annoyingly slow pace. In six days I have to be play-on[-the-floor ready for Harper and Ellie. Mrs. Liberty and I are hopefully going to pull most of the Christmas decorations together today. Get some wrapping in and cards sent. As always a race to the final hours.

Forum List

Back