USMB Coffee Shop IV

The range I use is closed until Jan 02, so my first available day to play with my new toy would be next Thursday, so I'm not in withdrawals yet. But if I can't pick it up by the following Saturday, I'll be using something postal for a target with one I'm familiar with.
I'm selling three of mine right now, the sporterized SKS, my CZ 52 and My PPS 43C.

I've been googling pictures... You certainly have exotic taste in weapons, my friend. :thup:
The CZ 52 was a nice addition to my collection, heavy cause it's all metal but handles like a dream. The problem is it's purely a military sidearm due to it's penetrating power, it will penetrate class II body armor, what it was designed to do making it a not so good carry weapon. If you want to spend the money hollow points are available otherwise you're firing FMJ and have to be aware of what's behind your target, what's behind that and what's behind that, don't count on an engine block to stop it.........

Damn!

The range I use is closed until Jan 02, so my first available day to play with my new toy would be next Thursday, so I'm not in withdrawals yet. But if I can't pick it up by the following Saturday, I'll be using something postal for a target with one I'm familiar with.
I'm selling three of mine right now, the sporterized SKS, my CZ 52 and My PPS 43C.

I've been googling pictures... You certainly have exotic taste in weapons, my friend. :thup:
The CZ 52 was a nice addition to my collection, heavy cause it's all metal but handles like a dream. The problem is it's purely a military sidearm due to it's penetrating power, it will penetrate class II body armor, what it was designed to do making it a not so good carry weapon. If you want to spend the money hollow points are available otherwise you're firing FMJ and have to be aware of what's behind your target, what's behind that and what's behind that, don't count on an engine block to stop it.........

Damn!
It's a Soviet era weapon and it only cost me a hundred bucks. The first time I took it to the range and fired it I shot off three rounds and heard from 4 stalls over; "what the f*ck was that!" :lol:

Damn!
It's a Soviet era weapon and it only cost me a hundred bucks. The first time I took it to the range and fired it I shot off three rounds and heard from 4 stalls over; "what the f*ck was that!" :lol:

The recoil would knock me on butt probably. :)

Damn!

Being all metal then no it's heavy, 2.09 pounds, the recoil isn't that bad at all.

Today was the first day of the late winter gun season for deer here in Illinois. You're allowed to hunt with a pistol and seeing as how I have one wing in a sling I took the pistol out. I had two deer tags left that I could use. This morning about 0715 I got a nice young button buck and about 1600 I got a big old doe that weighed probably 150 pounds or so. Biggest deer I ever killed with a pistol was a nice 9 point buck some years ago. I was glad that I was able to get out and hunt a little bit today. Tired of sitting around.

I lived in Minnesota for a while (almost 6 years) and some folks would use pistols for deer hunting in thick brush where a rifle or shotgun would be unwieldy. I have a Smith & Wesson .41 mag (the thing is a cannon). A guy I bought some ammo from in a Dick's Sporting Goods said he had a .41 mag that he put a laser sight on, and used it almost exclusively for deer hunting.

If it works.....what the hell. :)

Damn!

Being all metal then no it's heavy, 2.09 pounds, the recoil isn't that bad at all.

Someone lied to me then about the recoil of that pistol. :) Oh well!
I'll stick to my 38 special. Fits good in my hands.

Pic of the S & W .41 mag. In terms of power about a half notch under a 44 mag and about twice as powerful as a .357 mag.

Like I said...it's a cannon. :D Definitely not a plinker but fun to shoot.

13668989_1.jpg

Damn!

Glock people would not like the CZ 52 it has a very narrow profile, some have called it a mouse trap nailed to a 2x4 because of the feel. I hate clocks because they're so bulky to hold, the CZ fit my huge hands perfectly.
My primaries are a CZ 82 and a Polish P 64. The polish P 64 looks like a rough cut Walther PPK and makes a perfect pocket pistol.

Glock people would not like the CZ 52 it has a very narrow profile, some have called it a mouse trap nailed to a 2x4 because of the feel. I hate clocks because they're so bulky to hold, the CZ fit my huge hands perfectly.
My primaries are a CZ 82 and a Polish P 64. The polish P 64 looks like a rough cut Walther PPK and makes a perfect pocket pistol.

A lot of punch in a not overly big or heavy package. Excellent self-defense weapon. :thup:

My hands are small.
I can shoot 41 and 45's but it's uncomfortable for me.
I hits whats I aim at with my little 38 special, that's all that really counts in my book. :)

My hands are small.
I can shoot 41 and 45's but it's uncomfortable for me.
I hits whats I aim at with my little 38 special, that's all that really counts in my book. :)
Nothing wrong with a .38, used to own one myself. What I really want is still at the gun store, it's an original 1863 Sharps Carbine conversion that shoots a 50-70 round. The problem is it's about $2400...........

1st2011printcat_descrips1-33-7.jpg

It was one of the most prolific 'buffalo guns" used after the Civil War, a war version of the later 1874 (Quiqley) Sharps Buffalo rifle.

Many people have 2 monitors connected, it's not hard but if he does then we know where to start looking. If it's only one then it may be a BIOs setting that affects it upon "wake up".

The people I know can't afford 2 monitors.
Sorry.
I meant no offense. :(

Don't sweat it Peach. It wouldn't have occurred to me to hook up a second monitor on my computer though I do now have two perfectly good 22" monitors in reserve. I'm going to try to figure up how to hook one of them up to a laptop for my sister to use.

Oh, send one to me to replace my dead 22"! :lol:

Wish I could but I fear the shipping costs would be almost as much as replacing the monitor. But seriously, before you pronounce it dead, try what I suggested.

When I leave my computer for several minutes the screen goes into power reduction and goes dark. It won't wake up to mouse actions or tapping the space bar or any of the normal things you do to wake up a napping computer. But the control-alt-delete brings it right back in the same place I left it--it also brings up that little menu, but you just cancel it and everything is fine.
Setting in Power Settings will take care of the sleep issue, just tell it never to go to sleep.
As for it not waking up, BIOs setting, "Allow to wake up". Which version of Windows are you using again, I forgot.

Win 10.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Hombre for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo,
Big Black Dog for healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

dff63602e918c8c1763094ab0f47c6e5.jpg

My usual carry is a Ruger SR9E with 17 rounds or an SR9C with a 10 round mag, depending on what I'm wearing. I like the wide double stack grip and both guns fit the same holster.

I like the 9's because I can always find practice ammo for under 20 cents a round and quality hollow points can be found on sale often enough for under 50 cents each.

We loved it. Everything is so impersonal with electronics these days, so it's nice to see our names handwritten by a friend on a lovely card.
Thank you again! It made our day!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

It's too bad you didn't give Saveliberity permission to share your mailing address Gracie.
Many of us would have liked to send you and Mr. Grace a christmas card and best wishes. :)
I honestly didn't even think about it at the time. I'm sorry.

But if anyone wants to send a letter or note like the wagon wheel days of what was known then as the pony express/postal service...pm me and I will give you my po box. :)

Do you do email, Gracie?

Forum List

Back