USMB Coffee Shop IV

Peach, what was funny about that? Trying to get info to help troubleshoot the problem.

Just.wondered why anyone would have 2 monitors for. one computer
It struck me as funny.
Most people I know only has one.
Many people have 2 monitors connected, it's not hard but if he does then we know where to start looking. If it's only one then it may be a BIOs setting that affects it upon "wake up".

The people I know can't afford 2 monitors.
Sorry.
I meant no offense. :(

Don't sweat it Peach. It wouldn't have occurred to me to hook up a second monitor on my computer though I do now have two perfectly good 22" monitors in reserve. I'm going to try to figure up how to hook one of them up to a laptop for my sister to use.

Oh, send one to me to replace my dead 22"! :lol:

Wish I could but I fear the shipping costs would be almost as much as replacing the monitor. But seriously, before you pronounce it dead, try what I suggested.

When I leave my computer for several minutes the screen goes into power reduction and goes dark. It won't wake up to mouse actions or tapping the space bar or any of the normal things you do to wake up a napping computer. But the control-alt-delete brings it right back in the same place I left it--it also brings up that little menu, but you just cancel it and everything is fine.

I wasn't thinking and turned off my second monitor. Now it won't turn back on. I'm not yet ready to give up on it, as I knew it had this problem and it's ended up turning on eventually before, but this is the reason I got a new monitor with my birthday money. I may have to go back to the smaller one that's upstairs if this one won't work.

The really annoying part is that the power light turns on. It just blinks and nothing comes on the screen. :p
Second monitor? Two monitors on one computer? :dunno:
Waking up from sleep or hibernation mode or did you turn off the monitor then turn it back on?

One monitor. I say second monitor because it is the monitor on my secondary PC.

I turned the monitor off. I had set it not to go into sleep mode because of this problem.

It turns out that trying to open it up is going to be a pain, so I may just right the monitor off. It's close to 10 years old and, while I might be able to repair it, I don't think it would be worth the cost. I hooked up my little 19" to the second PC.

I'll try plugging the bigger, broken monitor back in tomorrow, just in case. If it works again, I'll try to remember not to turn it off. :lol:
Oh it's an older monitor, I thought it was new. :dunno:

Peach, what was funny about that? Trying to get info to help troubleshoot the problem.

It struck me as funny.
Many people have 2 monitors connected, it's not hard but if he does then we know where to start looking. If it's only one then it may be a BIOs setting that affects it upon "wake up".

Sorry.

Don't sweat it Peach. It wouldn't have occurred to me to hook up a second monitor on my computer though I do now have two perfectly good 22" monitors in reserve. I'm going to try to figure up how to hook one of them up to a laptop for my sister to use.
If the laptop has an HDMI port then it's easy.

hdmi.jpg

It struck me as funny.

Sorry.

hdmi.jpg

You're forgetting how untechy I am. I don't deal in HDMI ports. I deal in doohickeys and thingamabobs.

It struck me as funny.

Sorry.

Wish I could but I fear the shipping costs would be almost as much as replacing the monitor. But seriously, before you pronounce it dead, try what I suggested.

When I leave my computer for several minutes the screen goes into power reduction and goes dark. It won't wake up to mouse actions or tapping the space bar or any of the normal things you do to wake up a napping computer. But the control-alt-delete brings it right back in the same place I left it--it also brings up that little menu, but you just cancel it and everything is fine.
Setting in Power Settings will take care of the sleep issue, just tell it never to go to sleep.
As for it not waking up, BIOs setting, "Allow to wake up". Which version of Windows are you using again, I forgot.

It struck me as funny.

Sorry.

hdmi.jpg

You're forgetting how untechy I am. I don't deal in HDMI ports. I deal in doohickeys and thingamabobs.
That's why I posted a picture so you know what it looks like. :thup:
If you don't have an HDMI cord then go to Wally World and tell one of the people there what you need.

I wasn't thinking and turned off my second monitor. Now it won't turn back on. I'm not yet ready to give up on it, as I knew it had this problem and it's ended up turning on eventually before, but this is the reason I got a new monitor with my birthday money. I may have to go back to the smaller one that's upstairs if this one won't work.

The really annoying part is that the power light turns on. It just blinks and nothing comes on the screen. :p
Second monitor? Two monitors on one computer? :dunno:
Waking up from sleep or hibernation mode or did you turn off the monitor then turn it back on?

One monitor. I say second monitor because it is the monitor on my secondary PC.

I turned the monitor off. I had set it not to go into sleep mode because of this problem.

It turns out that trying to open it up is going to be a pain, so I may just right the monitor off. It's close to 10 years old and, while I might be able to repair it, I don't think it would be worth the cost. I hooked up my little 19" to the second PC.

I'll try plugging the bigger, broken monitor back in tomorrow, just in case. If it works again, I'll try to remember not to turn it off. :lol:
Oh it's an older monitor, I thought it was new. :dunno:

He said he had to get a new one earlier in the thread.
That's why I thought t was funny what you said. :)
Especially when you used your emoji with it.
It's just a simple misunderstanding. :D

Today was the first day of the late winter gun season for deer here in Illinois. You're allowed to hunt with a pistol and seeing as how I have one wing in a sling I took the pistol out. I had two deer tags left that I could use. This morning about 0715 I got a nice young button buck and about 1600 I got a big old doe that weighed probably 150 pounds or so. Biggest deer I ever killed with a pistol was a nice 9 point buck some years ago. I was glad that I was able to get out and hunt a little bit today. Tired of sitting around.

It struck me as funny.

Sorry.

That won't work for me. The monitor doesn't turn on at all, it isn't just a matter of waking up from power saving sleep mode. It doesn't even give the 'no signal' screen when I plug it in without hooking up the PC. I might be able to buy replacement parts, but the cost and trouble probably aren't worth it for my second PC. I'll probably just use the 19" and think about a new monitor next year if I want one. :)

I'm having shipping issues with my Christmas present. The Post Office, after verifying the address for my firearms dealer via the tracking number, informed me that the package was shipped back to the retailer because the address on the box was unreadable.

When I reminded him that he just gave me the address from the tracking number, he told me that the carrier needs a clean address ON THE PACKAGE to make the delivery. I asked why they couldn't just look it up by the tracking number and he told me "that's just not the way it works".

:rolleyes: #FrustratedInFlorida

It struck me as funny.
I occasionally run 3 monitors from this laptop. Occasionally the laptop display won't come on if I have a second (36") monitor connected with a VGA cable. Gotta reboot then plug in the monitor. The HDMI output to the projector for the 135" screen doesn't seem to matter.

Today was the first day of the late winter gun season for deer here in Illinois. You're allowed to hunt with a pistol and seeing as how I have one wing in a sling I took the pistol out. I had two deer tags left that I could use. This morning about 0715 I got a nice young button buck and about 1600 I got a big old doe that weighed probably 150 pounds or so. Biggest deer I ever killed with a pistol was a nice 9 point buck some years ago. I was glad that I was able to get out and hunt a little bit today. Tired of sitting around.

My cousin got a good size deer and an elk this season.
He hunts at a friends ranch in the South West Mountians of Colo.
He's sending us some elk jerky down to us.
Ummmm

I'm having shipping issues with my Christmas present. The Post Office, after verifying the address for my firearms dealer via the tracking number, informed me that the package was shipped back to the retailer because the address on the box was unreadable.

When I reminded him that he just gave me the address from the tracking number, he told me that the carrier needs a clean address ON THE PACKAGE to make the delivery. I asked why they couldn't just look it up by the tracking number and he told me "that's just not the way it works".

The mailperson can't read? Maybe use English, Spanish and French next time? You probably should have used sign language.

The range I use is closed until Jan 02, so my first available day to play with my new toy would be next Thursday, so I'm not in withdrawals yet. But if I can't pick it up by the following Saturday, I'll be using something postal for a target with one I'm familiar with.

That's not as bad as the shipping company DHL, they claim our house does not exist, even though you can find it very easy on the google map. :lmao:

Forum List

Back