USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today was the first day of the late winter gun season for deer here in Illinois. You're allowed to hunt with a pistol and seeing as how I have one wing in a sling I took the pistol out. I had two deer tags left that I could use. This morning about 0715 I got a nice young button buck and about 1600 I got a big old doe that weighed probably 150 pounds or so. Biggest deer I ever killed with a pistol was a nice 9 point buck some years ago. I was glad that I was able to get out and hunt a little bit today. Tired of sitting around.

My cousin got a good size deer and an elk this season.
He hunts at a friends ranch in the South West Mountians of Colo.
He's sending us some elk jerky down to us.
Ummmm

Have to admit that I'm really not interested in hunting, but I do wish that there was someplace around here to go plinking.

I'm having shipping issues with my Christmas present. The Post Office, after verifying the address for my firearms dealer via the tracking number, informed me that the package was shipped back to the retailer because the address on the box was unreadable.

When I reminded him that he just gave me the address from the tracking number, he told me that the carrier needs a clean address ON THE PACKAGE to make the delivery. I asked why they couldn't just look it up by the tracking number and he told me "that's just not the way it works".

:rolleyes: #FrustratedInFlorida

That's not as bad as the shipping company DHL, they claim our house does not exist, even though you can find it very easy on the google map. :lmao:

Unbelievable! :eusa_doh: Google Maps should be a minimum litmus test for deliveries.

Today was the first day of the late winter gun season for deer here in Illinois. You're allowed to hunt with a pistol and seeing as how I have one wing in a sling I took the pistol out. I had two deer tags left that I could use. This morning about 0715 I got a nice young button buck and about 1600 I got a big old doe that weighed probably 150 pounds or so. Biggest deer I ever killed with a pistol was a nice 9 point buck some years ago. I was glad that I was able to get out and hunt a little bit today. Tired of sitting around.

Ummmm

Have to admit that I'm really not interested in hunting, but I do wish that there was someplace around her to go plinking.

I go target shooting(plinking)- killing off pocket gophers.
Great fun. :)

Ummmm

Have to admit that I'm really not interested in hunting, but I do wish that there was someplace around her to go plinking.

I wanna go!

I'm having shipping issues with my Christmas present. The Post Office, after verifying the address for my firearms dealer via the tracking number, informed me that the package was shipped back to the retailer because the address on the box was unreadable.

When I reminded him that he just gave me the address from the tracking number, he told me that the carrier needs a clean address ON THE PACKAGE to make the delivery. I asked why they couldn't just look it up by the tracking number and he told me "that's just not the way it works".

:rolleyes: #FrustratedInFlorida

That's not as bad as the shipping company DHL, they claim our house does not exist, even though you can find it very easy on the google map. :lmao:

Unbelievable! :eusa_doh: Google Maps should be a minimum litmus test for deliveries.

Yeah, even the company from China that I ordered from said DHL needed to change something because he used google map to confirm our address. :)

The range I use is closed until Jan 02, so my first available day to play with my new toy would be next Thursday, so I'm not in withdrawals yet. But if I can't pick it up by the following Saturday, I'll be using something postal for a target with one I'm familiar with.
I'm selling three of mine right now, the sporterized SKS, my CZ 52 and My PPS 43C.

Ummmm

I wanna go!

The more the merrier!

This is my next one... whenever it becomes available :rolleyes:

1.jpg

I really want to take this one plinking!

The range I use is closed until Jan 02, so my first available day to play with my new toy would be next Thursday, so I'm not in withdrawals yet. But if I can't pick it up by the following Saturday, I'll be using something postal for a target with one I'm familiar with.
I'm selling three of mine right now, the sporterized SKS, my CZ 52 and My PPS 43C.

I've been googling pictures... You certainly have exotic taste in weapons, my friend. :thup:

I've been googling pictures... You certainly have exotic taste in weapons, my friend. :thup:

He's a Civil War reinactor. :)

Well... the numbers on the clock are getting big on the east coast and I need to be fresh as a daisy bright and early if the 4F is to be opened in time for the flamers to keep their collective panties untwisted.

:night: y'all.​

The CZ 52 was a nice addition to my collection, heavy cause it's all metal but handles like a dream. The problem is it's purely a military sidearm due to it's penetrating power, it will penetrate class II body armor, what it was designed to do making it a not so good carry weapon. If you want to spend the money hollow points are available otherwise you're firing FMJ and have to be aware of what's behind your target, what's behind that and what's behind that, don't count on an engine block to stop it.........

He's a Civil War reinactor. :)
Reenactor of many time periods I no longer do Civil War.

Forum List

Back