USMB Coffee Shop IV

Heads up. Sun is no longer blasting down. It came out of nowhere, folks. Its dark out there over the pacific and coming this way. Lightly so far....no rain. Yet. But its coming. I can see it. Should hit later tonight, from my guess.

Heads up. Sun is no longer blasting down. It came out of nowhere, folks. Its dark out there over the pacific and coming this way. Lightly so far....no rain. Yet. But its coming. I can see it. Should hit later tonight, from my guess.

The stuff from southeast Arizona is now moving into Southern New Mexico and the Texas bootheel country including where the Ringels are. Nothing close to you is showing up on the Accuweather radar yet, Gracie, but that too could change within the next few hours.

IMG_0461.JPG

I'm the same height as her mom Debbie Reynolds. :)

Put on heels...

I have my 4" stilettos, makes me 5' 6".
Things don't look quite as large from that height. :)
First wife is 4'11 3/4" tall I used to come home from work and pick her up and say hello....

Don't want no short people
Don't want no short people
Don't want no short people 'round me. :D

Life is much easier at 5' 6" :)

I wasn't thinking and turned off my second monitor. Now it won't turn back on. I'm not yet ready to give up on it, as I knew it had this problem and it's ended up turning on eventually before, but this is the reason I got a new monitor with my birthday money. I may have to go back to the smaller one that's upstairs if this one won't work.

The really annoying part is that the power light turns on. It just blinks and nothing comes on the screen. :p

I wasn't thinking and turned off my second monitor. Now it won't turn back on. I'm not yet ready to give up on it, as I knew it had this problem and it's ended up turning on eventually before, but this is the reason I got a new monitor with my birthday money. I may have to go back to the smaller one that's upstairs if this one won't work.

The really annoying part is that the power light turns on. It just blinks and nothing comes on the screen. :p

I am using a Dell monitor that does the same thing. The fix for me is to hit control-alt-delete to bring up the menu with the task monitor and other stuff on it, hit 'cancel', and voila the picture is back on the monitor. No clue what is causing that.

I am using a Dell monitor that does the same thing. The fix for me is to hit control-alt-delete to bring up the menu with the task monitor and other stuff on it, hit 'cancel', and voila the picture is back on the monitor. No clue what is causing that.

I'd have to hook up another monitor to do that. I have no picture on this one. :p

Right now I have it unplugged, it's been unplugged for about 1.5 hours. I'm running memtest on that PC anyway, so I don't need it right now. I'll try plugging it back in shortly, if that doesn't work again I'll probably open it up to see if there is any visible damage inside. That would be mostly my way of really giving up on the monitor.

Second monitor? Two monitors on one computer? :dunno:

Waking up from sleep or hibernation mode or did you turn off the monitor then turn it back on?

Peach, what was funny about that? Trying to get info to help troubleshoot the problem.

Just.wondered why anyone would have 2 monitors for. one computer
It struck me as funny.
Most people I know only has one.
Many people have 2 monitors connected, it's not hard but if he does then we know where to start looking. If it's only one then it may be a BIOs setting that affects it upon "wake up".

Waking up from sleep or hibernation mode or did you turn off the monitor then turn it back on?

One monitor. I say second monitor because it is the monitor on my secondary PC.

I turned the monitor off. I had set it not to go into sleep mode because of this problem.

It turns out that trying to open it up is going to be a pain, so I may just right the monitor off. It's close to 10 years old and, while I might be able to repair it, I don't think it would be worth the cost. I hooked up my little 19" to the second PC.

I'll try plugging the bigger, broken monitor back in tomorrow, just in case. If it works again, I'll try to remember not to turn it off. :lol:

Peach, what was funny about that? Trying to get info to help troubleshoot the problem.

It struck me as funny.
Many people have 2 monitors connected, it's not hard but if he does then we know where to start looking. If it's only one then it may be a BIOs setting that affects it upon "wake up".

The people I know can't afford 2 monitors.
Sorry.
I meant no offense. :(

It struck me as funny.

Sorry.

Don't sweat it Peach. It wouldn't have occurred to me to hook up a second monitor on my computer though I do now have two perfectly good 22" monitors in reserve. I'm going to try to figure up how to hook one of them up to a laptop for my sister to use.

It struck me as funny.

Sorry.

Don't sweat it Peach. It wouldn't have occurred to me to hook up a second monitor on my computer though I do now have two perfectly good 22" monitors in reserve. I'm going to try to figure up how to hook one of them up to a laptop for my sister to use.

Oh, send one to me to replace my dead 22"! :lol:

Forum List

Back