USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm the same height as her mom Debbie Reynolds. :)

Put on heels...

I have my 4" stilettos, makes me 5' 6".
Things don't look quite as large from that height. :)
First wife is 4'11 3/4" tall I used to come home from work and pick her up and say hello....

Don't want no short people
Don't want no short people 'round me. :D

Life is much easier at 5' 6" :)

Being short is almost like a handicap sometimes. Lol. Especially when you're trying to reach something on a high shelf, and someone else comes by and just grabs it like nothing! :lol:

Peach, what was funny about that? Trying to get info to help troubleshoot the problem.

Just.wondered why anyone would have 2 monitors for. one computer
It struck me as funny.
Most people I know only has one.
Many people have 2 monitors connected, it's not hard but if he does then we know where to start looking. If it's only one then it may be a BIOs setting that affects it upon "wake up".

If I may ask, what are you doing that you need two monitors?

Put on heels...

First wife is 4'11 3/4" tall I used to come home from work and pick her up and say hello....

Being short is almost like a handicap sometimes. Lol. Especially when you're trying to reach something on a high shelf, and someone else comes by and just grabs it like nothing! :lol:

I know,it does feel like a handicap.
I hate being short. :)
Then in elementary school you get teased for being short, just like my girlfriend who was tall and when she got to high school she got to be 6ft.
Ah well, we all got our crosses to bear. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Just ran across this gem...from left to right:

Hans Solo, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, and Yoda.

12376700_543999335749563_8813962159398795998_n.jpg

I never knew she was so short! :)

One whole inch shorter than me. :)

Well that makes you an inch taller than me. I'm the same height as Carrie Fisher was, at 5'1". :D

Yes, I was thinking you said you are shorter than me.

Today was the first day of the late winter gun season for deer here in Illinois. You're allowed to hunt with a pistol and seeing as how I have one wing in a sling I took the pistol out. I had two deer tags left that I could use. This morning about 0715 I got a nice young button buck and about 1600 I got a big old doe that weighed probably 150 pounds or so. Biggest deer I ever killed with a pistol was a nice 9 point buck some years ago. I was glad that I was able to get out and hunt a little bit today. Tired of sitting around.
Mrs. BBD must be good at dressing deer out.

The people I know can't afford 2 monitors.
Sorry.
I meant no offense. :(

Don't sweat it Peach. It wouldn't have occurred to me to hook up a second monitor on my computer though I do now have two perfectly good 22" monitors in reserve. I'm going to try to figure up how to hook one of them up to a laptop for my sister to use.

Oh, send one to me to replace my dead 22"! :lol:

Wish I could but I fear the shipping costs would be almost as much as replacing the monitor. But seriously, before you pronounce it dead, try what I suggested.

When I leave my computer for several minutes the screen goes into power reduction and goes dark. It won't wake up to mouse actions or tapping the space bar or any of the normal things you do to wake up a napping computer. But the control-alt-delete brings it right back in the same place I left it--it also brings up that little menu, but you just cancel it and everything is fine.
Setting in Power Settings will take care of the sleep issue, just tell it never to go to sleep.
As for it not waking up, BIOs setting, "Allow to wake up". Which version of Windows are you using again, I forgot.

Win 10.
In the Start Menu search box (bottom left) type in "Power and Sleep Settings", click on it up in the menu. On the Settings screen that pops up look for "Additional Power Settings" and make sure "Balanced (Recommended)" is checked. If it is then it might be going into hibernation mode and not sleep mode. There are some known issues with hibernation mode and some computers, if that's the case go back into Power Settings and see what it's telling you computer to do, if it says Hibernate then switch it to Sleep.

Peach, what was funny about that? Trying to get info to help troubleshoot the problem.

It struck me as funny.
Many people have 2 monitors connected, it's not hard but if he does then we know where to start looking. If it's only one then it may be a BIOs setting that affects it upon "wake up".

I don't need two monitors but most people who use them do so for work related reasons, multi-tasking.

It struck me as funny.

I don't need two monitors but most people who use them do so for work related reasons, multi-tasking.

That's convenient. I can't do that unfortunately. I have to have an entirely separate computer for work than for recreation.

It's a Soviet era weapon and it only cost me a hundred bucks. The first time I took it to the range and fired it I shot off three rounds and heard from 4 stalls over; "what the f*ck was that!" :lol:

The recoil would knock me on butt probably. :)
Being all metal then no it's heavy, 2.09 pounds, the recoil isn't that bad at all.

Someone lied to me then about the recoil of that pistol. :) Oh well!
I'll stick to my 38 special. Fits good in my hands.
Glock people would not like the CZ 52 it has a very narrow profile, some have called it a mouse trap nailed to a 2x4 because of the feel. I hate clocks because they're so bulky to hold, the CZ fit my huge hands perfectly.
My primaries are a CZ 82 and a Polish P 64. The polish P 64 looks like a rough cut Walther PPK and makes a perfect pocket pistol.

My usual carry is a Ruger SR9E with 17 rounds or an SR9C with a 10 round mag, depending on what I'm wearing. I like the wide double stack grip and both guns fit the same holster.

I like the 9's because I can always find practice ammo for under 20 cents a round and quality hollow points can be found on sale often enough for under 50 cents each.
There are at least 3 others that I'd love to have, the 1877 Colt Birdshead revolver, the first double action Colt made.

wm_7699992.jpg

The 1858 Remington Revolving Carbine.
ca120-1858remingtonarmy-revcarb-18horiz_1.jpg

And the venerable old Smith & Wesson 1874 Model 3 (Schofield).

17958234_1.jpg

The Remington is cap and ball the other two are black powder metallic cartridge as is the Sharps.
Combine all those with at least two others I'd love to have (the coach gun and the Yellow Boy) then I better win the lottery or find me a sugar mamma.......... :eusa_whistle:

Put on heels...

I'm 5'3-1/4" which means I won't exactly tower over you and Gracie, but the inability to reach high shelves in the kitchen is a pain. I do keep a little sturdy step up when I don't have anybody to reach for me though.

Put on heels...

I'm 5'3-1/4" which means I won't exactly tower over you and Gracie, but the inability to reach high shelves in the kitchen is a pain. I do keep a little sturdy step up when I don't have anybody to reach for me though.

I have a little folding step stool. :lol: I am constantly pulling that thing out.

Don't sweat it Peach. It wouldn't have occurred to me to hook up a second monitor on my computer though I do now have two perfectly good 22" monitors in reserve. I'm going to try to figure up how to hook one of them up to a laptop for my sister to use.

Oh, send one to me to replace my dead 22"! :lol:

Wish I could but I fear the shipping costs would be almost as much as replacing the monitor. But seriously, before you pronounce it dead, try what I suggested.

When I leave my computer for several minutes the screen goes into power reduction and goes dark. It won't wake up to mouse actions or tapping the space bar or any of the normal things you do to wake up a napping computer. But the control-alt-delete brings it right back in the same place I left it--it also brings up that little menu, but you just cancel it and everything is fine.
Setting in Power Settings will take care of the sleep issue, just tell it never to go to sleep.
As for it not waking up, BIOs setting, "Allow to wake up". Which version of Windows are you using again, I forgot.

Win 10.
In the Start Menu search box (bottom left) type in "Power and Sleep Settings", click on it up in the menu. On the Settings screen that pops up look for "Additional Power Settings" and make sure "Balanced (Recommended)" is checked. If it is then it might be going into hibernation mode and not sleep mode. There are some known issues with hibernation mode and some computers, if that's the case go back into Power Settings and see what it's telling you computer to do, if it says Hibernate then switch it to Sleep.

I have done all that and do have it on the 'balanced' setting but I have hunted throughout all the options and there is no hibernate mode on my computer. The only power setting options are sleep - restart - shut down. I have it set so that the computer NEVER sleeps or shuts down on its own but it must be done manually. When I put it on sleep for overnight, the monitor fires up normally along with the computer the next morning. But if I leave the computer idle for awhile, the monitor goes dark--the computer is still fully active--and won't come on without using the control - alt- delete process, but when I do that it works perfectly. It's really weird but only a very minor annoyance.

The monitor keeps wanting me to update it though. Probably if I did that it might fix the problem. But I'll be mothballing this one probably today when I install my new bigger one.

But thanks for the advice. Going through the process I did find some stuff on the computer I hadn't found before. :)

And good morning everybody. I am happy that AVG-JOE is back with us even if it took a bunch of guns to get him here. :) (Just teasing)

Hombre is off to get a haircut and razor blades for the stove. I'm just catching up a bit on the computer and then need to mop the floors and work on laundry today in advance of house guest arriving tomorrow and maybe something special for family on New Year's Day. Two more days until 2017. Doesn't seem possible.

Put on heels...

Linda Hunt in Silverado;
The world is what you make of it, friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

:thup:

That's what I love about heels. They give me that extra couple/few inches I need to reach something that would otherwise be just out of reach, teasing me. :mad:

Another plus is that they look really sexy. :D

The con is that if you have to wear them for any length of time, they hurt your feet. I'm willing to deal with the discomfort for the above two positive points though. :p

I have done all that and do have it on the 'balanced' setting but I have hunted throughout all the options and there is no hibernate mode on my computer. The only power setting options are sleep - restart - shut down. I have it set so that the computer NEVER sleeps or shuts down on its own but it must be done manually. When I put it on sleep for overnight, the monitor fires up normally along with the computer the next morning. But if I leave the computer idle for awhile, the monitor goes dark--the computer is still fully active--and won't come on without using the control - alt- delete process, but when I do that it works perfectly. It's really weird but only a very minor annoyance.

The monitor keeps wanting me to update it though. Probably if I did that it might fix the problem. But I'll be mothballing this one probably today when I install my new bigger one.

But thanks for the advice. Going through the process I did find some stuff on the computer I hadn't found before. :)

Normally for hibernation mode, the monitor begins to eat copious amounts of electricity brought on by dropping winter temperatures. It then looks for a nice port for security and begins its rest. New Mexico may not afford the cooling necessary to begin a hibernation mode.

We were going to go to our VFW new years party tomorrow night but I have to cancel.
I just got sick uh......... hope it's not stomach flu, I haven't been sick for many years. :frown:
Bummer way to start the new year.

Forum List

Back