USMB Coffee Shop IV

That's what I love about heels. They give me that extra couple/few inches I need to reach something that would otherwise be just out of reach, teasing me. :mad:

Another plus is that they look really sexy. :D

The con is that if you have to wear them for any length of time, they hurt your feet. I'm willing to deal with the discomfort for the above two positive points though. :p

I started wearing those 3 inch plastic heels when I was 8 years old ,in order to get some height advantage.:)
They have been banned nowdays.

That's what I love about heels. They give me that extra couple/few inches I need to reach something that would otherwise be just out of reach, teasing me. :mad:

The con is that if you have to wear them for any length of time, they hurt your feet. I'm willing to deal with the discomfort for the above two positive points though. :p

When you get to be my age though, comfort trumps sexy every day of the week. Don't get me wrong. I still like to look good. But sexy isn't the goal any more. At your age? Yeah. :)

We were going to go to our VFW new years party tomorrow night but I have to cancel.
I just got sick uh......... hope it's not stomach flu, I haven't been sick for many years. :frown:
Bummer way to start the new year.

There is something definitely going around. Our 42 partners had to cancel yesterday because the guy was dealing with it. I haven't had it yet but if its anywhere in the four-state area or Texas I'll get it. I seem to have a very good immune system against everything but that.

Anyway, maybe as Chris suggested, it will blow over by tomorrow and you'll feel like going.

When you get to be my age though, comfort trumps sexy every day of the week. Don't get me wrong. I still like to look good. But sexy isn't the goal any more. At your age? Yeah. :)
Yeah, I haven't worn male hot pants and skin tight t-shirts in decades........ :eusa_whistle:

I started wearing those 3 inch plastic heels when I was 8 years old ,in order to get some height advantage.:)
They have been banned nowdays.
platform-shoes-for-women-3.jpg

For exercising......

$_3.JPG

And if you want to go Goth........

img-thing

Boo seems to be getting worse, did some research because I'm wondering how dental abscesses can affect the rest of his body to the degree he's experiencing. Afraid he's either going septic or has FIP which is fatal. When we were in on Tuesday the vet took a quick look at his teeth and proclaimed abscesses, no lab work and she was only with us for a few minutes. He received an antibiotic injection that's supposed to be good for 3 months and a pain shot that was supposed to last 3 days, it wore off last night.
Waiting for the vet to call us back. I'm pissed at the apparent lack of care and what might be a misdiagnosis. He's scheduled for the dental surgery Monday but if he has other serious underlying problems is the surgery even worth it?

I have my 4" stilettos, makes me 5' 6".
Things don't look quite as large from that height. :)
First wife is 4'11 3/4" tall I used to come home from work and pick her up and say hello....

Don't want no short people
Don't want no short people 'round me. :D

Life is much easier at 5' 6" :)

Being short is almost like a handicap sometimes. Lol. Especially when you're trying to reach something on a high shelf, and someone else comes by and just grabs it like nothing! :lol:

I'm 5'3-1/4" which means I won't exactly tower over you and Gracie, but the inability to reach high shelves in the kitchen is a pain. I do keep a little sturdy step up when I don't have anybody to reach for me though.

I have a little folding step stool. :lol: I am constantly pulling that thing out.
I had one of those gripper thingies..the long handle with clamp ends. I had a stool too. But it was not for me. I can reach stuff since I am 5'8"...or rather, 7 & 1/2 now that I am older and losing height. I also lost another couple of pounds. Immagonna look really weird in a few months, I think. Skinnier and shorter.

Boo seems to be getting worse, did some research because I'm wondering how dental abscesses can affect the rest of his body to the degree he's experiencing. Afraid he's either going septic or has FIP which is fatal. When we were in on Tuesday the vet took a quick look at his teeth and proclaimed abscesses, no lab work and she was only with us for a few minutes. He received an antibiotic injection that's supposed to be good for 3 months and a pain shot that was supposed to last 3 days, it wore off last night.
Waiting for the vet to call us back. I'm pissed at the apparent lack of care and what might be a misdiagnosis. He's scheduled for the dental surgery Monday but if he has other serious underlying problems is the surgery even worth it?
They did that with Pretties. They said she was starving herself because her teeth were bad. So they did the cleaning and surgery, and Pretties still refused to eat even after it was all healed.
So in answer the the newest twitter ramblings...YES...one can die of a broken heart. Pretties did when Gracie died. And it damn sure wans't her teeth.

We were going to go to our VFW new years party tomorrow night but I have to cancel.
I just got sick uh......... hope it's not stomach flu, I haven't been sick for many years. :frown:
I have been sick the past 2 weeks. Don't know what it is, but it isn't going away.
Hope you get better soon, Peach.

First wife is 4'11 3/4" tall I used to come home from work and pick her up and say hello....

Don't want no short people 'round me. :D

Life is much easier at 5' 6" :)

Being short is almost like a handicap sometimes. Lol. Especially when you're trying to reach something on a high shelf, and someone else comes by and just grabs it like nothing! :lol:

I'm 5'3-1/4" which means I won't exactly tower over you and Gracie, but the inability to reach high shelves in the kitchen is a pain. I do keep a little sturdy step up when I don't have anybody to reach for me though.

I have a little folding step stool. :lol: I am constantly pulling that thing out.
I had one of those gripper thingies..the long handle with clamp ends. I had a stool too. But it was not for me. I can reach stuff since I am 5'8"...or rather, 7 & 1/2 now that I am older and losing height. I also lost another couple of pounds. Immagonna look really weird in a few months, I think. Skinnier and shorter.

You are at the age I think in which we humans do start losing a bit of height--especially the women. I may have shrunk more than some because of a fractured vertebra in my back that still gives me fits from time to time but is not a serious handicap. The average loss of height in the elderly I think is something around 2-1/2 to 3 inches.

They did that with Pretties. They said she was starving herself because her teeth were bad. So they did the cleaning and surgery, and Pretties still refused to eat even after it was all healed.
So in answer the the newest twitter ramblings...YES...one can die of a broken heart. Pretties did when Gracie died. And it damn sure wans't her teeth.
I don't know about where you're at but many states now make Vets liable for malpractice liability.

I have been sick the past 2 weeks. Don't know what it is, but it isn't going away.
Quite possibly stress due to your present situation, it's not uncommon.

So sorry Ringel. I so understand the dilemma when you love these fur babies so much but also don't want to throw good money that you really need away in a futile effort to prolong their life that they wouldn't want prolonged. We have been in that situation many times.

The hardest one was the decision to put down our last little dog who was obviously in distress. Probably with X-rays and surgery and serious treatment, we could have had him for a bit longer, but he was also coming close to the usual life span for his breed and he was diabetic and blind from cataracts and we just couldn't justify putting him through all that just so we could have him a little longer. Hardest decision anybody ever has to make though.

Time to see the doctor before you're out of the area maybe? That's too long to be sick.

I don't know about where you're at but many states now make Vets liable for malpractice liability.

Geez, won't that drive vet costs into the stratosphere where people medicine already is? Most people can't afford vet bills as it is these days. And the vet insurance is soooo expensive.

A systemic infection resulting from dental abscesses could indeed be fatal. I hope the antibiotics help against the infection.

I'm absolutely sure that Sugarfoot chose to die when Uschi passed on. Uschi was 17-18 yrs old, and Sugar was 22, but going strong, no signs of kidney failure, noting of the sort. But the day we buried Uschi, Sugar quit eating and she died a week later. I believe she just wanted to follow her long-time buddy. Damn! Now I'm crying again!

I hope both of you get better soon!

Forum List

Back