USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm just back in "down" mode again. Ignore whatever I utter until I am back "up" again. Tolja I think I may be bipolar. Up, down, up, down. Or it's just a bad case of some sort of other depression caused by the current situation.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I'm just back in "down" mode again. Ignore whatever I utter until I am back "up" again. Tolja I think I may be bipolar. Up, down, up, down. Or it's just a bad case of some sort of other depression caused by the current situation.

Anyone who would not feel "down" in your current position would be insane. I doubt you're insane, but your situation is about as sucky as I can imagine.
Right now, there is some guy sleeping in his car in the driveway at my partner's "town house". It makes me nervous, the guy plugs into our electricity to heat his car but my partner is comfortable with the situation because he thinks having this guy living in the driveway will deter less desirable types.

Well your current stressful situation plus being sick isn't exactly a prescription for being up.

We left to take him back to the vet at 3:30, just got home.......... We explained our problem, our complete dissatisfaction with the last visit and they bent over backwards. Yes it was busy so we had to wait a while being a walk in but the vet (a different one) gave him a though exam, agreed that the problem was much more extensive and much more serious. They did labs and he has multiple infections and some undetermined neurological issues. To make a long story short he does have FeLV but he doesn't just have it it may have become full blown blood cancer so we're trying a regime of strong antibiotics and pain meds, if he doesn't respond to the treatment by Monday we'll most likely put him down so he's not suffering any longer.

We left to take him back to the vet at 3:30, just got home.......... We explained our problem, our complete dissatisfaction with the last visit and they bent over backwards. Yes it was busy so we had to wait a while being a walk in but the vet (a different one) gave him a though exam, agreed that the problem was much more extensive and much more serious. They did labs and he has multiple infections and some undetermined neurological issues. To make a long story short he does have FeLV but he doesn't just have it it may have become full blown blood cancer so we're trying a regime of strong antibiotics and pain meds, if he doesn't respond to the treatment by Monday we'll most likely put him down so he's not suffering any longer.

So sorry for what you are going through.

Adding Sheila to the list.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Hombre for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo,
Big Black Dog for healing,
AgainSheila for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

winter_nature_stream_fantasy_abstract_hd-wallpaper-1570775.jpg

And to you too Dajjal. I'm scurrying a bit this morning to get chores completed before our house guest arrives early afternoon. Plus I need to set up a computer for her to play games on while she's here.

It really is a different society these days isn't it.

Well, crap. I opened up my broken monitor to see if I could find any obvious problems. A couple of the capacitors have popped up, which is apparently the indication they are bad, kind of like a blown fuse, from what I've seen. I was considering whether or not to buy replacement capacitors and a soldering iron to attach them (or just buy a new power board). It was a bit dusty inside the monitor, so I got the vacuum to clean out some of the dust and decided to put the monitor back together and plug it back in. I've found that sometimes clearing out dust can fix electronic problems. Well, the monitor doesn't just blink the power button any more! Unfortunately, though, now it just shows a white screen. :p I can't see a menu, trying a hard reset did no good.

I'm going to open it back up and check all the connections in the hope I just failed to properly reconnect a wire. Maybe I'll end up with a working monitor again, or maybe I'll get frustrated and throw it away. :lol:

In better news, it looks like I should be getting plenty of grant money to pay for this semester of school, including my books. I might have enough to pay for my online proctored tests, as well. :)

It turns out I had missed reconnecting something in the monitor. Once I got it hooked up correctly, the monitor went back to doing the same thing, no screen and blinking power button.

I can buy a replacement power board for $24, I am thinking about doing that. It will suck if it doesn't fix the problem (if, say, the issue is with the other board, I think it's the driver board, instead), but if I only waste $24 I won't feel too badly about it.

It's possible I should just throw the damn thing away instead of putting more effort as well as money into it, but it seems like it's so close to working. If only I hadn't forgotten and turned it off. :p

He doesn't seem to have improved overnight, gave him his meds which he strenuously fought, ended up crushing the meds and dissolving them in water and feeding him via a syringe. He's still not eating or drinking, not looking good.

I'm either sick, or I'm having a heck of a lot of hot flashes today.....

Lots of nasty stuff going around. I am hearing about enough gals and guys getting nasty UTIs--Hombre being one of them--to believe the possibility that these are not coincidental. Stomach bugs, colds, and regular flu of course are usually highly contagious and spread like wildfire.

But hmmm. Hot flashes instead of being sick, or being sick with something you'll get over quickly. . .tough call. :)

Seriously, I do hope you feel better soon regardless.

It turns out I had missed reconnecting something in the monitor. Once I got it hooked up correctly, the monitor went back to doing the same thing, no screen and blinking power button.

I can buy a replacement power board for $24, I am thinking about doing that. It will suck if it doesn't fix the problem (if, say, the issue is with the other board, I think it's the driver board, instead), but if I only waste $24 I won't feel too badly about it.

It's possible I should just throw the damn thing away instead of putting more effort as well as money into it, but it seems like it's so close to working. If only I hadn't forgotten and turned it off. :p

Have you tried the control, alt, delete thing? I've done every reset I can think of but that is the only thing that works for mine when the screen goes dark but the computer is on and the power button is blinking.

He doesn't seem to have improved overnight, gave him his meds which he strenuously fought, ended up crushing the meds and dissolving them in water and feeding him via a syringe. He's still not eating or drinking, not looking good.

Just wish I could help more than just care. :(

Forum List

Back