USMB Coffee Shop IV

He doesn't seem to have improved overnight, gave him his meds which he strenuously fought, ended up crushing the meds and dissolving them in water and feeding him via a syringe. He's still not eating or drinking, not looking good.
I always feared that the stress of treating an ailing animal was worse than the treatment. Also, once they quit eating or drinking, things are pretty far advanced. Good luck, R. It's so very, very tough to see a furkid go this way. Many of us can vouch for that, I'm sure.

It's the same with humans. When they quit eating and drinking you just wait it out because that's almost always the signal they're ready to go.

He doesn't seem to have improved overnight, gave him his meds which he strenuously fought, ended up crushing the meds and dissolving them in water and feeding him via a syringe. He's still not eating or drinking, not looking good.
I always feared that the stress of treating an ailing animal was worse than the treatment. Also, once they quit eating or drinking, things are pretty far advanced. Good luck, R. It's so very, very tough to see a furkid go this way. Many of us can vouch for that, I'm sure.

It's the same with humans. When they quit eating and drinking you just wait it out because that's almost always the signal they're ready to go.
I've been through this so often this past year...four wonderful cats and one, little, precious dog. I'm planning a white picket fence around a special place just for my fur-fam. When I go, I will wish my ashes spread over their special place.

Little early still everyone.
happy-new-yer-2017-gif-images-free-download.gif

Pic of the S & W .41 mag. In terms of power about a half notch under a 44 mag and about twice as powerful as a .357 mag.

Like I said...it's a cannon. :D Definitely not a plinker but fun to shoot.

13668989_1.jpg
I sold my .44 mag. Hurts to much to shoot it since I got a steel plate in my right forearm. I just now put 6 through the Colt 1873 out on the deck. 3 of us unloaded. 13 rounds from one friends 9 mm, 9 from another friends 1911and 6 from the cowboy gun. 28 rounds in about 6 seconds.

Happy New Year to all. Gotta get back to Doc's. I took a break after the game. Alabama won the semi finals 24 -7 over Washington State.
It looks like we will face Clemson. They are beating up on Ohio State 24 zip.

So what happened to the vigil list last night? I know I posted it--prefaced it that I was adding Sheila to it. And it's not there???????

I saw it. Thanks but it seems like it was just hot flashes.....I seem to be fine today.

That's good. Even after menopause hot flashes are a sometimes things we deal with. I am happy the vigil list did reappear though as this morning I swear it just wasn't there.

Gremlins!!

I turned 60 last week, when do the hot flashes end?

So what happened to the vigil list last night? I know I posted it--prefaced it that I was adding Sheila to it. And it's not there???????

I saw it. Thanks but it seems like it was just hot flashes.....I seem to be fine today.

That's good. Even after menopause hot flashes are a sometimes things we deal with. I am happy the vigil list did reappear though as this morning I swear it just wasn't there.

Gremlins!!

I missed that, so :
hqdefault.jpg

Gremlins!!

Well maybe never but they should be significantly slowing down by now. But as they say, 60 is the new 40 so who knows?

But dang Againsheila , I had Hossfly and Kat for December birthdays but didn't have yours. The new USMB software doesn't have any way to track birthdays like the old software did.

Which day was it? and a belated

sheila.jpg

Big Sis, Hombre and I just rang in the New Year with the New York crowd and we're all turning in shortly. It is truly with a full heart that I wish for us all for the happiness that we have to continue, those needing resolution to find it, those grieving to find comfort, those needing healing and wellness to have it, and that 2017 will be one of those years that we remember with love, fond memories, and joy.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Hombre for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo,
Big Black Dog for healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

happy-new-year-pictures.jpg

I'm either sick, or I'm having a heck of a lot of hot flashes today.....
Sheila! How are you and Mr. Sheila? Did the kitchen finally get finished?

The kitchen is beautiful, the fireplace isn't working yet and we need the final inspections and we'll be done. When are you going to come see?

Did it all get done by Christmas?

Nope, but enough got done that I was able to cook Christmas dinner.

Gremlins!!

Well maybe never but they should be significantly slowing down by now. But as they say, 60 is the new 40 so who knows?

But dang Againsheila , I had Hossfly and Kat for December birthdays but didn't have yours. The new USMB software doesn't have any way to track birthdays like the old software did.

Which day was it? and a belated

sheila.jpg

Christmas eve, and thank you.

Happy New Year! I'm in Pimplebutt for the evening. It's considered 'amature night' as those who do not drink give it the old college try and get liquored up real quick. Then it's time to go home and...

So Daisy the Mutt and I are snuggled up to wish all of you a very happy, prosperous, safe and healthy 2017!

New Year's.....another annoying holiday for those of us who don't drink. :lol:

Life is much easier at 5' 6" :)

Being short is almost like a handicap sometimes. Lol. Especially when you're trying to reach something on a high shelf, and someone else comes by and just grabs it like nothing! :lol:

I'm 5'3-1/4" which means I won't exactly tower over you and Gracie, but the inability to reach high shelves in the kitchen is a pain. I do keep a little sturdy step up when I don't have anybody to reach for me though.

I have a little folding step stool. :lol: I am constantly pulling that thing out.
I had one of those gripper thingies..the long handle with clamp ends. I had a stool too. But it was not for me. I can reach stuff since I am 5'8"...or rather, 7 & 1/2 now that I am older and losing height. I also lost another couple of pounds. Immagonna look really weird in a few months, I think. Skinnier and shorter.

You are at the age I think in which we humans do start losing a bit of height--especially the women. I may have shrunk more than some because of a fractured vertebra in my back that still gives me fits from time to time but is not a serious handicap. The average loss of height in the elderly I think is something around 2-1/2 to 3 inches.
I've lost nearly an inch and a half due to degenerative disk disease. It's not painful, except for one lumbar disk that slides out of place from time to time, but I can expect problems in 10 years or so.

My first house had 10 foot ceilings and the cabinets used most of that space, putting the top shelf almost 7 feet off the floor. when the wife wanted me to reach something from the top 2 shelves, she referred you me as "Your Highness".

Forum List

Back