USMB Coffee Shop IV

So what happened to the vigil list last night? I know I posted it--prefaced it that I was adding Sheila to it. And it's not there???????

Thanks everybody for your well wishes.
I still feel weak and wiped out today, so we are staying home tonight. I've been sleeping off and on all day.
I'll be lucky if I can stay awake till 10:00 tonight to see the ball drop. :)

Hubby went to town yesterday and got me some peto -bismol and some chicken noodle soup from our favorite resturant.
At the resturant people told Hubby that many are getting this 24 hour stomach virus
Nobody can catch it or give it to anybody else.
This virus they say is in the dust and air and it's happening here in AZ. ,New Mexico and Texas.

One good think is I received a call from the gun store, they have a buyer for the PPS 43c and the CZ 52. Originally i had the CZ listed at $150 till I did some research and discovered they were going for $300 to $400 depending on condition, I bumped the price up to $350. The PPS has 6 magazines, two original belt pouches and an original sling, it's selling for $425 plus another $40 for the PPS parts kit I also have.

One good think is I received a call from the gun store, they have a buyer for the PPS 43c and the CZ 52. Originally i had the CZ listed at $150 till I did some research and discovered they were going for $300 to $400 depending on condition, I bumped the price up to $350. The PPS has 6 magazines, two original belt pouches and an original sling, it's selling for $425 plus another $40 for the PPS parts kit I also have.

Nice ! :)

He doesn't seem to have improved overnight, gave him his meds which he strenuously fought, ended up crushing the meds and dissolving them in water and feeding him via a syringe. He's still not eating or drinking, not looking good.
:(

I have been having night sweats for weeks. It is cold outside at night. Very cold. But I wake up wet from all the sweat, then cool off only to start freezing again.

Sheila, have your thyroid checked. My gyno said that is a major source of night sweats if it is off kelter.

It turns out I had missed reconnecting something in the monitor. Once I got it hooked up correctly, the monitor went back to doing the same thing, no screen and blinking power button.

I can buy a replacement power board for $24, I am thinking about doing that. It will suck if it doesn't fix the problem (if, say, the issue is with the other board, I think it's the driver board, instead), but if I only waste $24 I won't feel too badly about it.

It's possible I should just throw the damn thing away instead of putting more effort as well as money into it, but it seems like it's so close to working. If only I hadn't forgotten and turned it off. :p

Have you tried the control, alt, delete thing? I've done every reset I can think of but that is the only thing that works for mine when the screen goes dark but the computer is on and the power button is blinking.

Yeah, it's almost certainly a physical problem with the monitor, nothing to do with the connection to the PC. Even when the PC is not connected, the monitor should show a "No connection found" screen. I get no display at all. Hopefully a new power board fixes it.

It turns out I had missed reconnecting something in the monitor. Once I got it hooked up correctly, the monitor went back to doing the same thing, no screen and blinking power button.

I can buy a replacement power board for $24, I am thinking about doing that. It will suck if it doesn't fix the problem (if, say, the issue is with the other board, I think it's the driver board, instead), but if I only waste $24 I won't feel too badly about it.

It's possible I should just throw the damn thing away instead of putting more effort as well as money into it, but it seems like it's so close to working. If only I hadn't forgotten and turned it off. :p

Have you tried the control, alt, delete thing? I've done every reset I can think of but that is the only thing that works for mine when the screen goes dark but the computer is on and the power button is blinking.

Yeah, it's almost certainly a physical problem with the monitor, nothing to do with the connection to the PC. Even when the PC is not connected, the monitor should show a "No connection found" screen. I get no display at all. Hopefully a new power board fixes it.
Why not do a Mythbusters with it, blow it up or shoot it.......

Well, I just got my new 27" monitor hooked up and so far so good. It sure scrambled all my icons but I think I have everything back in place and hopefully they'll stay put. Still waiting to see if this one goes dark like the Dell did.

Because he would have to clean up the mess?

Because he would have to clean up the mess?
That's what interns are for........ :D

Well, I just got my new 27" monitor hooked up and so far so good. It sure scrambled all my icons but I think I have everything back in place and hopefully they'll stay put. Still waiting to see if this one goes dark like the Dell did.

I've been happy with mine so far.

I went ahead and bought a new power board for my other monitor. Fingers crossed it does the job. At least it wasn't too much money. :)

I have been having night sweats for weeks. It is cold outside at night. Very cold. But I wake up wet from all the sweat, then cool off only to start freezing again.

Sheila, have your thyroid checked. My gyno said that is a major source of night sweats if it is off kelter.

I have an appointment with the doctor next week, I guess I can add it to my list of questions. I think it was just hot flashes, I seem to be fine today.

He doesn't seem to have improved overnight, gave him his meds which he strenuously fought, ended up crushing the meds and dissolving them in water and feeding him via a syringe. He's still not eating or drinking, not looking good.
I always feared that the stress of treating an ailing animal was worse than the treatment. Also, once they quit eating or drinking, things are pretty far advanced. Good luck, R. It's so very, very tough to see a furkid go this way. Many of us can vouch for that, I'm sure.

So what happened to the vigil list last night? I know I posted it--prefaced it that I was adding Sheila to it. And it's not there???????

I saw it. Thanks but it seems like it was just hot flashes.....I seem to be fine today.

That's good. Even after menopause hot flashes are a sometimes things we deal with. I am happy the vigil list did reappear though as this morning I swear it just wasn't there.

Gremlins!!

Forum List

Back