USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy New Year! I'm in Pimplebutt for the evening. It's considered 'amature night' as those who do not drink give it the old college try and get liquored up real quick. Then it's time to go home and...

So Daisy the Mutt and I are snuggled up to wish all of you a very happy, prosperous, safe and healthy 2017!

New Year's.....another annoying holiday for those of us who don't drink. :lol:
Annoying? Nope! I haven't had a drink in 28 years and rather than annoying, I find New Year's Eve... profitable. I poured 96 glasses of champagne for the midnight toast. Our wine/craft beer distributor gave us a great price on $30/bottle bubbly. Killed 11 of the dozen I had iced.

I met someone today. Ex marine, in his middle fifties, has no pets but misses them, has a room available sometime in Feb. Also is an antique dealer, has a mall space he makes extra money on, needs help in fixing up his mom's home since he wants to sell it in 2 years...no deposit but wants verifiable references and us to stay at least 6 months to a year but if senior housing call prior..it's OK for us to leave sooner if we wish.

Funny and weird thing is...he asked his mom (she passed on Dec 7th) to send him someone that will help him, will pay on time, is nice and friendly...and then he found my ad. I told him to tell mom "thanks" for leading him to us...cause he said he never looks on CL in the room wanted section. Never thought about it, he said. He has been taking care of her for a few years and at 90, her body finally gave up. Then he prayed to her a couple of nights ago and like a whisper idea that just popped into his head out of nowhere...he went to CL. And there we were (his words).

I think this MAY be the place. Keep yer fingers crossed! We want to move in sometime.e in Feb...and he wanted someone sometime in Feb. Perfect timing and so much in common!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Happy New Year! I'm in Pimplebutt for the evening. It's considered 'amature night' as those who do not drink give it the old college try and get liquored up real quick. Then it's time to go home and...

So Daisy the Mutt and I are snuggled up to wish all of you a very happy, prosperous, safe and healthy 2017!
I was everyone's designated driver tonight. I took my last drunk home at 1:30 and headed home after that. Been having stomach cramps all day and frankly, I'm tired.I feel pretty good other than the cramps so I have no idea what's wrong with my innards.

I was everyone's designated driver tonight. I took my last drunk home at 1:30 and headed home after that. Been having stomach cramps all day and frankly, I'm tired.I feel pretty good other than the cramps so I have no idea what's wrong with my innards.

I just got over a 24 hr. stomach virus, maybe thats whats going on with you too. :)

Hubby does the same, as designated driver at our VFW at our parties because he doesn't drink either. :)

I met someone today. Ex marine, in his middle fifties, has no pets but misses them, has a room available sometime in Feb. Also is an antique dealer, has a mall space he makes extra money on, needs help in fixing up his mom's home since he wants to sell it in 2 years...no deposit but wants verifiable references and us to stay at least 6 months to a year but if senior housing call prior..it's OK for us to leave sooner if we wish.

Funny and weird thing is...he asked his mom (she passed on Dec 7th) to send him someone that will help him, will pay on time, is nice and friendly...and then he found my ad. I told him to tell mom "thanks" for leading him to us...cause he said he never looks on CL in the room wanted section. Never thought about it, he said. He has been taking care of her for a few years and at 90, her body finally gave up. Then he prayed to her a couple of nights ago and like a whisper idea that just popped into his head out of nowhere...he went to CL. And there we were (his words).

I think this MAY be the place. Keep yer fingers crossed! We want to move in sometime.e in Feb...and he wanted someone sometime in Feb. Perfect timing and so much in common!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

He went to Craig's list? I don't think your name or Mr. Gracie is Craig. Better clear that up right away. We want him to know you're honest. ;)

When the business I work for was sold midsummer, I was given a pay plan that is to be reviewed this month. I am concerned that they will change it in a way that means I need to leave. With that in mind part of today will be writing an analysis of how my prior plan and the current plan have worked out. The new owners have fallen far short of promises made when they made my pay plan. Hopefully we can reassign some tasks back to me, so meaningful grow can occur. Should be interesting finding the right words to tell them, hey you really do not know what you are doing, let me save your butt.

Happy New Year! Off to church to hear what Father Naill has to say about 2017. So far it's been nothing short of grand. Hope everybody has a terrific year.

New Year's.....another annoying holiday for those of us who don't drink. :lol:

We don't drink either but it isn't annoying. It's just another holiday to enjoy good food with friends and family. Our luncheon guests arrive at noon. :)

Good morning all. We got some more nice rain yesterday and could again today, but it won't spoil our New Year's Day. Have a big pot of stew underway for local family and friends for lunch today--maybe watch a football game (ugh) and just kick back and enjoy. At least it's above freezing so no ice or snow--more snow on the mountain though and that is a good thing.

I'm either sick, or I'm having a heck of a lot of hot flashes today.....

Lots of nasty stuff going around. I am hearing about enough gals and guys getting nasty UTIs--Hombre being one of them--to believe the possibility that these are not coincidental. Stomach bugs, colds, and regular flu of course are usually highly contagious and spread like wildfire.

But hmmm. Hot flashes instead of being sick, or being sick with something you'll get over quickly. . .tough call. :)

Seriously, I do hope you feel better soon regardless.

I declined to get the flu jab this year on the basis that I don't come into contact with many people, so the risk is low. But my sister came down to buy me lunch, and she has just had the flu and is still recovering. So I might have been exposed to it after all, and I have to wait a couple of days to find out if I have caught it.

There is nothing much on TV so I have started watching the sixth season of ' game of thrones'

Last edited:
I'm either sick, or I'm having a heck of a lot of hot flashes today.....

Lots of nasty stuff going around. I am hearing about enough gals and guys getting nasty UTIs--Hombre being one of them--to believe the possibility that these are not coincidental. Stomach bugs, colds, and regular flu of course are usually highly contagious and spread like wildfire.

But hmmm. Hot flashes instead of being sick, or being sick with something you'll get over quickly. . .tough call. :)

Seriously, I do hope you feel better soon regardless.

I declined to get the flu jab this year on the basis that I don't come into contact with many people, so the risk is low. But my sister came down to buy me lunch, and she has just had the flu and is still recovering. So I might have been exposed to it after all, and I have to wait a couple of days to find out if I have caught it.

There is nothing much on TV so I have started watching the sixth season of ' game of thrones'

Chances are she was no longer contagious if she felt like buying you lunch so you are probably okay. Now if the folks at the restaurant, in the kitchen, etc. were just coming down with it. . .

I don't know. I didn't get a flu shot for decades and never got the flu. But now my new doctor gives me the choice between a colonoscopy or a flu shot so. . . .

As she puts it, she picks her battles. :)

Unfortunately Boo's not responding well, not eating, not drinking hiding and still has a fever. He lays in a place for a while trying to get comfortable then moving to another place to try and hide/get comfortable.
Both the wife and I think it obvious that he's not going to make it so tomorrow instead of labs we're going to euthanize him to end his suffering. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

Unfortunately Boo's not responding well, not eating, not drinking hiding and still has a fever. He lays in a place for a while trying to get comfortable then moving to another place to try and hide/get comfortable.
Both the wife and I think it obvious that he's not going to make it so tomorrow instead of labs we're going to euthanize him to end his suffering. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that, I know how it hurts. It took me months to get over my birdy dying, but now its been five years she is just a fond memory.

So sorry Ringel
I know that hard ride to the vet myself.
Like many of us here has had to do.
Think of all the good times and the better life ahead in beautuful cat heaven. :smiliehug:

So sorry Ringel
I know that hard ride to the vet myself.
Like many of us here has had to do.
Think of all the good times and the better life ahead in beautuful cat heaven. :smiliehug:
We've already lost three since we've been together, Mugsy when she was twelve from thyroid cancer, Baby at nineteen from congestive heart failure and Little Boy when he was 20 from simple old age. Mugsy and Little Boy passed at home naturally, Baby was so bad she was developing "bed" sores on her legs because she could no longer move, her we euthanized.
I was working nights when we had Baby, she would sleep on me when I was asleep, the wife said when I rolled over she would stand up, walk me like she was on a log roll then settle back down and go back to sleep. Mugsy was the wife's cat and Little Boy was all mine. He's the one when as a kitten (first Christmas) he drug the 3 foot high table Christmas tree from the living room to the bathtub playing with the tinsel and balls, a couple of days later I ended up pulling a length of tinsel out of his butt........ He danced while I was doing that...... :lol:

Thunderstorm just blew through, still have some serious winds though, according to the weather this morning it was only supposed to be mostly cloudy with occasional showers........

Happy 2017 New Year everyone! :)

I chose this Blingee because it seems to have a little of everything.

867638442_1752604.gif

Forum List

Back