USMB Coffee Shop IV

Possibly some good news. Woke up this morning and Boo was sleeping on the bed with us, got up and wanted to be fed. He only ate a couple of bites then went outside and slept for a couple of hours on the chair before coming back in and eating some dry food. His eyes look clear again and he doesn't mind being petted. The way he looked when I went to bed it's very surprising as I fully expected to find him dead this morning.
We've decided to continue he medications, take a wait and see position and if he relapses then make a decision. I've been praying daily the he either is healed or taken quickly with no suffering.........

Our prayers are being added with yours Ringel.

Possibly some good news. Woke up this morning and Boo was sleeping on the bed with us, got up and wanted to be fed. He only ate a couple of bites then went outside and slept for a couple of hours on the chair before coming back in and eating some dry food. His eyes look clear again and he doesn't mind being petted. The way he looked when I went to bed it's very surprising as I fully expected to find him dead this morning.
We've decided to continue he medications, take a wait and see position and if he relapses then make a decision. I've been praying daily the he either is healed or taken quickly with no suffering.........

They thought he was a goner, but the cat came back.

That's yet to be seen, he's still far from being healed.

Love reading Boo is trying to make a comeback. Maybe the meds just took their sweet ass time? Heres hoping he gets even better!

Meanwhile....still sick. I can't figure it out. Loose bowels even when I eat NOTHING. Yesterday, I had 1 piece of toast, plain, 1 cup of coffee and over the next hours of the day yesterday and last night, nothing but decaf tea. And this morning? Diarrhea again. I don't get it. Oh, and my hair is falling out. Its long enough now for a comb over because it is no place but near my forehead. My bangs are barely enough to cover what is receding. Hair grows back, but it is brittle and very thin and like baby hair...then falls back out again.
I feel nauseous often and my brain won't shut up. I hope I can pull myself together for the move in Feb to the new room we scored.

Foxfyre, it is in northern calif. Not close to where I am, which means I will lose my Cen Cal again..which pays for my meds. I will have to get on another program, so will be in limbo yet again for medical care once we change addresses again but at least I will be on Medi-Cal. If I can stay alive long enough until this coming October, I can get on Medicare when I hit 65.

I think my misery of living the way I am is now affecting my health. That tends to happen with homeless people, or so I hear. Its hard to look, feel, act normal when just going to the bathroom is next to impossible for privacy, finding food for a delicate system, washing oneself to keep clean.

This is what I am dealing with and have been dealing with for 3 months...4 if you count the MAJOR mistake of moving to Los Angeles to be with my ....cough...."friend" that said she would make sure we were comfortable. Yeah, like when she bailed on me 2 days after my mastectomy? Kinda like that? MrG warned me it was a mistake..but I am a trusting soul, and I should have listened to him.

Anyway, that is neither here nor there. I am in deep doo doo and have been for some time....and now physically, mentally and spiritually and its taking its toll on me faster than I can keep it at bay. I can feel that room and want it badly...but I am paranoid SOMETHING will happen to stop us from getting it, because that is how things have been going. Not sure how much more I can take of the disappointments. Just keep yer fingers crossed that 2017 turns out better and I'm alive to see it.

I'm either sick, or I'm having a heck of a lot of hot flashes today.....
Sheila! How are you and Mr. Sheila? Did the kitchen finally get finished?

The kitchen is beautiful, the fireplace isn't working yet and we need the final inspections and we'll be done. When are you going to come see?
I'm planning on going to Japan this coming summer, maybe I'll try to schedule a layover in Seattle. Will that be close enough?

Love reading Boo is trying to make a comeback. Maybe the meds just took their sweet ass time? Heres hoping he gets even better!

Meanwhile....still sick. I can't figure it out. Loose bowels even when I eat NOTHING. Yesterday, I had 1 piece of toast, plain, 1 cup of coffee and over the next hours of the day yesterday and last night, nothing but decaf tea. And this morning? Diarrhea again. I don't get it. Oh, and my hair is falling out. Its long enough now for a comb over because it is no place but near my forehead. My bangs are barely enough to cover what is receding. Hair grows back, but it is brittle and very thin and like baby hair...then falls back out again.
I feel nauseous often and my brain won't shut up. I hope I can pull myself together for the move in Feb to the new room we scored.

Foxfyre, it is in northern calif. Not close to where I am, which means I will lose my Cen Cal again..which pays for my meds. I will have to get on another program, so will be in limbo yet again for medical care once we change addresses again but at least I will be on Medi-Cal. If I can stay alive long enough until this coming October, I can get on Medicare when I hit 65.

I think my misery of living the way I am is now affecting my health. That tends to happen with homeless people, or so I hear. Its hard to look, feel, act normal when just going to the bathroom is next to impossible for privacy, finding food for a delicate system, washing oneself to keep clean.

This is what I am dealing with and have been dealing with for 3 months...4 if you count the MAJOR mistake of moving to Los Angeles to be with my ....cough...."friend" that said she would make sure we were comfortable. Yeah, like when she bailed on me 2 days after my mastectomy? Kinda like that? MrG warned me it was a mistake..but I am a trusting soul, and I should have listened to him.

Anyway, that is neither here nor there. I am in deep doo doo and have been for some time....and now physically, mentally and spiritually and its taking its toll on me faster than I can keep it at bay. I can feel that room and want it badly...but I am paranoid SOMETHING will happen to stop us from getting it, because that is how things have been going. Not sure how much more I can take of the disappointments. Just keep yer fingers crossed that 2017 turns out better and I'm alive to see it.
Damned, Gracie! That sucks...SUCKS! I'd venture to say that the incredible stress you live with now plays a HUGE part in your physical, as well as psychological and spiritual, decline. Hang in there, old girl, there's got to be something, somewhere.
Luvs ya, Gracie.
Lee

Happy New Year! I'm in Pimplebutt for the evening. It's considered 'amature night' as those who do not drink give it the old college try and get liquored up real quick. Then it's time to go home and...

So Daisy the Mutt and I are snuggled up to wish all of you a very happy, prosperous, safe and healthy 2017!

New Year's.....another annoying holiday for those of us who don't drink. :lol:
Don't view it as annoying, view it as cheap entertainment because you will always know what the others did and can use some of that info in the future.

I met someone today. Ex marine, in his middle fifties, has no pets but misses them, has a room available sometime in Feb. Also is an antique dealer, has a mall space he makes extra money on, needs help in fixing up his mom's home since he wants to sell it in 2 years...no deposit but wants verifiable references and us to stay at least 6 months to a year but if senior housing call prior..it's OK for us to leave sooner if we wish.

Funny and weird thing is...he asked his mom (she passed on Dec 7th) to send him someone that will help him, will pay on time, is nice and friendly...and then he found my ad. I told him to tell mom "thanks" for leading him to us...cause he said he never looks on CL in the room wanted section. Never thought about it, he said. He has been taking care of her for a few years and at 90, her body finally gave up. Then he prayed to her a couple of nights ago and like a whisper idea that just popped into his head out of nowhere...he went to CL. And there we were (his words).

I think this MAY be the place. Keep yer fingers crossed! We want to move in sometime.e in Feb...and he wanted someone sometime in Feb. Perfect timing and so much in common!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
I'm rooting for you with everything I've got, Gracie! Heck, I'm crying...how sissy is that? Good, GREAT luck. Maybe the new year will bring a change of fortune for you, Mr. Gracie, and Moki.

I'm either sick, or I'm having a heck of a lot of hot flashes today.....

Lots of nasty stuff going around. I am hearing about enough gals and guys getting nasty UTIs--Hombre being one of them--to believe the possibility that these are not coincidental. Stomach bugs, colds, and regular flu of course are usually highly contagious and spread like wildfire.

But hmmm. Hot flashes instead of being sick, or being sick with something you'll get over quickly. . .tough call. :)

Seriously, I do hope you feel better soon regardless.

I declined to get the flu jab this year on the basis that I don't come into contact with many people, so the risk is low. But my sister came down to buy me lunch, and she has just had the flu and is still recovering. So I might have been exposed to it after all, and I have to wait a couple of days to find out if I have caught it.

There is nothing much on TV so I have started watching the sixth season of ' game of thrones'
I finished binge watching the 6th of "Game of Thrones" a couple of weeks ago. You'll notice a lot of tying off loose ends and building towards a climax, I think. I also finished "Poldark", a BBC drama aired on PBS over here. I like "costume" dramas.

So sorry about Boo. I know how you feel[emoji17]

I have been sick all day. Horrible stomach ache all night, miserable today. Must be that big going around. It sucks worse when living in an ant infested RV and have to breathe in the smells from the black water tank that is being used so often due to the illness. I so much want out of here.
MrG sold his truck last night because he wants a van, but he is so persnickety, he will take forever to buy one. I had to lay down the law to him that he is NOT going to use my van to put his nasty tools in. I bought that van for ME and I am not sharing it so he better get on the ball.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
How did an RV get ant-infested?
Hopefully, Mr. G will find a suitable place to put his tools before you have to move out of the RV.
How's the deal with the former Marine going?

Can't show it to you cuz its off the road, as are the neighbors...but this is the road to the room we will be renting...unless something else happens to stop us. So far..it's a go. I am sending a 50 buck deposit to hold it until feb 8th...which is the day we are shooting for to move there. Gives him time to get it cleaned up and ready and us time to get stuff done here.

GREENERY!! And it has a seasonal creek right next to it. He also is a composer, so does some musical recordings from time to time....and the music he makes is...drum roll....new age. Stuff he likes listening to when he meditates.

If its too good to be true...red flags wave. But this sounds good..and true. I hope it is.

3a69w.jpg
Paws crossed here, Gracie.

but the cat came back muppets - Bing video

The biggest problem with catching up is looking like a forum hog.
The flue's going around up here, too. I haven't had a flu shot since I retired from the Army, though. I always got sick from the shot and now that I have a choice, I haven't gotten the flu since (touch wood!)
I'm up in Willow for a couple of days, the partner is caring for the goats for the time I'm up here. My Pyr ran away New Year's Eve, probably because of the fireworks, which are illegal. Guess that never stopped anyone. Lots of missing dogs on CL the last couple of days, though. I tracked her as far as I could and am hoping that someone has found her and will call the vet's office when they open again. I'd like to be the fool who tried to bring that dog inside, though. 125 lbs and she hates being indoors.
The partner has been "improving" our little power grid here so I am relying on lanterns for light. That isn't the inconvenience many would think.
Belated Happy New Year to all of my CS fellow-travelers. Hopefully, 2017 will be good to all of us!

Can't show it to you cuz its off the road, as are the neighbors...but this is the road to the room we will be renting...unless something else happens to stop us. So far..it's a go. I am sending a 50 buck deposit to hold it until feb 8th...which is the day we are shooting for to move there. Gives him time to get it cleaned up and ready and us time to get stuff done here.

GREENERY!! And it has a seasonal creek right next to it. He also is a composer, so does some musical recordings from time to time....and the music he makes is...drum roll....new age. Stuff he likes listening to when he meditates.

If its too good to be true...red flags wave. But this sounds good..and true. I hope it is.

3a69w.jpg

Looks like a really nice area. :) I sent you an email, BTW. Don't know if you received it or not. I wanted to send you a nice puppy picture, but it tells me that I can't send you imbedded pictures.

Well, yesterday was a somewhat bittersweet kind of day. Some good things happened and some not so good things happened. My beloved Washington Redskins lost their football game so their season is over. Instead of going to the playoffs, they will be going on vacation. Wonder which they would have enjoyed the most? On a good note, my second favorite team, the Packers won their football game and also the division. So, the day wasn't a total bummer after all. When the Packers won their game I smiled all over! Don't know how far they will make it through the playoffs but at least they still have an iron in the fire.
What is this with football on Sunday? Football is played on Saturday in Tuscaloosa.

I don't know about that, but I do know that the Pats have the best win/loss record in the league. Playoffs, here we come! :2up:

What I had wasn't the flu but a stomach virus, that people around here are getting.
It isn't contagious, its something in the air, mixed with our dust, thats causing our illness going around here.
All I know is I couldn't even keep a glass of water down let alone anything else Friday.
Dry heaves all day long really take it out of you. :(

When I woke up Saturday morning, I felt like I had been through the wringer and came out on the other side feeling like a flat one dementional object, hung out on the closline and left flapping in the wind.
I'm still a little weak from it.

Wish I was in a position to do more than just care, Gracie. But I do think you should make a visit to your doctor. Your symptoms have been going on too long.

Well, yesterday was a somewhat bittersweet kind of day. Some good things happened and some not so good things happened. My beloved Washington Redskins lost their football game so their season is over. Instead of going to the playoffs, they will be going on vacation. Wonder which they would have enjoyed the most? On a good note, my second favorite team, the Packers won their football game and also the division. So, the day wasn't a total bummer after all. When the Packers won their game I smiled all over! Don't know how far they will make it through the playoffs but at least they still have an iron in the fire.
What is this with football on Sunday? Football is played on Saturday in Tuscaloosa.

I don't know about that, but I do know that the Pats have the best win/loss record in the league. Playoffs, here we come! :2up:

Maybe the Pats and the Cowboys in the Super Bowl? Of course I have other friends with favorite teams that aren't eliminated yet too, so it's anybody's guess how it will all shake out.

The biggest problem with catching up is looking like a forum hog.
The flue's going around up here, too. I haven't had a flu shot since I retired from the Army, though. I always got sick from the shot and now that I have a choice, I haven't gotten the flu since (touch wood!)
I'm up in Willow for a couple of days, the partner is caring for the goats for the time I'm up here. My Pyr ran away New Year's Eve, probably because of the fireworks, which are illegal. Guess that never stopped anyone. Lots of missing dogs on CL the last couple of days, though. I tracked her as far as I could and am hoping that someone has found her and will call the vet's office when they open again. I'd like to be the fool who tried to bring that dog inside, though. 125 lbs and she hates being indoors.
The partner has been "improving" our little power grid here so I am relying on lanterns for light. That isn't the inconvenience many would think.
Belated Happy New Year to all of my CS fellow-travelers. Hopefully, 2017 will be good to all of us!

It's starting out for most of us like 2016--some good, some bad, some hope, some worry, some just toughing it out. My great niece's car was stolen out of her garage yesterday afternoon. And of course she had left the keys in it along with her purse with all her personal information, credit cards etc. and a bunch of other stuff because it was safe in her own garage, yes? Some of us really do have to learn the hard way. I feel badly for her but it could have been worse.

I do hope you find your dog though. That has to be a major worry for you.

Forum List

Back