USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Hombre for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo,
Big Black Dog for healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

The moon with venus tonight:

124.jpg

Love reading Boo is trying to make a comeback. Maybe the meds just took their sweet ass time? Heres hoping he gets even better!

Meanwhile....still sick. I can't figure it out. Loose bowels even when I eat NOTHING. Yesterday, I had 1 piece of toast, plain, 1 cup of coffee and over the next hours of the day yesterday and last night, nothing but decaf tea. And this morning? Diarrhea again. I don't get it. Oh, and my hair is falling out. Its long enough now for a comb over because it is no place but near my forehead. My bangs are barely enough to cover what is receding. Hair grows back, but it is brittle and very thin and like baby hair...then falls back out again.
I feel nauseous often and my brain won't shut up. I hope I can pull myself together for the move in Feb to the new room we scored.

Foxfyre, it is in northern calif. Not close to where I am, which means I will lose my Cen Cal again..which pays for my meds. I will have to get on another program, so will be in limbo yet again for medical care once we change addresses again but at least I will be on Medi-Cal. If I can stay alive long enough until this coming October, I can get on Medicare when I hit 65.

I think my misery of living the way I am is now affecting my health. That tends to happen with homeless people, or so I hear. Its hard to look, feel, act normal when just going to the bathroom is next to impossible for privacy, finding food for a delicate system, washing oneself to keep clean.

This is what I am dealing with and have been dealing with for 3 months...4 if you count the MAJOR mistake of moving to Los Angeles to be with my ....cough...."friend" that said she would make sure we were comfortable. Yeah, like when she bailed on me 2 days after my mastectomy? Kinda like that? MrG warned me it was a mistake..but I am a trusting soul, and I should have listened to him.

Anyway, that is neither here nor there. I am in deep doo doo and have been for some time....and now physically, mentally and spiritually and its taking its toll on me faster than I can keep it at bay. I can feel that room and want it badly...but I am paranoid SOMETHING will happen to stop us from getting it, because that is how things have been going. Not sure how much more I can take of the disappointments. Just keep yer fingers crossed that 2017 turns out better and I'm alive to see it.

Wish I was in a position to do more than just care, Gracie. But I do think you should make a visit to your doctor. Your symptoms have been going on too long.
I see him on the 4th. :)

I met someone today. Ex marine, in his middle fifties, has no pets but misses them, has a room available sometime in Feb. Also is an antique dealer, has a mall space he makes extra money on, needs help in fixing up his mom's home since he wants to sell it in 2 years...no deposit but wants verifiable references and us to stay at least 6 months to a year but if senior housing call prior..it's OK for us to leave sooner if we wish.

Funny and weird thing is...he asked his mom (she passed on Dec 7th) to send him someone that will help him, will pay on time, is nice and friendly...and then he found my ad. I told him to tell mom "thanks" for leading him to us...cause he said he never looks on CL in the room wanted section. Never thought about it, he said. He has been taking care of her for a few years and at 90, her body finally gave up. Then he prayed to her a couple of nights ago and like a whisper idea that just popped into his head out of nowhere...he went to CL. And there we were (his words).

I think this MAY be the place. Keep yer fingers crossed! We want to move in sometime.e in Feb...and he wanted someone sometime in Feb. Perfect timing and so much in common!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
I'm rooting for you with everything I've got, Gracie! Heck, I'm crying...how sissy is that? Good, GREAT luck. Maybe the new year will bring a change of fortune for you, Mr. Gracie, and Moki.
Aww..thank you GW. But..Moki passed away about 3 months ago. Its just me, MrG and Karma now.
And yes...we did get the room. Google Paradise Calif....that is where we will be heading for awhile. I'm trying to not get too excited cuz I always get disappointed but its looking really good right now. And I won't be losing my CenCal cuz I ain't telling 'em I moved out of this county cuz I haven't. I am "visiting" friends for a couple of months...and may travel even more. My "home" is still San Luis Obispo county. Still will have the PO box, still have my docs here, still have my bank here, will drive here for checkups and such. Its a 6 hour drive but I can do it, stay in a motel 6 overnight, see the doc every 3 months, head back to Paradise. Or babysit some goats in Alaska. Who knows? :lol:

So sorry about Boo. I know how you feel[emoji17]

I have been sick all day. Horrible stomach ache all night, miserable today. Must be that big going around. It sucks worse when living in an ant infested RV and have to breathe in the smells from the black water tank that is being used so often due to the illness. I so much want out of here.
MrG sold his truck last night because he wants a van, but he is so persnickety, he will take forever to buy one. I had to lay down the law to him that he is NOT going to use my van to put his nasty tools in. I bought that van for ME and I am not sharing it so he better get on the ball.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
How did an RV get ant-infested?
Hopefully, Mr. G will find a suitable place to put his tools before you have to move out of the RV.
How's the deal with the former Marine going?
Actually, he is a musician as well. Makes his own meditation songs, produced 4 CD's, practices health and wellness and his spirituality is like mine...a unique path of many. He has his own music studio in the house and said I may hear him working late at night..and I listened to some of his work and it sounds like Enya..without her voice. Quite beautiful. AND, he is a night owl. I think this is going to work out very well. At least..I hope it does.

Can't show it to you cuz its off the road, as are the neighbors...but this is the road to the room we will be renting...unless something else happens to stop us. So far..it's a go. I am sending a 50 buck deposit to hold it until feb 8th...which is the day we are shooting for to move there. Gives him time to get it cleaned up and ready and us time to get stuff done here.

GREENERY!! And it has a seasonal creek right next to it. He also is a composer, so does some musical recordings from time to time....and the music he makes is...drum roll....new age. Stuff he likes listening to when he meditates.

If its too good to be true...red flags wave. But this sounds good..and true. I hope it is.

3a69w.jpg

Looks like a really nice area. :) I sent you an email, BTW. Don't know if you received it or not. I wanted to send you a nice puppy picture, but it tells me that I can't send you imbedded pictures.
I didn't get it. :(
And I don't have things blocked so I don't know what that is about. I will send you another email I use from time to time and see if that works.

Aww..thank you GW. But..Moki passed away about 3 months ago. Its just me, MrG and Karma now.
And yes...we did get the room. Google Paradise Calif....that is where we will be heading for awhile. I'm trying to not get too excited cuz I always get disappointed but its looking really good right now. And I won't be losing my CenCal cuz I ain't telling 'em I moved out of this county cuz I haven't. I am "visiting" friends for a couple of months...and may travel even more. My "home" is still San Luis Obispo county. Still will have the PO box, still have my docs here, still have my bank here, will drive here for checkups and such. Its a 6 hour drive but I can do it, stay in a motel 6 overnight, see the doc every 3 months, head back to Paradise. Or babysit some goats in Alaska. Who knows? :lol:

Hey GW, I get confused on Gracie's dog's names too.

bleat.jpg

Come visit us goats Gracie!

Found something interesting in the paper shop today. National geographic have produced a set of books called 'Our mathematical world' I do not know if you can get it in America but I recommend it. It comes out every week and makes maths accessible and interesting. Its especially appealing to me as the first book deals with golden ratio. There are future editions on 'spies and hacking' and ' perspective' and ' graphics'

I recommend it to anyone interested in the arts, or anyone with children.

Can't show it to you cuz its off the road, as are the neighbors...but this is the road to the room we will be renting...unless something else happens to stop us. So far..it's a go. I am sending a 50 buck deposit to hold it until feb 8th...which is the day we are shooting for to move there. Gives him time to get it cleaned up and ready and us time to get stuff done here.

GREENERY!! And it has a seasonal creek right next to it. He also is a composer, so does some musical recordings from time to time....and the music he makes is...drum roll....new age. Stuff he likes listening to when he meditates.

If its too good to be true...red flags wave. But this sounds good..and true. I hope it is.

3a69w.jpg

Looks like a really nice area. :) I sent you an email, BTW. Don't know if you received it or not. I wanted to send you a nice puppy picture, but it tells me that I can't send you imbedded pictures.
And I don't have things blocked so I don't know what that is about. I will send you another email I use from time to time and see if that works.

I'm just here for a few, but I will try that new email and try to send you one again later on. Anyways, I do hope you had a Merry Christmas and that you have a very happy new year with more opportunities and a comfortable place for you and your family to live.

Well, Happy New Year .. I'm around but I'm just not posting much... :dunno:

Always happy when you do Lumpy. :)

Good morning all. Looks to be an uneventful day except Hombre is feeling back to normal and plans to do his shift at the gift shop today. Still have our house guest for a couple more days and nothing unusual planned for the week. Hoping Boo is still on the mend, that Gracie's plans continue as hoped, and everybody will have a good day. Enjoying coffee until Hombre is out of the shower, house guest is up, and we'll have breakfast.

Sorry that I've been so mercurial of late. I take vacation during the holidays and I've been luxuriating at Pimplebutt, visiting friends and generally goofing off. But today begins another year of work and so far, I've been catching up on phone messages, loading the work iPad with pending inspections and hearing all the post holiday gossip here at the office.

I got my own robotic overlord for Christmas. My brother bought me an Amazon echo dot. This means I've been busy switching out switches, changing the thermostat, downloading apps and orienting 'Alexa' to life at Pimplebutt.

It came in handy last night. Daisy the Mutt got up in the middle of the night. When she came back to the bedroom, she was frustrated as she could not see the bench at the foot of the bed. That bench (an easy jump for Daisy) provides the first step. Once on the bench, she can jump upp back on the bed where she takes up enough space to force me into the posture of a parenthesis as I sleep.

The dark made it impossible for her to measure her initial leap. She sat at the foot of the bed and grumbled in fluent Poodle. "Oww!" "Grr!" "Oww"!

"Alexa! Turn on the table lamp!" I commanded.

On came the light. Daisy stopped her protests and confidently jumped back up on the bed to take her place in the exact center of the queen sized mattress. I stoked her ears and she laid down with a sense of contentment.

"Alexa! Turn off the table lamp!"

And we drifted back to sleep only to be awakened by Alexa two hours later.

Here it is. The George Jetson lifestyle promised back in the sixties.

Well, yesterday was a somewhat bittersweet kind of day. Some good things happened and some not so good things happened. My beloved Washington Redskins lost their football game so their season is over. Instead of going to the playoffs, they will be going on vacation. Wonder which they would have enjoyed the most? On a good note, my second favorite team, the Packers won their football game and also the division. So, the day wasn't a total bummer after all. When the Packers won their game I smiled all over! Don't know how far they will make it through the playoffs but at least they still have an iron in the fire.
What is this with football on Sunday? Football is played on Saturday in Tuscaloosa.

I don't know about that, but I do know that the Pats have the best win/loss record in the league. Playoffs, here we come! :2up:
The Tide is on a 26 game win streak. No Pro team has ever come close to that.

Sorry that I've been so mercurial of late. I take vacation during the holidays and I've been luxuriating at Pimplebutt, visiting friends and generally goofing off. But today begins another year of work and so far, I've been catching up on phone messages, loading the work iPad with pending inspections and hearing all the post holiday gossip here at the office.

I got my own robotic overlord for Christmas. My brother bought me an Amazon echo dot. This means I've been busy switching out switches, changing the thermostat, downloading apps and orienting 'Alexa' to life at Pimplebutt.

It came in handy last night. Daisy the Mutt got up in the middle of the night. When she came back to the bedroom, she was frustrated as she could not see the bench at the foot of the bed. That bench (an easy jump for Daisy) provides the first step. Once on the bench, she can jump upp back on the bed where she takes up enough space to force me into the posture of a parenthesis as I sleep.

The dark made it impossible for her to measure her initial leap. She sat at the foot of the bed and grumbled in fluent Poodle. "Oww!" "Grr!" "Oww"!

On came the light. Daisy stopped her protests and confidently jumped back up on the bed to take her place in the exact center of the queen sized mattress. I stoked her ears and she laid down with a sense of contentment.

Now if it came with a companion piece that archived your commands and could play them in your voice at selected times when you aren't there......I might be tempted.....Or does it have that alrdy

3a69w.jpg

I'm just here for a few, but I will try that new email and try to send you one again later on. Anyways, I do hope you had a Merry Christmas and that you have a very happy new year with more opportunities and a comfortable place for you and your family to live.

You're just here for a few? You aren't leaving us are you?

Well, yesterday was a somewhat bittersweet kind of day. Some good things happened and some not so good things happened. My beloved Washington Redskins lost their football game so their season is over. Instead of going to the playoffs, they will be going on vacation. Wonder which they would have enjoyed the most? On a good note, my second favorite team, the Packers won their football game and also the division. So, the day wasn't a total bummer after all. When the Packers won their game I smiled all over! Don't know how far they will make it through the playoffs but at least they still have an iron in the fire.
What is this with football on Sunday? Football is played on Saturday in Tuscaloosa.

I don't know about that, but I do know that the Pats have the best win/loss record in the league. Playoffs, here we come! :2up:
The Tide is on a 26 game win streak. No Pro team has ever come close to that.

They have been awesome. That's why in my pro-pickems group, I haven't bet against them no matter how wide the spread.

Now if it came with a companion piece that archived your commands and could play them in your voice at selected times when you aren't there......I might be tempted.....Or does it have that alrdy
As far as I know, a real human must first prompt the machine ne.

But you see these commercials where somebody looks at their smart phone to see if the kids left the windows open or the doors unlocked, light off, stove off, etc. There is a part of me that says if you can see and correct all that from a remote location, then you have given more access to your place from unscrupulous hackers or whatever. But being an untechy sort of person, I am probably more cynical and suspicious of high tech stuff than most.

But you see these commercials where somebody looks at their smart phone to see if the kids left the windows open or the doors unlocked, light off, stove off, etc. There is a part of me that says if you can see and correct all that from a remote location, then you have given more access to your place from unscrupulous hackers or whatever. But being an untechy sort of person, I am probably more cynical and suspicious of high tech stuff than most.
I can control lights in the bedroom and the Great Hall. I can adjust the temperature and humidity in the whole house. But I want to use a key at least, the garage door opener at most to get into the house.

I gave my brother a robot lock for one of his doors. It too works with Alexa. I wonder if I could simply shout at a rear window, "Alexa! Open the door!"

If poetry has value, the command should be "Open! Sesame!"

Forum List

Back