USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just ordered the film 'lion in winter' yesterday from amazon on a one day delivery. I was still waiting for conformation of despatch at 10pm last night but it did not come so I went to bed. I got up at 4.30am because I could not sleep and the conformation has arrived. Clearly amazon work all night.

I wanted to get the film because I saw it on TV ages ago and I remember it being high quality dialogue in the Shakespearian style.
"The Lion in Winter" is outstanding. Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn in a world class war of words, verbal jousting at its best. And a very young Anthony Hopkins! Few things are better entertainment than a well-acted piece, and this was one of the best, IMHO.

I met a couple of outstanding actors at a meditation society meeting. They were Anton Lesser, who is in the game of thrones, and Linsey Baxter. Who was the other woman in' the French lieutenants woman'.

This short video will show the young folks just why we old folks don't take too kindly to the Computer age.

Daughter is visiting her father and is helping in the kitchen.
She asks: "Tell me, Dad, how do you like the new iPad we gave you for your birthday?"
This 32 second clip is spoken in German, but totally understandable
in any language.
http://www.snotr.com/embed/8965

The biggest problem with catching up is looking like a forum hog.
The flue's going around up here, too. I haven't had a flu shot since I retired from the Army, though. I always got sick from the shot and now that I have a choice, I haven't gotten the flu since (touch wood!)
I'm up in Willow for a couple of days, the partner is caring for the goats for the time I'm up here. My Pyr ran away New Year's Eve, probably because of the fireworks, which are illegal. Guess that never stopped anyone. Lots of missing dogs on CL the last couple of days, though. I tracked her as far as I could and am hoping that someone has found her and will call the vet's office when they open again. I'd like to be the fool who tried to bring that dog inside, though. 125 lbs and she hates being indoors.
The partner has been "improving" our little power grid here so I am relying on lanterns for light. That isn't the inconvenience many would think.
Belated Happy New Year to all of my CS fellow-travelers. Hopefully, 2017 will be good to all of us!

It's starting out for most of us like 2016--some good, some bad, some hope, some worry, some just toughing it out. My great niece's car was stolen out of her garage yesterday afternoon. And of course she had left the keys in it along with her purse with all her personal information, credit cards etc. and a bunch of other stuff because it was safe in her own garage, yes? Some of us really do have to learn the hard way. I feel badly for her but it could have been worse.

I do hope you find your dog though. That has to be a major worry for you.
Found the dog at Animal Control, no collar. I'm guessing someone tried to drag her into a car and she pulled loose so they called animal control to come pick her up. Cost me $64 to spring her from doggy jail, but she was really happy to come home. We took one of her goats with us to pick her up and that calmed her enough to load her into the Jeep where she laid down with her goat for the ride home. I wasn't the only person picking up a dog that had run away due to fireworks, there were at least six others there when I went to pick up Roxy. Plenty more, too, I understand. It's a shame they can't enforce the no fireworks regulation. Better yet, it's a real shame that so many total assholes disregard the regulation, or the reasons it exists, just so they can blow off some powder (and a lot of money).

It is pure hell for a lot of the critters, and in our drought situation fireworks are a real risk for starting serious fires. I am always so glad when the fireworks season is over. At most least folks don't use them on New Years here in New Mexico.

This short video will show the young folks just why we old folks don't take too kindly to the Computer age.

Daughter is visiting her father and is helping in the kitchen.
She asks: "Tell me, Dad, how do you like the new iPad we gave you for your birthday?"
This 32 second clip is spoken in German, but totally understandable
in any language.
http://www.snotr.com/embed/8965An
An olide, but
The biggest problem with catching up is looking like a forum hog.
The flue's going around up here, too. I haven't had a flu shot since I retired from the Army, though. I always got sick from the shot and now that I have a choice, I haven't gotten the flu since (touch wood!)
I'm up in Willow for a couple of days, the partner is caring for the goats for the time I'm up here. My Pyr ran away New Year's Eve, probably because of the fireworks, which are illegal. Guess that never stopped anyone. Lots of missing dogs on CL the last couple of days, though. I tracked her as far as I could and am hoping that someone has found her and will call the vet's office when they open again. I'd like to be the fool who tried to bring that dog inside, though. 125 lbs and she hates being indoors.
The partner has been "improving" our little power grid here so I am relying on lanterns for light. That isn't the inconvenience many would think.
Belated Happy New Year to all of my CS fellow-travelers. Hopefully, 2017 will be good to all of us!

It's starting out for most of us like 2016--some good, some bad, some hope, some worry, some just toughing it out. My great niece's car was stolen out of her garage yesterday afternoon. And of course she had left the keys in it along with her purse with all her personal information, credit cards etc. and a bunch of other stuff because it was safe in her own garage, yes? Some of us really do have to learn the hard way. I feel badly for her but it could have been worse.

I do hope you find your dog though. That has to be a major worry for you.
Found the dog at Animal Control, no collar. I'm guessing someone tried to drag her into a car and she pulled loose so they called animal control to come pick her up. Cost me $64 to spring her from doggy jail, but she was really happy to come home. We took one of her goats with us to pick her up and that calmed her enough to load her into the Jeep where she laid down with her goat for the ride home. I wasn't the only person picking up a dog that had run away due to fireworks, there were at least six others there when I went to pick up Roxy. Plenty more, too, I understand. It's a shame they can't enforce the no fireworks regulation. Better yet, it's a real shame that so many total assholes disregard the regulation, or the reasons it exists, just so they can blow off some powder (and a lot of money).

It is pure hell for a lot of the critters, and in our drought situation fireworks are a real risk for starting serious fires. I am always so glad when the fireworks season is over. At most least folks don't use them on New Years here in New Mexico.
New Years usually has a good cover of snow to prevent wildfires, 4th of July, not so much. But in the Muni of Anchorage, the rules prohibit fireworks because of the density of habitation and the affect on domestic animals (in part). It's just disappointing that so many people disregard the welfare of our more sensitive cohabitants, as well as municipal regulation.

This will make more sense to those who do Facebook a lot but sometime in the Coffee Shop too. . .and I wouldn't change a thing. :)

15085523_1551352038225228_5743433280595678323_n.jpg

Ringel didn't check in today? Wonder what the situation is with Boo?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Hombre for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo,
Big Black Dog for healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

les-elki-zima-noch-zvezdy.jpg

This will make more sense to those who do Facebook a lot but sometime in the Coffee Shop too. . .and I wouldn't change a thing.

Holy Shiite!! That's my partner. He doesn't "do" facebook, but he certainly does all that, for real. I feel sorry for waitpersons, cashiers, and tellers who have to deal with him. He's that person.

Grannies, walking in park, or sitting on benches near entrances usually acting so :) And having success...

P.S. Usually more success, than any investigators and FSB agents :)

This will make more sense to those who do Facebook a lot but sometime in the Coffee Shop too. . .and I wouldn't change a thing.

Holy Shiite!! That's my partner. He doesn't "do" facebook, but he certainly does all that, for real. I feel sorry for waitpersons, cashiers, and tellers who have to deal with him. He's that person.

Grannies, walking in park, or sitting on benches near entrances usually acting so :) And having success...

That too. :) And welcome to the Coffee Shop Sbiker. Your location says you were born in the USSR. Do you still live in one of those countries? Immigrant to the USA? Or American born abroad? Whichever it is, so happy you found us and waded right in. We are getting more international all the time with members from the U.K., Vietnam, France, Germany, Israel, et al.

First timers to the Coffee Shop also get a first timer's complimentary beverage:

th

Soon they will be having the big parade in Washington, DC after they swear in the new President. I think we members of the Coffee Shop Community should march in that parade to let the whole world know we stand for unity and we try to bring peace to the world one cup of coffee at a time. We could hand out candy, hot dogs and coffee to the people along the parade route. Thing is, should we dress up in our finest or simply wear our PJ's so those who are opposed to neckties are not offended?

That too. :) And welcome to the Coffee Shop Sbiker. Your location says you were born in the USSR. Do you still live in one of those countries? Immigrant to the USA? Or American born abroad? Whichever it is, so happy you found us and waded right in. We are getting more international all the time with members from the U.K., Vietnam, France, Germany, Israel, et al.

First timers to the Coffee Shop also get a first timer's complimentary beverage:

th

Yes, I live in Russia, but interesting to speak English and learn US. How could I walking around this Coffee Shop such times! :) So, now I glad to join you and gladly drinking coffee. Coffee is my beverage of job, but I'm a bit working now (despite of holidays), so it's useful for me! I wanna more ! :)

th

Yes, I live in Russia, but interesting to speak English and learn US. How could I walking around this Coffee Shop such times! :) So, now I glad to join you and gladly drinking coffee. Coffee is my beverage of job, but I'm a bit working now (despite of holidays), so it's useful for me! I wanna more ! :)

Lol! That might be the cutest post I've read all day! :) Welcome to the coffee shop, sweetie.

So, the workers finally came back yesterday. Declared they were going to get someone else in to start the fireplace and started on the upstairs bathroom, which is the first project that was supposed to be finished. They have not come back yet today and it's after 10AM.......I will never hire Hispanic workers again. They use language as an excuse to do a crappy job, to not show up on time and for buying the wrong materials or not buying them at all. And I've gone through two sets of Hispanic contractors and their workers on this project.

th

Well you've got a good start on it. I'm impressed with people who can carry on a conversation in more than one language. I know enough Spanish to get by when I need to, but I sure wouldn't attempt to write Spanish here without help from my translator. And my cheap little translator sometimes makes things come out a little strange.

But just keep posting. I think you will get along just fine with our little group here.

So, the workers finally came back yesterday. Declared they were going to get someone else in to start the fireplace and started on the upstairs bathroom, which is the first project that was supposed to be finished. They have not come back yet today and it's after 10AM.......I will never hire Hispanic workers again. They use language as an excuse to do a crappy job, to not show up on time and for buying the wrong materials or not buying them at all. And I've gone through two sets of Hispanic contractors and their workers on this project.

I think you just had bad luck Sheila. Most contractors around here are Hispanic and there are a lot of really good ones--show up on time, do good work, stay within budget. But whatever the ethnicity, there are some that aren't good too. Good luck on finding a good one somewhere.

Forum List

Back