USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thank you hon, but there is nothing that can be done. Right now, it is more mental. These storm systems, the crap we are dealing with, the knowledge that 30 years meant squat to those we thought would be of help, family that turned their backs, churches that said "no...Unless"...Rental prices, etc...It hit both of us night before last. I won't go into detail. Suffice it to say, karma stopped us both.

Prayers mean nothing. They are just empty words. Why would God listen to a bunch of people and not MY prayers? He wants a multitude of them or something? One is not enough?

Anyway...As you can see...I am not back "up" again. A "friend" told me to not give up. To hang in there. I've had enough of pep talks and prayers. What am I supposed to hang in for? Some magical promise of a maybe low income home because I am on a list with thousands of others? And what's to stop the managers of those apts from bumping us back because of a friend of a friend needs it more? Nothing, that's what.

A lot goes on I don't talk about here. No need to, anyway. Everything is corrupt and a lie. It's all lies. We know, because we are living it, and have done all we are supposed to do..For naught. Just more false hopes, more lies from those who claim to be government programs.

The USA is a lie. Veterans die for this country so the rich can stay rich. They come back and die in an alley in a cardboard box. Seniors, disabled, mentally ill....We are expendable. Let us die...Less air we take from them. And family? Bullshit. Money means more to them. Dollars are thicker than blood.

We have learned all this these past few months. We are living it. And "friends"? Yeah. Right. Those we have helped or treated as we wanted to be treated..Neighbors we built fences for with no charge, people we gave a hand up, business acquaintances we depended on over 30 years...Has any said "gosh, it is freezing tonight..Do you want to come in and sit by the fire?" Or "come on over and take a real shower with hot water?" Or "would you like to do a load of laundry?"....Nope. not one offer. The simple things. The human things. None forthcoming.

I hate it here now. It all meant nothing. But medical assistance is here. Nothing else, just that. Or we can move find a room, and never see another doctor. Decisions decisions.

Add that to the mental anguish of all these real truths of humanity that is lacking...You get two old, hurting, aching seniors who are ridiculed for "not thinking ahead" and it's our fault, or stop whining or worse ...Smiled at while being lied to because we trusted what they said.

Both of us no longer want to be here. We are done. There is no hope, no future, no promises. The only reason we are still here is due to an old dog that depends on us...Roof of a van or an overpass or a bush. Doesn't matter to her as long as she is with us. So, karma is our last lefeline. As long as she breathed..So do we. When she stops...So do we. It is now our pact, made in the middle of a cold storm of rain and wind...Two old people, one old dog.

I said more than I planned just now. Which is fine. I care naught anymore.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I hope that is the depression talking Gracie, and when it passes, you will be able to find that light at the end of the tunnel.

Update on Boo. We took him back in on Monday and he hated it, fought like a champion to stay in his carrier when the vet went to check him out. Unfortunately I think it's just a matter of time, (the vet thinks so also), he's fighting but he's starting to look fragile again, still loosing weight, she gave us some pain medication for him for two more weeks, then check him again then, two more weeks, etc........
Right now his eyes are still clear and he's still eating (a very little bit) and drinking water. Basically the vet thinks he has active blood cancer and there's no real cure at this stage.

:( Losing them is awful. The wait knowing you'll probably lose them is awful. Not being able to do anything to help is awful.
Yes but it does help somewhat to be prepared for it as opposed to "he's sick, he's dead, could I have done something, could I have caught it in time?".
Dude, you will never, ever escape second guessing yourself and thinking "if only I had caught it in time". When my 22-yr-old cat, Sugarfoot, died earlier this year, and my 18-yr-old Doxie preceeded her by a week, I still ponder what I might have done to prolong their existence on this plane.
But you have my most heartfelt comfort. I know.
We say the same about Mugsy who died from thyroid cancer at age 12, no one caught it until it was too late, three days later she was dead.
Better sooner than later. My Bullmastiff was diagnosed with severe lymphoma on Thursday, a couple of days after she quit eating. Given the prognosis, she would not have made it through the weekend, so I decided her friends would understand and decided to have her "put to sleep". I think our fur-fam are better equipped to know when it is time than we are.

Thank you hon, but there is nothing that can be done. Right now, it is more mental. These storm systems, the crap we are dealing with, the knowledge that 30 years meant squat to those we thought would be of help, family that turned their backs, churches that said "no...Unless"...Rental prices, etc...It hit both of us night before last. I won't go into detail. Suffice it to say, karma stopped us both.

Prayers mean nothing. They are just empty words. Why would God listen to a bunch of people and not MY prayers? He wants a multitude of them or something? One is not enough?

Anyway...As you can see...I am not back "up" again. A "friend" told me to not give up. To hang in there. I've had enough of pep talks and prayers. What am I supposed to hang in for? Some magical promise of a maybe low income home because I am on a list with thousands of others? And what's to stop the managers of those apts from bumping us back because of a friend of a friend needs it more? Nothing, that's what.

A lot goes on I don't talk about here. No need to, anyway. Everything is corrupt and a lie. It's all lies. We know, because we are living it, and have done all we are supposed to do..For naught. Just more false hopes, more lies from those who claim to be government programs.

The USA is a lie. Veterans die for this country so the rich can stay rich. They come back and die in an alley in a cardboard box. Seniors, disabled, mentally ill....We are expendable. Let us die...Less air we take from them. And family? Bullshit. Money means more to them. Dollars are thicker than blood.

We have learned all this these past few months. We are living it. And "friends"? Yeah. Right. Those we have helped or treated as we wanted to be treated..Neighbors we built fences for with no charge, people we gave a hand up, business acquaintances we depended on over 30 years...Has any said "gosh, it is freezing tonight..Do you want to come in and sit by the fire?" Or "come on over and take a real shower with hot water?" Or "would you like to do a load of laundry?"....Nope. not one offer. The simple things. The human things. None forthcoming.

I hate it here now. It all meant nothing. But medical assistance is here. Nothing else, just that. Or we can move find a room, and never see another doctor. Decisions decisions.

Add that to the mental anguish of all these real truths of humanity that is lacking...You get two old, hurting, aching seniors who are ridiculed for "not thinking ahead" and it's our fault, or stop whining or worse ...Smiled at while being lied to because we trusted what they said.

Both of us no longer want to be here. We are done. There is no hope, no future, no promises. The only reason we are still here is due to an old dog that depends on us...Roof of a van or an overpass or a bush. Doesn't matter to her as long as she is with us. So, karma is our last lefeline. As long as she breathed..So do we. When she stops...So do we. It is now our pact, made in the middle of a cold storm of rain and wind...Two old people, one old dog.

How does one respond to that? I don't know. I'm so sorry.

:cry::cry::cry: < these aren't fake, but like Ringel I don't know what to say except I am so sorry.

Speaking of dogs, "Sawyer" our golden retriever has reached 74 pounds and is almost a year old.... and my grandson, "Lumpy the Little" has just turned one year old. I'd post pictures but I'm untrained or just don't do that, I can't decide..:smile:

View attachment 106471

Isn't that really heavy for a golden retriever? But I've only known one--a grand dog--and they are great dogs.

Best natured and smartest dog I've ever had. He sure gives me plenty of exercise. We figure he'll top out around 85 pounds, I'm thinking 60 to 80 pounds is standard..

Monday is a holiday, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. So, as I have a free Monday, I've decided to take full advantage of one of my Christmas gifts. My brother and sister-in-law gave me Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather Notebook.

If you haven't seen it in your bookstore, it's a copy of the massive notebook Coppola made to help him direct the epic film. Coppola sliced each page of Mario Puzzo's The Godfather from its binding. Then he cut larger pages of paper as if they were frames. Then he glued each page to its frame so there would be larger margins to make notes upon. His notes and insights helped him stage and direct to movie.

My plan is to put my DVD copy of The Godfather on, take my copy of The Godfather Notebook in hand and read while I watch. This is one of the very few movies I watched before I read the book. And it's one of the very few movies I enjoyed more than the book. It will be interesting to study the original book, Francis Ford Coppola's notes and his finished film.

WOW! :)
We must both be movie junkies, Sbiker. Only a fellow movie nut would respond "WOW!"

I've built up quite a collection of classic movies on DVD, just in time for such a collection to become obsolete due to youtube and streaming services. But what you don't get in formats other than DVD are the special features sections. Short documentaries on the 'making of' and other interesting minutia.

Warner Studios packages something they call 'Warner Night at the Movies'. It's great! They have a short documentary, a news reel of the news that happened the week of the feature film's premier, a cartoon, coming attractions and then the feature film. It's just like going to the theater fifty or sixty or seventy years ago.

Yes, I have a collection of DVD too, but now it's real obsolete, when I can download from net any movie, I want. Current problem is info about new and good movies - it frequently sinking in other information noise :) So, in Internet we can find an info about making them and so on... but about Star Wars I have a whole book and prefer to read it, from paper :)

Maybe watch a good movie together...if you can. Anything relaxing and calm.
Starship Troopers?

Awesome movie, for becoming more optimistic :)

It isn't fair. You're all the way over there in Russia and you've seen a lot more movies than I have. But I do love movies too. :)

:) Hollywood is a best factory of movies, in all other movie production centers there are significant percent of trash movies :) But if you're interesting of Russian movies, I can recommend you some good ones (for my taste, offcourse :)))

I confess I don't know many Russian words and generally don't enjoy movies with sub-titles except briefly like you find in the movie "Patton"--the Germans speak German with English subtitles underneath but that was only brief passages. Then there was one--can't remember the name--where the Japanese were speaking English with Japanese subtitles underneath in an American movie. :) Thought that was clever.

Yes, it's another barrier, not so many Russian movies are re-translated in English.. At least, I could not to know them, because Russian-language movies more available for me at Russian search machines...

upload_2017-1-13_9-1-48.png
:)

Monday is a holiday, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. So, as I have a free Monday, I've decided to take full advantage of one of my Christmas gifts. My brother and sister-in-law gave me Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather Notebook.

If you haven't seen it in your bookstore, it's a copy of the massive notebook Coppola made to help him direct the epic film. Coppola sliced each page of Mario Puzzo's The Godfather from its binding. Then he cut larger pages of paper as if they were frames. Then he glued each page to its frame so there would be larger margins to make notes upon. His notes and insights helped him stage and direct to movie.

My plan is to put my DVD copy of The Godfather on, take my copy of The Godfather Notebook in hand and read while I watch. This is one of the very few movies I watched before I read the book. And it's one of the very few movies I enjoyed more than the book. It will be interesting to study the original book, Francis Ford Coppola's notes and his finished film.

We must both be movie junkies, Sbiker. Only a fellow movie nut would respond "WOW!"

I've built up quite a collection of classic movies on DVD, just in time for such a collection to become obsolete due to youtube and streaming services. But what you don't get in formats other than DVD are the special features sections. Short documentaries on the 'making of' and other interesting minutia.

Warner Studios packages something they call 'Warner Night at the Movies'. It's great! They have a short documentary, a news reel of the news that happened the week of the feature film's premier, a cartoon, coming attractions and then the feature film. It's just like going to the theater fifty or sixty or seventy years ago.

Add me to your movie junkies club, but for me there aren't very many 21st century movies that I really appreciate. I much prefer those that are or will soon be classics and even among those, I'm picky.

What sort of movies do you prefer? Habe you seen, for example, "Master and Commander"? What do you think about it? :)

Our own arctic freeze seems to be abating. Temperatures climbed above 32 degrees for the first time since, what seems like, the early 1990s. Icy a bit, slushy a lot, but nothing has to be shoveled. I did chemically shovel the driveway at lunchtime. A little calcium chloride between my tires and the asphalt goes a long way.

My powers of intuitive thinking took a bit of a vacation today. The new program for housing inspections now asks for a resident signature. I found that during the first inspections I conducted this morning. The building manager and I agreed that we should provide a stylus so that the residents could sign the iPad after their inspection.

So, during my lunch hour, I scoured the town looking for a package of styluses (styli?). In the third store I visited, a clerk approached me and asked if she could help. "Yes! I'm looking for a stylus someone could sign an iPad with." "Umm. Let me look!"

"You know a rubber tipped stick..."

Why couldn't an eraser do the trick? During the Space Race, Americans spent over a million dollars developing a pen that could write in zero gravity. The Russians used a pencil.

:) I know this anecdot... In reality, using pencil has another problems - graphite dust

Today I saw sun in window, through clouds - it was like Moon, thickness of clouds were just enough to provide this sight. Wonderful moment.
We saw the sun as a dim ball of light through the ice fog this morning. What a horror last night was, ice fog all night long!

Here is cold morning, a lot of snow - brrr, weather not funny too... But without snowfall it seems perfect...

My teeth are ugly.
Losing a lot of enamel now. I try to keep hygiene proper but it's hard being homeless and using only bottled water in an RV. I don't want to smile anymore. Ugly.

I remember my milk teeth problems from childhood - it was terrible... And, it's strange, my returns from dental clinic strongly associated with funerals of another Soviet leader of "five-years of magnificent funerals" ;)))) Now my son have the same problems with teeths, and it's terrible again...
How old is your son? Do you have any other children?

My elder son is 7 years old and he visit 1st grade of school every day. It's hard for him to awake at 7 o'clock, especially during winter, but I think some years later it would become a habit, like with me...

Also have two twin sons of 2.5 years - they still not visit childgarden, maybe some months later... :)

Add me to your movie junkies club, but for me there aren't very many 21st century movies that I really appreciate. I much prefer those that are or will soon be classics and even among those, I'm picky.

What sort of movies do you prefer? Habe you seen, for example, "Master and Commander"? What do you think about it? :)

I have seen it, and I think it pretty good for what it is, but I prefer more joy or humor and less blood and gore in my movies.

Maybe watch a good movie together...if you can. Anything relaxing and calm.
Starship Troopers?

Awesome movie, for becoming more optimistic :)

It isn't fair. You're all the way over there in Russia and you've seen a lot more movies than I have. But I do love movies too. :)

:) Hollywood is a best factory of movies, in all other movie production centers there are significant percent of trash movies :) But if you're interesting of Russian movies, I can recommend you some good ones (for my taste, offcourse :)))
Me! Me! I'd like to see more Russian movies. There was a film aired last fall with a dialog in Russian and subtitles in German. I can manage both Russian and Nyemetski and found it challenging and wonderful. My two friends were asking me constantly for translation. I did the best I could.

What's the name of this film?

And what sort of movies do you prefer - comedies, or classic or "about life"? Or, maybe epic and fiction - I don't sure, we have a lot of them, but something is available to view..

Many Russian films are "character"-oriented, they reproduce details of personal characters very good - and it's a real fan :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
And let's send up some special prayers and positive thoughts for Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

oct16sunset.jpg

I have seen it, and I think it pretty good for what it is, but I prefer more joy or humor and less blood and gore in my movies.

I very like it, because it's an awesome reconstruction. I'm interesting in different periods of history, took part in historical reconstruction - and looking all historic films through this knowledges... The quantity of movies with good material reconstruction is so few...

About humorous films... There are a lot of Soviet classic comedies, you have to see. For example this - without speech, about Soviet bootleggers :))

And have you seen the film "Peculiarities of the National Hunt"? It's a famous comedy, which have sequels "Pecularities of the National Fishing", "Pecularities of the National Hunt in Winter period".... and so-called "Pecularities of the National War" - a film "Blockpost", not a comedy, a drama about Chechen war, from the same director...

You're tired and cold and you need a good hot meal. Your lives are your own, to do with as you will, but when the Cosmic Clown has you screaming UNCLE, give him one last good kick in the trousers, Gracie. Now go treat yourselves to a GOOD hot meal at a diner somewhere. Angst and an empty belly are best friends.

If all goes well over the next three days, hubbie will have his heart surgery on Monday. MLK Day.
That is right on the day of our anniversary.
So much for my plans. He wont even be able to read an anniversary card.
Oh well!
We can do a postponed one after he gets well. :)

I started collecting movies by directors. John Ford, Frank Capra (I'm a sucker for 'Capricorn'), William Wyler, George Stevens. And then contemporary directors. Hal Ashly, Francis Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Stanley Kubrick.

After a while, I realized that I was only a few movies short of having all the films listed on the American Film Institute's Topp 100 list. So I finished that list.

Then I filled in some gaps genre-wise. A few great musicals, westerns, gangster flicks, comedies.

Now I have over 700 DVDs in cabinets flanking my entertainment center.

My all time favorites include, but are not exclusive to; How Green was my Valley, Bonnie and Clyde, Lawrence of Arabia, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Stagecoach, The Godfather, Citizen Kane, To Kill a Mockingbird, North by Northwest, Being There and The Wizard of Oz.

I don't believe I could call a film "classic" if I could drive myself to see it. That's just too new, even though that distinction begins with films made in the mid 1970s, to be "classic".

I have a fascination with life during wartime, Second World War time. It ended twelve years before I began, but the experiences my parents and grandparents and sainted aunts and uncles had definitely formed my character and outlook. I'm the guy who listens to Jack Benny, Fred Allen, Fibber Magee& Molly on the computer while reading an actual magazine in bed each night. I was born too late for culture.

The only movie on your list of favorites that I've actually seen is The Wizard of Oz. :p

I I have seen most of them, except for ' being there' . I was particularly affected by Kubrick's films. I remember seeing 'paths of glory ' after school and I cried. Then came ' 2001 a space odyssey ' and ' Barry Lyndon.'.
All of them affected me.

I am not seeing humanity being particularly generous, helpful, kind or loving these days either. Then I take a breath, which is much easier for me since my pneumonia left, and realize I am a source of all of those things through the grace of God. It is my turn to pour some into the world. Not very easy when you are not seeing a whole lot of it your way, but it is still an option, still possible.

I have a right to feel depressed, defeated, tired and lost. That right can lead me straight to the very place Evil wants me. Or I can choose to reject that path and be a source of goodness and life.

Choose the good, be the good and remember, there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you.

If all goes well over the next three days, hubbie will have his heart surgery on Monday. MLK Day.
That is right on the day of our anniversary.
So much for my plans. He wont even be able to read an anniversary card.
Oh well!
We can do a postponed one after he gets well. :)
Being there when he wakes up is what's important.

Forum List

Back