USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thank you hon, but there is nothing that can be done. Right now, it is more mental. These storm systems, the crap we are dealing with, the knowledge that 30 years meant squat to those we thought would be of help, family that turned their backs, churches that said "no...Unless"...Rental prices, etc...It hit both of us night before last. I won't go into detail. Suffice it to say, karma stopped us both.

Prayers mean nothing. They are just empty words. Why would God listen to a bunch of people and not MY prayers? He wants a multitude of them or something? One is not enough?

Anyway...As you can see...I am not back "up" again. A "friend" told me to not give up. To hang in there. I've had enough of pep talks and prayers. What am I supposed to hang in for? Some magical promise of a maybe low income home because I am on a list with thousands of others? And what's to stop the managers of those apts from bumping us back because of a friend of a friend needs it more? Nothing, that's what.

A lot goes on I don't talk about here. No need to, anyway. Everything is corrupt and a lie. It's all lies. We know, because we are living it, and have done all we are supposed to do..For naught. Just more false hopes, more lies from those who claim to be government programs.

The USA is a lie. Veterans die for this country so the rich can stay rich. They come back and die in an alley in a cardboard box. Seniors, disabled, mentally ill....We are expendable. Let us die...Less air we take from them. And family? Bullshit. Money means more to them. Dollars are thicker than blood.

We have learned all this these past few months. We are living it. And "friends"? Yeah. Right. Those we have helped or treated as we wanted to be treated..Neighbors we built fences for with no charge, people we gave a hand up, business acquaintances we depended on over 30 years...Has any said "gosh, it is freezing tonight..Do you want to come in and sit by the fire?" Or "come on over and take a real shower with hot water?" Or "would you like to do a load of laundry?"....Nope. not one offer. The simple things. The human things. None forthcoming.

I hate it here now. It all meant nothing. But medical assistance is here. Nothing else, just that. Or we can move find a room, and never see another doctor. Decisions decisions.

Add that to the mental anguish of all these real truths of humanity that is lacking...You get two old, hurting, aching seniors who are ridiculed for "not thinking ahead" and it's our fault, or stop whining or worse ...Smiled at while being lied to because we trusted what they said.

Both of us no longer want to be here. We are done. There is no hope, no future, no promises. The only reason we are still here is due to an old dog that depends on us...Roof of a van or an overpass or a bush. Doesn't matter to her as long as she is with us. So, karma is our last lefeline. As long as she breathed..So do we. When she stops...So do we. It is now our pact, made in the middle of a cold storm of rain and wind...Two old people, one old dog.

I said more than I planned just now. Which is fine. I care naught anymore.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

:(

Just remember, you are feeling down right now, and it's normal for you to feel this way considering your situation. Something is going to come up and things will get better. I wish there was something else I could say, but just keep the hope.

We must both be movie junkies, Sbiker. Only a fellow movie nut would respond "WOW!"

I've built up quite a collection of classic movies on DVD, just in time for such a collection to become obsolete due to youtube and streaming services. But what you don't get in formats other than DVD are the special features sections. Short documentaries on the 'making of' and other interesting minutia.

Warner Studios packages something they call 'Warner Night at the Movies'. It's great! They have a short documentary, a news reel of the news that happened the week of the feature film's premier, a cartoon, coming attractions and then the feature film. It's just like going to the theater fifty or sixty or seventy years ago.

Add me to your movie junkies club, but for me there aren't very many 21st century movies that I really appreciate. I much prefer those that are or will soon be classics and even among those, I'm picky.

What sort of movies do you prefer? Habe you seen, for example, "Master and Commander"? What do you think about it? :)

I have seen it, and I think it pretty good for what it is, but I prefer more joy or humor and less blood and gore in my movies.

And have you seen the film "Peculiarities of the National Hunt"? It's a famous comedy, which have sequels "Pecularities of the National Fishing", "Pecularities of the National Hunt in Winter period".... and so-called "Pecularities of the National War" - a film "Blockpost", not a comedy, a drama about Chechen war, from the same director...

Haven't seen that one. I am a bit fussy about what time I have to view movies and I want movies with a strong story line, strong character development of sympathetic characters, and while necessary sex and violence is okay, I grow impatient with gratuitous sex and violence very quickly. I can handle a sad ending now and then such as in "Affairs of the Heart" or "Out of Africa" or "With Honors", all excellent, but mostly I enjoy movies that make me feel, make me laugh, have me pulling for the 'hero' or 'heroine', and have cheering at the end and feeling satisfied. Intelligent comedies like "A Knight's Tale" or "Chocolat" or "Armageddon" or "My Cousin Vinny" or "Down Periscope" are my favorite kind of movie just to sit back and enjoy.

We must both be movie junkies, Sbiker. Only a fellow movie nut would respond "WOW!"

I've built up quite a collection of classic movies on DVD, just in time for such a collection to become obsolete due to youtube and streaming services. But what you don't get in formats other than DVD are the special features sections. Short documentaries on the 'making of' and other interesting minutia.

Warner Studios packages something they call 'Warner Night at the Movies'. It's great! They have a short documentary, a news reel of the news that happened the week of the feature film's premier, a cartoon, coming attractions and then the feature film. It's just like going to the theater fifty or sixty or seventy years ago.

Add me to your movie junkies club, but for me there aren't very many 21st century movies that I really appreciate. I much prefer those that are or will soon be classics and even among those, I'm picky.

What sort of movies do you prefer? Habe you seen, for example, "Master and Commander"? What do you think about it? :)

I have seen it, and I think it pretty good for what it is, but I prefer more joy or humor and less blood and gore in my movies.

And have you seen the film "Peculiarities of the National Hunt"? It's a famous comedy, which have sequels "Pecularities of the National Fishing", "Pecularities of the National Hunt in Winter period".... and so-called "Pecularities of the National War" - a film "Blockpost", not a comedy, a drama about Chechen war, from the same director...

Haven't seen that one. I am a bit fussy about what time I have to view movies and I want movies with a strong story line, strong character development of sympathetic characters, and while necessary sex and violence is okay, I grow impatient with gratuitous sex and violence very quickly. I can handle a sad ending now and then such as in "Affairs of the Heart" or "Out of Africa" or "With Honors", all excellent, but mostly I enjoy movies that make me feel, make me laugh, have me pulling for the 'hero' or 'heroine', and have cheering at the end and feeling satisfied. Intelligent comedies like "A Knight's Tale" or "Chocolat" or "Armageddon" or "My Cousin Vinny" or "Down Periscope" are my favorite kind of movie just to sit back and enjoy.
Love that avi, Foxfyre. I think--there's nothing wrong with its leg, is there?

headerimage.scale.large.jpg

Baby, it's cold outside!

I just looked along the bookshelf where I keep my films, and I have . 'Troy', 'Alexander', ' The day the earth stood still', The lion in winter' , 'Flying daggers', ' A beautiful mind', ' Hellboy ', ' Dune ', ' The crow ' , ' The Mummy ' ,

Then I have the ordinary epic trilogys like, ' The matrix trilogy', ' Xmen ', ' Lord of the rings' ,' and 'Men in black'.

Naw. He's likely perfectly fine to do that. I have actually seen a gray fox do that specific maneuver when we lived on the mountain and there was a lot of snow--they hear a small rodent or whatever under the snow but don't move close enough so that the rodent can hear them. They crouch and then leap into the air like a coiled spring and dive headfirst into the snow. Their hearing is so sharp they are able to pinpoint the exact location of the rodent, and, as often as not, they are successful in acquiring their breakfast that way.

Naw. He's likely perfectly fine to do that. I have actually seen a gray fox do that specific maneuver when we lived on the mountain and there was a lot of snow--they hear a small rodent or whatever under the snow but don't move close enough so that the rodent can hear them. They crouch and then leap into the air like a coiled spring and dive headfirst into the snow. Their hearing is so sharp they are able to pinpoint the exact location of the rodent, and, as often as not, they are successful in acquiring their breakfast that way.
Yes, I've seen them do it--his near hind leg just looked a little funny but my eyes aren't the greatest.

They took his ballon out this morning.
He is very tired today, but eating well.
I had to leave earlier than I wanted to, before it rains.
I have 7 washes I have to cross before I get home.
They are going to let him sit up for the 1st time at around 6:00 tonight. I really wanted to stay to see his grin when
he sat up for the 1st time in days.

If he gets strong enough, by Mon. He will have the surgery.
If not they will release him on Mon.
If the 2nd one happens, I bring him home, then take him everyday for 2weeks to the Benson Hospital for rehab therapy to get him strong enough for the surgery.

They are going to let him sit up for the 1st time at around 6:00 tonight. I really wanted to stay to see his grin when

If the 2nd one happens, I bring him home, then take him everyday for 2weeks to the Benson Hospital for rehab therapy to get him strong enough for the surgery.

I so hope he can have the surgery and be done with it. The agony of waiting plus the fear of another attack while you are waiting isn't something I would wish on anybody.

I so hope he can have the surgery and be done with it. The agony of waiting plus the fear of another attack while you are waiting isn't something I would wish on anybody.

Me too!

Me too!

Plus his Doc says the longer it takes to have the surgery the harder his MS attack will be.

Forum List

Back