USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wishing all a good night. I have to go...somewhat horizontal and get some rest. I have definitely found that sleeping sitting up is far better for my back and hip than trying to sleep laying down. Two nights ago, I could barely walk because my back hurt so much. Last night, I had a couple of hours between flights and napped in my truck...back MUCH better! Anyone else sleep sitting upright?
Yep. Now y'all know why I like sleeping in a recliner. My back has to be curved semi fetal position and a recliner does exactly that. Also relieves pressure on my hip as well. So yes.....I sleep upright but slightly back.

No recliner here. Don't want one because I don't want to have to haul it if and when we move again. So, I put less air in my air bed....instant recliner cuz I sink in the middle, lol. And, I have lots of pillows to prop up my top side and legs. Butt further down inside the bed itself. It works. Until I get my own home and THEN I will get a recliner. :)
After I got out of a hospital stay, I developed sciatic nerve problems. I had a physical therapist who told me to sit on a tennis ball and roll around on that nerve but also to try getting some sleep on the recliner. It helps!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Continued happiness for Mr. & Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her impending knee surgery.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

tumblr_lfr3rtHDfA1qfyncko1_500.jpg

I had roast beef for dinner and now I have a little tiny piece stuck in between my teeth, and I can't get it out and it hurts!
Toothpicks or floss will take care of that problem!

I tried a toothpick and brushing but that didn't work. I will try flossing. It's really bugging me!

Try coca-cola another time, I heard, it can dissolve meat, because partially consist of orthophosphoric acid :)
There are quite a few urban myths concerning sodas and especially Coke. Don't believe all you've heard.

Let's try mentos with coke? :)

Wishing all a good night. I have to go...somewhat horizontal and get some rest. I have definitely found that sleeping sitting up is far better for my back and hip than trying to sleep laying down. Two nights ago, I could barely walk because my back hurt so much. Last night, I had a couple of hours between flights and napped in my truck...back MUCH better! Anyone else sleep sitting upright?

I do better with my head raised somewhat and my shoulder braced against something. I sleep quite well sitting up but don't usually spend the night that way.
Sleeping sitting up actually serves me well because I can catch catnaps between flights and am quite comfortable sitting in my truck. Wed, I slipped down and slept on my side. My back hurt so badly, I could barely walk. After the next night sitting up, my back was much better. Of course, I have to have a ramp of pillows to provide support, but it works for me. The biggest problem for me is, if I sleep on my back, the lucid dreams or nightmares come. Last night I dreamed that Oprah was trying to get me to eat McDonald's.
If you ever want an excuse to miss work because you're ill eat McDonalds for lunch........ That'll make it convincing.

I periodically use McDonalds, especially in travel to Moscow... Moscow cafees could be very expensive, but Mc is always standard prices and result... And also I like a glass of cola during lunch :)

I do better with my head raised somewhat and my shoulder braced against something. I sleep quite well sitting up but don't usually spend the night that way.
Sleeping sitting up actually serves me well because I can catch catnaps between flights and am quite comfortable sitting in my truck. Wed, I slipped down and slept on my side. My back hurt so badly, I could barely walk. After the next night sitting up, my back was much better. Of course, I have to have a ramp of pillows to provide support, but it works for me. The biggest problem for me is, if I sleep on my back, the lucid dreams or nightmares come. Last night I dreamed that Oprah was trying to get me to eat McDonald's.
If you ever want an excuse to miss work because you're ill eat McDonalds for lunch........ That'll make it convincing.

I periodically use McDonalds, especially in travel to Moscow... Moscow cafees could be very expensive, but Mc is always standard prices and result... And also I like a glass of cola during lunch :)

I confess to enjoying an egg mcmuffin now and then--Hombre likes their sausage biscuits. And they do offer an excellent cup of coffee. So that is often our standard travel breakfast, especially if we don't want to take the time to go inside a restaurant for breakfast.

Typically people who do not eat fast food will get severe stomach cramps and resultant explosive fecal expulsions if they do visit and eat at a fast food place.

I confess to enjoying an egg mcmuffin now and then--Hombre likes their sausage biscuits. And they do offer an excellent cup of coffee. So that is often our standard travel breakfast, especially if we don't want to take the time to go inside a restaurant for breakfast.
I like those little sausage biscuits too with their coffee for on the road. I get two of the biscuits but just have the two pieces of sausage on one biscuit. Good stuff.

The wife wants to go up to Capitan today but I'm not so sure we'll be able to get out any time soon. Right now there's some kind of 5K run that's proceeding in front of our house then turning down the side street where the driveway is.

The wife wants to go up to Capitan today but I'm not so sure we'll be able to get out any time soon. Right now there's some kind of 5K run that's proceeding in front of our house then turning down the side street where the driveway is.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do in Capitan when you go there? Other than the Smoky Bear Museum, there isn't much there. Nice area though.

McD's does have decent coffee and up here they only charge $1 a cup, any size. Plus, the drive through is open 24-hrs, unlike the coffee carts and shops.

McD's does have decent coffee and up here they only charge $1 a cup, any size. Plus, the drive through is open 24-hrs, unlike the coffee carts and shops.

Exactly. Why should I pay much more for coffee at Starbucks when I can get coffee just as good for $1 at McDonalds? However, Starbucks is starting to compete and are offering
Your best day starts with a Grande Pike Place® Roast brewed coffee and a Bacon, Gouda & Egg or Sausage, Cheddar & Egg Breakfast Sandwich. Right now enjoy both for just $5.​
which is on a par with McDonald's price for an egg mcmuffin and coffee.

When I was working outside of my house, I was stopping at McDs 5 days a week for coffee but also breakfast maybe 2 days a week. I was really starting to get sick before I figured out it was McDs.

I saw a documentary on Netflix about a guy who ate there and other fast food places for a full month and he really got fat and sick.

Six sales people have left work in the six months since the store was sold. One was here prior, the other five have come and gone after the take over. That leaves myself and a part-timer that were here before the sale. Do I sit by and let them realize there is a problem in how they run the store or explain the issues?

When I was working outside of my house, I was stopping at McDs 5 days a week for coffee but also breakfast maybe 2 days a week. I was really starting to get sick before I figured out it was McDs.

I saw a documentary on Netflix about a guy who ate there and other fast food places for a full month and he really got fat and sick.

I can see how a regular diet of Micky D's could do that. We generally only go to Micky D's once in a blue moon when we are traveling. Otherwise it's just zip through the drive through for a cup of coffee or maybe a fruit parfait or an ice cream cone.

Forum List

Back