USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just got a cd by Joan Armatrading from amazon. I ordered it on Friday and paid £4 extra for one day delivery but it did not come until today. I am not making that mistake again so I just ordered a record by Buffy Sainte Marie by first class post. Its £4 cheaper and it usually comes the next day anyway.

Anyone else like Buffy Sainte Marie ? I used to have two of her lps in the 1960s and I am trying to get them again as CDs.

Amazon.com has her cds.
I like all folk singers, but I especially like her Starwalker song. :)

Rain. And more rain. And when not, very foggy. And cold. Not much else to report on except we are bingeing the hell out of Netflix since it is impossible to be outside. Oh, and I am in flare-up mode... Probably due to the cold and nonstop wetness.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I can't help it if you think I live in a different century. :biggrin:

I have Amish drive their horses and carts by here all the time. They look like this.

amish+wagon.jpg

Last edited:
Sitting here waiting on the brakes to be done. As i was afraid of the rotors have almost exceeded their life span so they have to be replaced also, they cant be turned any more, not enough thickness left.

Now a days the turning time often makes replacing them about the same price.

[QUOTE="peach174, post: 16624387, member: 23262']

I have Amish drive their horses and carts by here all the time. They look like this.

amish+wagon.jpg

I'm not amish either.[/QUOTE]

Me either. But I sure would love to travel that way in the countryside.

Rain. And more rain. And when not, very foggy. And cold. Not much else to report on except we are bingeing the hell out of Netflix since it is impossible to be outside. Oh, and I am in flare-up mode... Probably due to the cold and nonstop wetness.

Feel better Gracie. I was in some kind of mode the last few days hurting a lot more and feeling really blah but no real explanation for it. Today was better.

Was watching the news and see that flooding is becoming more and more of an issue near you and elsewhere in California. Since you're getting water to spare I sure wish you could ship some east to us where we could really use it. Like Peach we got showers over night but not much in the way of total precip.

Sitting here waiting on the brakes to be done. As i was afraid of the rotors have almost exceeded their life span so they have to be replaced also, they cant be turned any more, not enough thickness left.

Now a days the turning time often makes replacing them about the same price.
About $100 more than the pads and turning. I also remembered the last time I had the brakes done (about 4 1/2 years ago) the mechanic told me it was probably the last time the front rotors could be turned.

The least crowded line is all of them at 5 am. :)

Becki!!! OMG! Are you still limited to posting from the library? Or are you back? (And you're right about the 5 a.m. Grocery stores et al are much less crowded at night too.)
Oh, Foxy!!! Great to see you. Sorry, by the time I saw your message and was typing a response when I was so unceremoniously dumped when my time ran out. lol! When it's over here, you don't get a few extra seconds even to hit the "send" button. So, yes, I'm only online at the library, and I'm grateful for that.

My dear husband passed on June 13, 2016. He was such a good man all his life, that when he contracted dementia, it was apple-cart-turn-over. He would take the car and drive for hundreds of miles until he ran out of gas, so I was told by more than one county constable to take away his car keys. After the second time, *

Foxy, I keep trying to answer your earlier post, and our 30-minute "sessions" run out of time before I can finish. My husband died June 13, 2016. I miss him a lot, but am staying busy making little hugs quilts for babies whose families are impoverished or one-parent and bibs for the local pregnancy care center. I can't post pictures anymore since I post from the library.

The only thing I really missed about being online was friends like those who gather here and one other by a friend and I who got tired of political bullying elsewhere. I like the friendly atmosphere of this forum that has a 360-degree circle of viewpoints, as there are so many people with issues that are important to them.

That said, I will never mention politics again in the coffeeshop. / :redface:

Edit: * After the second time he went on an extended drive, I had to hide the keys in my pockets in my nightie at night so he wouldn't leave while I was sleeping.

Last edited:

amish+wagon.jpg

I'm not amish either.

Me either. But I sure would love to travel that way in the countryside.[/QUOTE]

I would rather ride them.
You ever been in the buggy when they decide to do number 2?
It's not pleasant! :lol:

The least crowded line is all of them at 5 am. :)

Becki!!! OMG! Are you still limited to posting from the library? Or are you back? (And you're right about the 5 a.m. Grocery stores et al are much less crowded at night too.)
Oh, Foxy!!! Great to see you. Sorry, by the time I saw your message and was typing a response when I was so unceremoniously dumped when my time ran out. lol! When it's over here, you don't get a few extra seconds even to hit the "send" button. So, yes, I'm only online at the library, and I'm grateful for that.

My dear husband passed on June 13, 2016. He was such a good man all his life, that when he contracted dementia, it was apple-cart-turn-over. He would take the car and drive for hundreds of miles until he ran out of gas, so I was told by more than one county constable to take away his car keys. After the second time, *

Foxy, I keep trying to answer your earlier post, and our 30-minute "sessions" run out of time before I can finish. My husband died June 13, 2016. I miss him a lot, but am staying busy making little hugs quilts for babies whose families are impoverished or one-parent and bibs for the local pregnancy care center. I can't post pictures anymore since I post from the library.

The only thing I really missed about being online was friends like those who gather here and one other by a friend and I who got tired of political bullying elsewhere. I like the friendly atmosphere of this forum that has a 360-degree circle of viewpoints, as there are so many people with issues that are important to them.

That said, I will never mention politics again in the coffeeshop. / :redface:

Edit: * After the second time he went on an extended drive, I had to hide the keys in my pockets in my nightie at night so he wouldn't leave while I was sleeping.

I've missed you so much Becki and so sorry about your beloved hubby, but it was no doubt time. If you do get back on line I would love for you to check in here regularly where there is no bullying of ANY kind (except for teasing in good fun). But happy you get to make an appearance now and then.

amish+wagon.jpg

I'm not amish either.

Me either. But I sure would love to travel that way in the countryside.

I would rather ride them.
You ever been in the buggy when they decide to do number 2?
It's not pleasant! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Can't say I've experienced that but now that you mention it. . . .

With horses I generally am riding instead of traveling by buggy or wagon.

Feel better Gracie. I was in some kind of mode the last few days hurting a lot more and feeling really blah but no real explanation for it. Today was better.

Was watching the news and see that flooding is becoming more and more of an issue near you and elsewhere in California. Since you're getting water to spare I sure wish you could ship some east to us where we could really use it. Like Peach we got showers over night but not much in the way of total precip.
You feel better. You're always looking out for the others here, take care of you too. :)

Forum List

Back