USMB Coffee Shop IV

The least crowded line is all of them at 5 am. :)

Becki!!! OMG! Are you still limited to posting from the library? Or are you back? (And you're right about the 5 a.m. Grocery stores et al are much less crowded at night too.)
Oh, Foxy!!! Great to see you. Sorry, by the time I saw your message and was typing a response when I was so unceremoniously dumped when my time ran out. lol! When it's over here, you don't get a few extra seconds even to hit the "send" button. So, yes, I'm only online at the library, and I'm grateful for that.

My dear husband passed on June 13, 2016. He was such a good man all his life, that when he contracted dementia, it was apple-cart-turn-over. He would take the car and drive for hundreds of miles until he ran out of gas, so I was told by more than one county constable to take away his car keys. After the second time, *

Foxy, I keep trying to answer your earlier post, and our 30-minute "sessions" run out of time before I can finish. My husband died June 13, 2016. I miss him a lot, but am staying busy making little hugs quilts for babies whose families are impoverished or one-parent and bibs for the local pregnancy care center. I can't post pictures anymore since I post from the library.

The only thing I really missed about being online was friends like those who gather here and one other by a friend and I who got tired of political bullying elsewhere. I like the friendly atmosphere of this forum that has a 360-degree circle of viewpoints, as there are so many people with issues that are important to them.

That said, I will never mention politics again in the coffeeshop. / :redface:

Edit: * After the second time he went on an extended drive, I had to hide the keys in my pockets in my nightie at night so he wouldn't leave while I was sleeping.

I've missed you so much Becki and so sorry about your beloved hubby, but it was no doubt time. If you do get back on line I would love for you to check in here regularly where there is no bullying of ANY kind (except for teasing in good fun). But happy you get to make an appearance now and then.
Thanks for the kind words, Foxy. Fortunately for me, I have 44 years of happy memories to look back on. I'm over the worst part of the loss, likely with fewer weepy days than afterword. Also, his ashes were placed in our church's Prayer Garden, so I can go there any time I need to thank God for the blessing of having a great and wonderful man to share life with. Silver linings like such memories are truly a plus. :huddle:

The least crowded line is all of them at 5 am. :)

Becki!!! OMG! Are you still limited to posting from the library? Or are you back? (And you're right about the 5 a.m. Grocery stores et al are much less crowded at night too.)
Oh, Foxy!!! Great to see you. Sorry, by the time I saw your message and was typing a response when I was so unceremoniously dumped when my time ran out. lol! When it's over here, you don't get a few extra seconds even to hit the "send" button. So, yes, I'm only online at the library, and I'm grateful for that.

My dear husband passed on June 13, 2016. He was such a good man all his life, that when he contracted dementia, it was apple-cart-turn-over. He would take the car and drive for hundreds of miles until he ran out of gas, so I was told by more than one county constable to take away his car keys. After the second time, *

Foxy, I keep trying to answer your earlier post, and our 30-minute "sessions" run out of time before I can finish. My husband died June 13, 2016. I miss him a lot, but am staying busy making little hugs quilts for babies whose families are impoverished or one-parent and bibs for the local pregnancy care center. I can't post pictures anymore since I post from the library.

The only thing I really missed about being online was friends like those who gather here and one other by a friend and I who got tired of political bullying elsewhere. I like the friendly atmosphere of this forum that has a 360-degree circle of viewpoints, as there are so many people with issues that are important to them.

That said, I will never mention politics again in the coffeeshop. / :redface:

Edit: * After the second time he went on an extended drive, I had to hide the keys in my pockets in my nightie at night so he wouldn't leave while I was sleeping.

I've missed you so much Becki and so sorry about your beloved hubby, but it was no doubt time. If you do get back on line I would love for you to check in here regularly where there is no bullying of ANY kind (except for teasing in good fun). But happy you get to make an appearance now and then.
Thanks for the kind words, Foxy. Fortunately for me, I have 44 years of happy memories to look back on. I'm over the worst part of the loss, likely with fewer weepy days than afterword. Also, his ashes were placed in our church's Prayer Garden, so I can go there any time I need to thank God for the blessing of having a great and wonderful man to share life with. Silver linings like such memories are truly a plus. :huddle:

A blessing indeed. I hope you are doing well and taking good care of Becki too. And we will hope the time will come that you can check in here more often. Love you.

It's snowing. Light, but still snow. I tookkarma outside and this is her...Like, wtf is dat?

1487812491970.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I'm glad I kept a couple of pair of warm gloves. And I went thrift shopping today and got some snow boots..waterproof. My poor uggs are a soggy mess. I also scored two drexel butler dressers for 70 bucks....each one is selling on ebay between 500 and 700 bucks..and up. They are HUGE. Got them for 35 bucks each. One is in the living room, one is in our bedroom and both are listed on Craigslist for 200 each. Already got some calls on it.

Here, there are like 15 to 20 thrift shops and about twice that in antique shops. I have 3 favs I hit every couple of days. Got the Drexels yesterday. Thankfully, housemate has a truck!

I'm glad I kept a couple of pair of warm gloves. And I went thrift shopping today and got some snow boots..waterproof. My poor uggs are a soggy mess. I also scored two drexel butler dressers for 70 bucks....each one is selling on ebay between 500 and 700 bucks..and up. They are HUGE. Got them for 35 bucks each. One is in the living room, one is in our bedroom and both are listed on Craigslist for 200 each. Already got some calls on it.

Here, there are like 15 to 20 thrift shops and about twice that in antique shops. I have 3 favs I hit every couple of days. Got the Drexels yesterday. Thankfully, housemate has a truck!

Pinch yourself please. I want to be sure you're awake. :lol:

Pinch yourself please. I want to be sure you're awake. :lol:

By the way Save, did Mrs. Liberty have the knee surgery today? All is well?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Continued happiness for Mr. & Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery..
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back

The same road goes both up and down
32.bmp

By the way Save, did Mrs. Liberty have the knee surgery today? All is well?

I am guessing day two is the hardest one. Yesterday it was anesthesia and little swelling working for us. Today it is Tylenol 3 and ice bags. Glad I live close to work. I will probably be running home every two hours.

I'm sure I speak for all that we'll be pulling for you both. It is a very painful surgery but this too shall pass.

I'm sure I speak for all that we'll be pulling for you both. It is a very painful surgery but this too shall pass.

Thank you, my hands are going to suffer the most. Mrs. Liberty complicates it with her germophobia. A simple task takes a long time as you wash your hands very task.

Off to the shower for me and then we will be leaving at noon for our regular Thursday afternoon 42 game. Beautiful day here now but supposed to get windy later and it has cooled back into the 50's with freezing temps overnight again--that's going to kill a lot of the flowers coming up way early.

Off to the shower for me and then we will be leaving at noon for our regular Thursday afternoon 42 game. Beautiful day here now but supposed to get windy later and it has cooled back into the 50's with freezing temps overnight again--that's going to kill a lot of the flowers coming up way early.

Snowdrops are blooming here.

Forum List

Back