USMB Coffee Shop IV

Six sales people have left work in the six months since the store was sold. One was here prior, the other five have come and gone after the take over. That leaves myself and a part-timer that were here before the sale. Do I sit by and let them realize there is a problem in how they run the store or explain the issues?

How well do you know the owner? A reasonable honest guy likely to take respectful criticism well? Or not so much?

Or have you reached the point that you are telling him that if things don't change you need to fire me?

Six sales people have left work in the six months since the store was sold. One was here prior, the other five have come and gone after the take over. That leaves myself and a part-timer that were here before the sale. Do I sit by and let them realize there is a problem in how they run the store or explain the issues?

How well do you know the owner? A reasonable honest guy likely to take respectful criticism well? Or not so much?

My gut tells me to say nothing. This person fancies themselves a store turn around expert. More likely they simply reduced some poor expenditures and replaced some bad managers, store was fixed. I see poor communication and unrealistic expectations on income levels for employees. The volumes are not going to generate a living wage for new people.

My gut tells me to say nothing. This person fancies themselves a store turn around expert. More likely they simply reduced some poor expenditures and replaced some bad managers, store was fixed. I see poor communication and unrealistic expectations on income levels for employees. The volumes are not going to generate a living wage for new people.

IMO it is usually best to follow your gut especially if you really need the job. You only make them fire you when it has reached the intolerable stage.

That depends on how open the new owner(s) are to constructive criticism.

Weather at my house has been simply beautiful for the last two days. I broke out my GPS and did some geocaching just to be outside. I'm so ready for spring!

Sherry and me are going to New Orleans in a few weeks. I've been, but it's been years ago. Do folks have any recommendations? We're going to have brunch at The Court of the two Sisters...drinks at Pat O'Brien's and listen to some jazz at Preservation Hall. Sherry really wants to tour the Garden District.

Some shots of the interior of the Court of the two Sisters. :)

img_4888.jpg

new-orleans.jpg
Court-of-Two-Sisters-Wedding-by-Arte-De-Vie-37.jpg
img_06571.jpg

Last edited:
Sherry and me are going to New Orleans in a few weeks. I've been, but it's been years ago. Do folks have any recommendations? We're going to have brunch at The Court of the two Sisters...drinks at Pat O'Brien's and listen to some jazz at Preservation Hall. Sherry really wants to tour the Garden District.

Some shots of the interior of the Court of the two Sisters. :)

img_4888.jpg

new-orleans.jpg
Court-of-Two-Sisters-Wedding-by-Arte-De-Vie-37.jpg
img_06571.jpg

I've never been there. Sorry WQ. But it looks wonderful.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Continued happiness for Mr. & Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her impending knee surgery.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

California sunset
Great-Sunset-Beach.jpg

Drat it, new neighbours moved in the flat above me and they woke me up at 6.30am. They are a couple and the man went out to work at 7am and the wife is home all day. I suppose I will have to get used to being woken up,

Drat it, new neighbours moved in the flat above me and they woke me up at 6.30am. They are a couple and the man went out to work at 7am and the wife is home all day. I suppose I will have to get used to being woken up,

I can relate to that. When we were still living in a downstairs apartment when we first moved to Albuquerque, the lady above us walked around in stilettos and she lifted weights. Very strange hours with both. :)

Subway is very close to work, so I try to use that when a lunch crisis arises.
Subway is better.
Subway upsets my stomach. They claim it's all natural but I can smell the preservatives when I walk in.
I don't think they can claim it's all natural if it isn't. Do they say no preservatives?

I remember some outrage some years ago about preservatives in salad bars.
It might be they say no preservatives years ago but I think it was a "technicality" that let them say that. It seems though they will be doing away with all preservatives in their products this year.

We got light rain last night, but it wasn't cold. :)
Mr. P's home nurse comes by around 10:30 today, then it's off to the Hospital for his blood test, get mail, pay electric bill and home.
Then tomorrow it's back to town again for getting his meds and groceries. :)
Hard to get used to when you only go into town only twice a week.:biggrin:

Mr. P's home nurse comes by around 10:30 today, then it's off to the Hospital for his blood test, get mail, pay electric bill and home.

Hopefully the horse doesn't forget how to get there.

Hopefully the horse doesn't forget how to get there.

I can't help it if you think I live in a different century. :biggrin:

Sitting here waiting on the brakes to be done. As i was afraid of the rotors have almost exceeded their life span so they have to be replaced also, they cant be turned any more, not enough thickness left.

Just got a cd by Joan Armatrading from amazon. I ordered it on Friday and paid £4 extra for one day delivery but it did not come until today. I am not making that mistake again so I just ordered a record by Buffy Sainte Marie by first class post. Its £4 cheaper and it usually comes the next day anyway.

Anyone else like Buffy Sainte Marie ? I used to have two of her lps in the 1960s and I am trying to get them again as CDs.

Forum List

Back