USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wishing all a good night. I have to go...somewhat horizontal and get some rest. I have definitely found that sleeping sitting up is far better for my back and hip than trying to sleep laying down. Two nights ago, I could barely walk because my back hurt so much. Last night, I had a couple of hours between flights and napped in my truck...back MUCH better! Anyone else sleep sitting upright?

Oh, good sleeping in horizontal position! Sleeping sitting is a good way to kill time in long distance buses and trains, but bringing only a headache, not a rest...

I had roast beef for dinner and now I have a little tiny piece stuck in between my teeth, and I can't get it out and it hurts!
Toothpicks or floss will take care of that problem!

I tried a toothpick and brushing but that didn't work. I will try flossing. It's really bugging me!

Try coca-cola another time, I heard, it can dissolve meat, because partially consist of orthophosphoric acid :)

Thanks for the thought! I don't drink much soda so I don't usually have it on hand. :)

I had roast beef for dinner and now I have a little tiny piece stuck in between my teeth, and I can't get it out and it hurts!

I tried a toothpick and brushing but that didn't work. I will try flossing. It's really bugging me!

Try coca-cola another time, I heard, it can dissolve meat, because partially consist of orthophosphoric acid :)
There are quite a few urban myths concerning sodas and especially Coke. Don't believe all you've heard.

Good morning all. Actually that is yet to be determined as I just got up, but I think it will be a good morning. Hope everybody is enjoying their weekend.

Good morning all. Actually that is yet to be determined as I just got up, but I think it will be a good morning. Hope everybody is enjoying their weekend.

My most competitive salesperson quit this morning. More for me for a little while. Normally they say dog eat dog, but in this case he kind of chewed his own leg off. Mental toughness, get some.

Rain. Woke up to it since the faucet is still running steadily. And will until next thursday when the sun will peek back out.
COME ON THURSDAY!!!!

Rain. Woke up to it since the faucet is still running steadily. And will until next thursday when the sun will peek back out.
COME ON THURSDAY!!!!

That's weird looking at the Accuweather radar for California--your area looks clear as a bell. Just goes to show that the radar might not be so reliable?

Thought I would mention this now, so everyone can wonder what happened next Wednesday. Mrs. Liberty is having knee surgery to repair a ligament and remove some arthritis. I guess you are down for three days, then gradually back to normal. Unfortunately, she did not let me know how pressing the issue was or she could have done it last year when the deductible as already met. $2,000 poof!

She is in our prayers for a speedy recovery!

Wishing all a good night. I have to go...somewhat horizontal and get some rest. I have definitely found that sleeping sitting up is far better for my back and hip than trying to sleep laying down. Two nights ago, I could barely walk because my back hurt so much. Last night, I had a couple of hours between flights and napped in my truck...back MUCH better! Anyone else sleep sitting upright?

I do better with my head raised somewhat and my shoulder braced against something. I sleep quite well sitting up but don't usually spend the night that way.
Sleeping sitting up actually serves me well because I can catch catnaps between flights and am quite comfortable sitting in my truck. Wed, I slipped down and slept on my side. My back hurt so badly, I could barely walk. After the next night sitting up, my back was much better. Of course, I have to have a ramp of pillows to provide support, but it works for me. The biggest problem for me is, if I sleep on my back, the lucid dreams or nightmares come. Last night I dreamed that Oprah was trying to get me to eat McDonald's.

Yep. Now y'all know why I like sleeping in a recliner. My back has to be curved semi fetal position and a recliner does exactly that. Also relieves pressure on my hip as well. So yes.....I sleep upright but slightly back.

No recliner here. Don't want one because I don't want to have to haul it if and when we move again. So, I put less air in my air bed....instant recliner cuz I sink in the middle, lol. And, I have lots of pillows to prop up my top side and legs. Butt further down inside the bed itself. It works. Until I get my own home and THEN I will get a recliner. :)
If I had space, I'd have a recliner. As it is, pillows serve. I also put a pillow under one knee, the leg that I have hip problems with. It keeps my hip at the correct angle and relieves the stress and pain.
How are you doing? You seem happier than you have been in a long time.

It also has a tendency to dissolve tooth enamel, too.

I understand the feeling, that's why I gave up popcorn.

Popcorn is terrible for getting stuff stuck between your teeth and in your gums.....but it's so yummy!
I agree, popcorn is delicious, but I've had to dial back my consumption. Since I prefer mine drenched in butter and parmesan cheese especially...LOL!

Which popcorn do you prefer? Salted one is very excellent with beer :)
A little salt, but lots of butter and parmesan cheese.

Oh, good sleeping in horizontal position! Sleeping sitting is a good way to kill time in long distance buses and trains, but bringing only a headache, not a rest...
When you get to be my age, with your hips, knees and back hurting if you sleep horizontally, let me know whether you change your mind about that!:beer:

The ceiling in the boss's side of the garage caved in (mostly) yesterday. Not good! The roof has been leaking for years and I hope that it's only the sheet rock that has given way. But that roof is a flat roof and has withstood greater snow loads, but it's pretty old by now. If the roof collapsed, there will be a significant expense for repairs.

Popcorn is terrible for getting stuff stuck between your teeth and in your gums.....but it's so yummy!
I agree, popcorn is delicious, but I've had to dial back my consumption. Since I prefer mine drenched in butter and parmesan cheese especially...LOL!

And all I want on my popcorn is salt.

It also has a tendency to dissolve tooth enamel, too.
Another urban myth that grew out of professor Clive McCay's 1950 anti soda campaign.

And all I want on my popcorn is salt.
All I want on my butter and salt is popcorn............

I do better with my head raised somewhat and my shoulder braced against something. I sleep quite well sitting up but don't usually spend the night that way.
Sleeping sitting up actually serves me well because I can catch catnaps between flights and am quite comfortable sitting in my truck. Wed, I slipped down and slept on my side. My back hurt so badly, I could barely walk. After the next night sitting up, my back was much better. Of course, I have to have a ramp of pillows to provide support, but it works for me. The biggest problem for me is, if I sleep on my back, the lucid dreams or nightmares come. Last night I dreamed that Oprah was trying to get me to eat McDonald's.
If you ever want an excuse to miss work because you're ill eat McDonalds for lunch........ That'll make it convincing.

Forum List

Back