🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Off to see if my credit union is practicing religion this morning.

Sounds serious. Good luck. :)

They were open and the banking is done!

At some point today, a customer will say "I was hoping to have the car for the weekend". Well, if we can find a financial institution to finance you today and then your insurance company is open we probably can. Likelihood of that happening, minimal. It will of course, be all my fault. :bang3:

At some point today, a customer will say "I was hoping to have the car for the weekend". Well, if we can find a financial institution to finance you today and then your insurance company is open we probably can. Likelihood of that happening, minimal. It will of course, be all my fault. :bang3:

And you are the one relegated to extend apologies for the delay too I suspect. :)

Am I the only one that sees the utilization of this beautiful work of art compared to todays horrible Calendars? You have to be within 18 inches of calendars to read the light ink and small daily boxes...

upload_2017-4-14_12-6-12.png

Try reading a calendar like this from across the room...

upload_2017-4-14_12-12-8.png

Is this just me getting old and persnickety?

It's obviously your fault......... :eusa_whistle:

Got word yesterday the house we were looking to get is listed as pending, someone else got an offer in first. It did have an offer a couple of months ago that fell through so one never knows. In the mean time we continue to search and hope the loan officer get back to us soon.........

Am I the only one that sees the utilization of this beautiful work of art compared to todays horrible Calendars? You have to be within 18 inches of calendars to read the light ink and small daily boxes...

View attachment 121684

View attachment 121685

I learned years ago that buying a calendar early inNovember for the upcoming year is important. If you procrastinate you might be stuck like I was years back with a choice between kittens or professional wrestlers to look at hanging on the kitchen wall.

Back in my grade school days our classroom calendar was provided by a local insurance agent. He bought them for every classroom in the city. They were big enough to read, even from the back row of desks. Holidays were highlighted in red and there was plenty of space for Mrs. Taft to scratch in occasions for specific dates.

But I never bought a policy from that insurance agent.

I learned years ago that buying a calendar early inNovember for the upcoming year is important.

Nosmo that may very well be my problem... I don't buy calendars... My daughter sends me the Grandson's photo calendar, but it is always the one I can't read from across the room... When I was growing up the old reliable First National Bank of Effingham always had a piece of wall real estate in any kitchen we broke bread in. Chock full of information on both sides of each page... A mini Farmers almanac of sort... I long for the days...

Buying a calendar seems a little sacrilegious, when all those advertising calendars were competing for space in your domicile... Excuse me while I crawl off and be persnickety... :bang3::bang3:

Got word yesterday the house we were looking to get is listed as pending, someone else got an offer in first. It did have an offer a couple of months ago that fell through so one never knows. In the mean time we continue to search and hope the loan officer get back to us soon.........

Shoot. There's always something isn't there.

View attachment 121684

View attachment 121685

Every year for Christmas my daughter gives me a calendar with different beautiful horses depicted each month. I love horses. But this year's calendar has beautiful horse photos, but the print on the calendar itself is so light I have to get right up to it to read it. I hate that.

Just a public service notice here... Don't forget to leave a carrot out tomorrow night for the Easter Bunny. Funny thing about that Easter Bunny. I never really bought in to the idea of Santa Claus but when I found out there was no "real" Easter Bunny I became deeply depressed and nearly failed the 8th grade.

Was just thinking... If you start off every day by eating a live frog nothing else worse would happen to you!
So, how are the frogs in your part of the country? We have a frog here, but its blood is mostly glycol and it hibernates in the frozen ponds all winter. It's about an inch long. We don't bother to eat them because they aren't even a small bite, let alone a mouth full.

Now that's news. I never in a million years would have thought about frogs in Alaska. And if anybody had asked me, I would have said probably not given the length of the winters. Live and learn. :)
Here's a picture of one of the blighters. They're only about an inch long.
ak frog.jpg

View attachment 121684

View attachment 121685

I learned years ago that buying a calendar early inNovember for the upcoming year is important. If you procrastinate you might be stuck like I was years back with a choice between kittens or professional wrestlers to look at hanging on the kitchen wall.

Back in my grade school days our classroom calendar was provided by a local insurance agent. He bought them for every classroom in the city. They were big enough to read, even from the back row of desks. Holidays were highlighted in red and there was plenty of space for Mrs. Taft to scratch in occasions for specific dates.

I always like getting a Boris Vallejo fantasy calendar.

View attachment 121684

View attachment 121685

I go for the fine art calendar. Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Gaugan. I like photography too, but not the Ansel Adams stuff.

Maybe it's because I have never been to the west. I had a project in Portland, Oregon once. But it was just a week and all I saw was the hotel room and the chip yard where tons of oil chips were being measured by me and the crew for which I administered respirator fit testing and operation.

So, no wide open spaces, no glorious mountain vistas.

This year's calendar is photos of New York City since the turn of the twentieth century.

I wondered when in this new millennium we would have to make that twentieth century turn specific. I wondered how long it would take popular culture to say 'Twenty Secenteen" instead of "Two Thousand Seventeen".

View attachment 121684

View attachment 121685

I go for the fine art calendar. Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Gaugan. I like photography too, but not the Ansel Adams stuff.

Maybe it's because I have never been to the west. I had a project in Portland, Oregon once. But it was just a week and all I saw was the hotel room and the chip yard where tons of oil chips were being measured by me and the crew for which I administered respirator fit testing and operation.

So, no wide open spaces, no glorious mountain vistas.

This year's calendar is photos of New York City since the turn of the twentieth century.

I wondered when in this new millennium we would have to make that twentieth century turn specific. I wondered how long it would take popular culture to say 'Twenty Secenteen" instead of "Two Thousand Seventeen".
New York and similar warrens make me claustrophobic. I took my daughter to Times Square for New Years in 1993...what a zoo! We were only a few blocks away from where they drop the ball, the family next to us (Granma, Granpa, Mom, Dad, and Granddaughter) were also visiting their first New Year's Eve celebration there. They were from Queens. Some people don't get around much, some of us do. I'm in Alaska because I choose to be here.
I'd welcome you to visit my wide open spaces.

Forum List

Back