USMB Coffee Shop IV

In 23 minutes, it's GERMANY vs. BRASIL

Woot-woot!!!

I was gonna go to a cafe here in Görlitz to see the game, but it's raining cats and frogs out there.
So, on with the TV.

Here's some good Soccer-German for you:

Kickoff = "Anpfiff"

Anpfiff comes from "pfeiffen" which means "to whistle".

:thup:

It is eerily quiet outside, everyone is getting ready to watch the game.

10 minutes into the game, Germany scores the first "Tor"!!!!

Deutschland 1 : Brasil 0

:D

Von meinem Base Lutea II über das Tapatalk-App gesendet.
Looks like Germany is cleaning house. Almost 30 minutes into the second half and Germany leads 5-0. They have it in the bag!

ballsmiley2.gif

Difficult to overcome a 0 : 5 deficit, but statistically possible. :D

I need a hamburger!! Lol...

In 23 minutes, it's GERMANY vs. BRASIL

Woot-woot!!!

I was gonna go to a cafe here in Görlitz to see the game, but it's raining cats and frogs out there.
So, on with the TV.

Here's some good Soccer-German for you:

Kickoff = "Anpfiff"

Anpfiff comes from "pfeiffen" which means "to whistle".

:thup:

It is eerily quiet outside, everyone is getting ready to watch the game.

10 minutes into the game, Germany scores the first "Tor"!!!!

Deutschland 1 : Brasil 0

:D

Looks like Germany is cleaning house. Almost 30 minutes into the second half and Germany leads 5-0. They have it in the bag!

ballsmiley2.gif
Ooops, I meant first half ... :D

In the 88th minute, 22 year old Oscar scored a grandios goal for Brasil.

The game ended:

Deutschland 7 : Brasil 1

German Miroslav Klose writes World Cup history with more goals than any player ever in FIFA history during a World Cup.

Germany writes World Cup history with the highest number of goals at half-time during a world cup.

Fireworks all over Germany right now. Cars honking in the streets.

And a great gesture of togetherness at the end of the game. Both teams greeting and hugging each other, trading shirts, the two coaches shaking hands.

Grand game, it was a grand game. Never saw anything quite like this game.

Gee, can you guys tell that I like soccer?!?!?

:rofl:

Last edited:

The game ended:

German Miroslav Klose writes World Cup history with more goals than any player ever in FIFA history during a World Cup.

Germany writes World Cup history with the highest number of goals at half-time during a world cup.

And a great gesture of togetherness at the end of the game. Both teams greeting and hugging each other, trading shirts, the two coaches shaking hands.

With a goal that big, scores that high should be common, not rare! :eusa_whistle:

The game ended:

With a goal that big, scores that high should be common, not rare! :eusa_whistle:

Seriously----can't they aim ? :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Just woke up from a nap. A few hours back I was sitting in Culvers watching Germany make their first four goals.
When I woke up the alarm was going off, I'm smacking it before it kicked in that it was my cell phone...... not the alarm.....

Chores all done, for now. I've got a new feta in the press and am melting my wax for my most recent Cheddar. I have six rounds of Cheddar to wax and put up to age. Nom, nom...
I was "mugged" by some young christian people at the grocery a while ago. They threatened me with a lollipop (with church info attached), and then they ripped the groceries out of my cart and threw them into the back of my Jeep. What's the world coming to when some spritely youngsters help you load 50 lbs of dog food, a 28 lb box of kitty litter, and a box of canned cat food?! Only thing I loaded myself was the beer.
It's been a quietly productive day, still haven't gotten nearly enough done. I'm thinking I'll get an early start tomorrow morning and see it I can get my wash stand cleaned up. I also have to prep some bottles for a batch of mead ready for them. Right now, I have five batches of mead in varying stages of preparation. The latest, a strawberry melomel, went into the carboy last month.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Well, I've had a perfectly shitty day. Woke up this morning and looked outside and saw a flat tire on my Tahoe. Tires are less than a year old, and a flat. Went out to look at the flat on the Tahoe and noticed one of the front tires on my old Chevy had BLOWN OUT. Two tires, same night, flat.

So, jack up the old Chevy and take that wheel off and put it in the Tahoe, then air up the Tahoe tire and head for the tire shop. Come to find out the Tahoe tire had a fencing staple in it. Probably been in there awhile because that tire has been going low, but never flat. The old Chevy tire had gotten warm when it had the sticking caliper on it and was bubbled out a bit. Tread had probably separated and finally just gave out, so, both not real surprises but, both at the same time? That's kinda odd.

All fixed though, Tahoe tire patched, and found two, just like new, used tires for the front of the old Chev. Took the better part of the day to get that all done but, thankfully done.

Last edited:
Well, I've had a perfectly shitty day. Woke up this morning and looked outside and saw a flat tire on my Tahoe. Tires are less than a year old, and a flat. Went out to look at the flat on the Tahoe and noticed one of the front tires on my old Chevy had BLOWN OUT. Two tires, same night, flat.

So, jack up the old Chevy and take that wheel off and put it in the Tahoe, then air up the Tahoe tire and head for the tire shop. Come to find out the Tahoe tire has a fencing staple in it. Probably been in there awhile because that tire has been going low, but never flat. The old Chevy tire had gotten warm when it had the sticking caliper on it and was bubbled out a bit. Tread had probably separated and finally just gave out, so, both not real surprises but, both at the same time? That's kinda odd.

All fixed though, Tahoe tire patched, and found two, just like new, used tires for the front of the old Chev. Took the better part of the day to get that all done but, thankfully done.
Get a horse! :D

Forum List

Back