USMB Coffee Shop IV

True but me I don't care, I've found that over the decades with all the backups I ever did I only used one, the backed up browser settings and only then to make it easy even though 9/10s of what's in those files I don't use any longer. All my email is online so that's not a concern so for me restarting from scratch is the most very viable option.

I have some photos on my computer that I really wouldn't want to lose. Also some favorite recipes and other information that I don't have hard copies of. So I do try to keep those backed up.
I'm one who saves a photo or links a page I'm interested in then more often then not never go back to look at it so if it disappears I never miss it, if it is something I truly think I want to keep I back it up on a DVD or thumb drive almost immediately.
I'll go back to my downloads every once in a while a delete the vast majority of them so resetting my computers back to fresh install status is not an issue for me....... Now the wife on the other hand, that's a whole different story, I have to keep hers backed up constantly.

A lot of things I save on the PC I'd never miss. I should probably get some new blank DVDs to save some pictures/videos on, but for the most part, it's not a big deal. I worry more about my settings than data.

I did a windows 10 backup of system files and personal files and it took up 3 cdroms.
You only need to back up personal files not system files. Reinstalling Windows 10 is very simple and you don't even need a CD/DVD any longer

I never had a cd for windows ten as I downloaded the update from Microsoft to update windows seven. But since then there have been many updates of windows ten, and its a big download.

I have some photos on my computer that I really wouldn't want to lose. Also some favorite recipes and other information that I don't have hard copies of. So I do try to keep those backed up.
I'm one who saves a photo or links a page I'm interested in then more often then not never go back to look at it so if it disappears I never miss it, if it is something I truly think I want to keep I back it up on a DVD or thumb drive almost immediately.
I'll go back to my downloads every once in a while a delete the vast majority of them so resetting my computers back to fresh install status is not an issue for me....... Now the wife on the other hand, that's a whole different story, I have to keep hers backed up constantly.

A lot of things I save on the PC I'd never miss. I should probably get some new blank DVDs to save some pictures/videos on, but for the most part, it's not a big deal. I worry more about my settings than data.

I did a windows 10 backup of system files and personal files and it took up 3 cdroms.
You only need to back up personal files not system files. Reinstalling Windows 10 is very simple and you don't even need a CD/DVD any longer

I never had a cd for windows ten as I downloaded the update from Microsoft to update windows seven. But since then there have been many updates of windows ten, and its a big download.
It's already on your computer; Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC, follow the on screen prompts for a full reset or to save all your personal data also.

upload_2017-5-14_12-16-48.png

Been fighting it for a few days but finally it's official, I have what the wife had, chest congestion, headache, coughing, sneezing, runny nose.........
(Sounds like a commercial for a cold product.........) :eusa_whistle:

Been fighting it for a few days but finally it's official, I have what the wife had, chest congestion, headache, coughing, sneezing, runny nose.........

And if it is what Hombre wound up at urgent care with and I got just a very minor touch of, it is bacterial and antibiotic really does help. You might want to see the doc.

And if it is what Hombre wound up at urgent care with and I got just a very minor touch of, it is bacterial and antibiotic really does help. You might want to see the doc.
Just a spring cold for us and I just had antibiotics for my gout.

You take antibiotics for gout? I did no know that. My son in law takes steroids.

You take antibiotics for gout? I did no know that. My son in law takes steroids.
One time antibiotic blast in the ER to help with the other medications effectiveness. The one good thing is all heel pain has been gone for the last couple of days, one reason is I'm taking the anti-inflammatory med which is an NSAID, now I have to watch if the NSAID causes my lower extremities to swell up like balloons.

One time antibiotic blast in the ER to help with the other medications effectiveness. The one good thing is all heel pain has been gone for the last couple of days, one reason is I'm taking the anti-inflammatory med which is an NSAID, now I have to watch if the NSAID causes my lower extremities to swell up like balloons.
Ouch. My feet and ankles have never swollen up but they have been. We found the culprit and it was a medication. I stopped that and swelling is gone.

Ouch. My feet and ankles have never swollen up but they have been. We found the culprit and it was a medication. I stopped that and swelling is gone.

That's what NSAIDs do to me.

That's what NSAIDs do to me.
Mine was an anti estrogen.

Antibiotics for gout? Never heard of that. I would recommend an allopurinal prescription that you take one little pill every day and that usually prevent any subsequent attacks.

Antibiotics for gout? Never heard of that. I would recommend an allopurinal prescription that you take one little pill every day and that usually prevent any subsequent attacks.
It was administered in the ER with the other meds to make the other meds more effective.

I agree. My brother in law has taken that for years. No I'll effects and no gout.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Hombre for wellness.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, Ernie S. and all others we hope will return.

may-your-strengths-lead-you-to-greater-glories-in-life-flower-graphic.gif

Anyone else having a hard time posting? Forum is acting up this morning, being slow and posting double posts. I couldn't even get on this forum earlier. It just kept timing out on me. Updates or something maybe?

It was horrible earlier today. Still is

Okay, I got it after the first time. You don't have to keep repeating yourself! :p

Forum List

Back