USMB Coffee Shop IV

I find myself in unfamiliar territory today. It seems my employer feels I make twice what I should. I promptly gathered my stuff and left. Got a lot of landscaping to do, an employment interview in the morning and my unemployment forms all filled out and turned in. Will stop in another place and drop off a resume and fill out an application while I am still spiffed up.

Wow Save. You haven't been here a lot lately so didn't know what is going on with you. But that is pretty significant news. We'll certainly direct some of those positive vibes your way.

Seems to be the big topic at my house... :lol:

I suppose so. I quit my last paying job because the management made it impossible for me to stay there. So I went back into business for myself and finished out my professional career that way. Have never regretted it.

But there were some stressful times in there too so I can imagine it is being discussed at your house too. :)

Actually what is being discussed here now is the obsession the owner has with me coming in and signing papers. Seems like he wants to hold up my last two weeks pay to have me sign some stuff. I think he realizes some laws were violated.

The cats were spooked last night but quickly started to acclimate to the new house especially now that we have some of our stuff unloaded and unpacked. the kitchen window is one of those planter windows, guess where Giz has been spending a lot of his time....... :lol:
In your built-in cat observation post. What a great place to put a bird feeder in view.
I'll put the hummingbird feeder right outside of it......... :D

Finally finished unloading the Uhaul earlier today, dropped it off then went to the Xfinity store then next door to the mini WallyWorld. The TV and internet are working, the washer and drier are connected and I'm finally able to wash clothes, we were running out. :thup:

The cats were spooked last night but quickly started to acclimate to the new house especially now that we have some of our stuff unloaded and unpacked. the kitchen window is one of those planter windows, guess where Giz has been spending a lot of his time....... :lol:
In your built-in cat observation post. What a great place to put a bird feeder in view.
Oooooohh! That will be great fun...cat watches feeder, you get to watch the cat. And, squirrels don't bother hummingbird feeders the way they do regular bird feeders with seeds and nuts.

Oooooohh! That will be great fun...cat watches feeder, you get to watch the cat. And, squirrels don't bother hummingbird feeders the way they do regular bird feeders with seeds and nuts.
I have yet to see squirrels around here. Didn't have them in El Paso either. :dunno:

I have yet to see squirrels around here. Didn't have them in El Paso either. :dunno:
I wouldn't consider that a bad thing. I go on regular safari around my place because those fuzzy rats can do some serious damage.

I find myself in unfamiliar territory today. It seems my employer feels I make twice what I should. I promptly gathered my stuff and left. Got a lot of landscaping to do, an employment interview in the morning and my unemployment forms all filled out and turned in. Will stop in another place and drop off a resume and fill out an application while I am still spiffed up.

Wow Save. You haven't been here a lot lately so didn't know what is going on with you. But that is pretty significant news. We'll certainly direct some of those positive vibes your way.

I suppose so. I quit my last paying job because the management made it impossible for me to stay there. So I went back into business for myself and finished out my professional career that way. Have never regretted it.

But there were some stressful times in there too so I can imagine it is being discussed at your house too. :)

Actually what is being discussed here now is the obsession the owner has with me coming in and signing papers. Seems like he wants to hold up my last two weeks pay to have me sign some stuff. I think he realizes some laws were violated.

If I were you, I would consider myself in a position of power on this one. Don't give anything away.

Mostly ground or rock squirrels here in town. I've never seen one in our neighborhood but they do show up in my aunt's neighborhood. And apparently they can become abundant as there are several squirrel removal services in town. Very occasionally you'll see a red squirrel too.

If I were you, I would consider myself in a position of power on this one. Don't give anything away.

Oh I won't. I really missed my calling as an attorney. So far I have three EPA violations and a federal labor law they are working on.

The TV cable box kept freezing up and rebooting, checked all the connections, everything looked fine, call Comcast service, they checked via their cable, everything looked normal......... I figured either the brand new splitter was going bad or one of the TV's inputs was going bad. Switched from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2, no more problem so it looks like my 2 year old TV already has an input problem...........

Nope, just froze and rebooted again in HDMI 2. Time to replace the splitter.........

Last edited:
The TV cable box kept freezing up and rebooting, checked all the connections, everything looked fine, call Comcast service, they checked via their cable, everything looked normal......... I figured either the brand new splitter was going bad or one of the TV's inputs was going bad. Switched from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2, no more problem so it looks like my 2 year old TV already has an input problem...........

Nope, just froze and rebooted again in HDMI 2. Time to replace the splitter.........
Think I found the source of the problem, the cable from the splitter to the TV wasn't screwed all the way on like it looked like at first, made sure it was properly connected and now all I have to do is wait and see if it happens again.

Yup, again so it is the splitter. Took it off, moved the modem to another room and so far no problems.

Last edited:
Last Christmas, I got the little one a necklace with her name on it written in cursive. She was at her dad's on Christmas Eve and came home Christmas Day. One of the presents she brought home was a necklace from her Nanna; the same necklace with her name on it, although the one I got her was gold and the one Nanna got her was silver.

Today the little one got to open a present early. It was a skateboard from her Nanna. The exact same skateboard I got her, except the one from Nanna is pink and the one from me is purple.

:mad:

I'm glad you know what a splitter is and how to replace it. :)

Last Christmas, I got the little one a necklace with her name on it written in cursive. She was at her dad's on Christmas Eve and came home Christmas Day. One of the presents she brought home was a necklace from her Nanna; the same necklace with her name on it, although the one I got her was gold and the one Nanna got her was silver.

Today the little one got to open a present early. It was a skateboard from her Nanna. The exact same skateboard I got her, except the one from Nanna is pink and the one from me is purple.

:mad:

Oh shoot Montro. I know you are disappointed. But maybe with two skateboards she will have something to do with a friend?

Well, this is going to be interesting. Housemate has two big cherry trees in the back yard and they are all dropping off from ripeness. So..MrGracie and I went out and gathered a big bucket full and tomorrow..HE said HE is going to make a cherry pie. :disbelief:

Happy Saturday, Coffee Shop!

ce3265f9e3d17c9bbeebddc080a40529.jpg

Oh, I so miss my beach. And my yard. And my pets. And my stuff! I had a run down memory lane in another thread. Now I am all bummed. :(

Forum List

Back