USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, this is going to be interesting. Housemate has two big cherry trees in the back yard and they are all dropping off from ripeness. So..MrGracie and I went out and gathered a big bucket full and tomorrow..HE said HE is going to make a cherry pie. :disbelief:

Hmmmmmm.......cherry pie. :D :thup:

Hello all!!!

Damn, the weather coming more interesting than politics...
The SNOW. 2nd of June. In Moscow!!! When the snow was at 1st of May, in year of Chernobyl, it was unusual... But in June!!!

So, before it we have a great hurricane here - a lots of broken trees, roofs and turned trash containers... ALso a lots of broken cars (by fallen trees). The hurricane came to Moscow from west, broken the pyramid, got a roof from government building (yes, stop to talk, let's work!) and also got a crux from Novodevichiy monastery - I think, God doesn't approves of transfer to Church property an Isaakievsky Cathedral in St. Petersburg... Priests became too impudent and scary, taking in property an objects of culture like hungry worms... So, now, 4th f June - a cold like in early April, I'm sitting and drinking hot coffee instead of cold beer - what would be more annoying?

Wow. We are having unusually mild weather for what is often our hottest month here, but snow in June? I just looked and your low temps this month are supposed to be around 55f - 13c. Very weird. Hope you came through the bad storm unscathed though.

Our weather in is the 80s......but our A/C is broken. :( Plus, there's 15 people in the house because of family visiting for the little one's birthday. So I have a house full of people, no A/C making it damned hot inside, and 2 proctored exams next week to study for, on top of normal weekly classwork. :eusa_doh:

Clean clothes and bedding (yesterday), getting the towels done today....... finally......... Been busy, or as busy as acclimation will allow unpacking and organizing what was in the vehicles and Uhaul trailer. there's a shed out back, has a little left in it from the owner and needed serious cleaning so I took care of that yesterday so as to have more space for storage until we can get to that stuff and pare down even more. Kinda interesting coming from a 2400 SF house to a 1600 SF house, the kitchen is half the size as the one in El Paso as are most of the rooms but at least this house isn't falling apart.

Hello all!!!

The SNOW. 2nd of June. In Moscow!!! When the snow was at 1st of May, in year of Chernobyl, it was unusual... But in June!!!

So, before it we have a great hurricane here - a lots of broken trees, roofs and turned trash containers... ALso a lots of broken cars (by fallen trees). The hurricane came to Moscow from west, broken the pyramid, got a roof from government building (yes, stop to talk, let's work!) and also got a crux from Novodevichiy monastery - I think, God doesn't approves of transfer to Church property an Isaakievsky Cathedral in St. Petersburg... Priests became too impudent and scary, taking in property an objects of culture like hungry worms... So, now, 4th f June - a cold like in early April, I'm sitting and drinking hot coffee instead of cold beer - what would be more annoying?

Wow. We are having unusually mild weather for what is often our hottest month here, but snow in June? I just looked and your low temps this month are supposed to be around 55f - 13c. Very weird. Hope you came through the bad storm unscathed though.

Our weather in is the 80s......but our A/C is broken. :( Plus, there's 15 people in the house because of family visiting for the little one's birthday. So I have a house full of people, no A/C making it damned hot inside, and 2 proctored exams next week to study for, on top of normal weekly classwork. :eusa_doh:
No fun. Back in Virginia our A/C broke when it was in the upper 90s with 80% humidity........ Hope you get yours fixed quickly.

Hello all!!!

That is terrible. Here I am complaining about the rain, but snow??? Yuck.

A few snow, with rain. But in JUNE!!!

Hello all!!!

There's no storm now, only cold weather, which kills any wishes to do something :)

:420:Someone posted a photo of a McDonald’s billboard near Raton, New Mexico.

upload_2017-6-4_8-55-3.png

PHOTO: McDonald’s billboard joke goes viral

Hello all!!!

Damn... Do you know a joke about student's hell? :)

Hello all!!!

There's no storm now, only cold weather, which kills any wishes to do something :)
Here, it's almost hotter than the hubs of hell, about 16 C (60 F). It's overcast with rain forecast, so it's a little cooler feeling than when the sun beats down on us.

This afternoon we got the word that they have a heart for Dana and she would be going to surgery within 12 hours of that time. Extra prayers and positive vibes sent her way will be most appreciated.
Best wishes, Dana! You should be home with Carly very soon.

Probably four to six months. She has a long haul of monitoring and rehab still in Salt Lake. But she's out of surgery and recovery and is resting comfortably in ICU. The reports we're getting from SLC are that it all went well and she is doing well.

Last edited:
This afternoon we got the word that they have a heart for Dana and she would be going to surgery within 12 hours of that time. Extra prayers and positive vibes sent her way will be most appreciated.
Best wishes, Dana! You should be home with Carly very soon.

Probably four to six months. She has a long haul of monitoring and rehab still in Salt Lake.
Still, best wishes and most positive vibes still coming her way. I surely hope she pulls through.

Hello all!!!

No fun. Back in Virginia our A/C broke when it was in the upper 90s with 80% humidity........ Hope you get yours fixed quickly.

It might not be so bad, but I'm used to the A/C being set at 72. I find it hot when the house gets to 78. :p

Hello all!!!

It might not be so bad, but I'm used to the A/C being set at 72. I find it hot when the house gets to 78. :p
In El Paso we wouldn't crank up the swamps until the temps reached 85 degrees, at 95 degrees we would turn on the A/C window units, swamps typically only cool the house 10 degrees cooler than the outside. This house has A/C, we turned it on when it hit 90 degrees today but have it set at 79 degrees.

The one thing I found strange when we moved down to the southwest is many of the older houses have the laundry hook ups in the garage, this house is no different so it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter when doing laundry.

Forum List

Back