USMB Coffee Shop IV

We had an interesting 4th of July.

The buffalo hot dogs turned out great, served it with german potato salad.

Then at 8:30 p.m. one of the idiot neighbors did fireworks!!!! :eek-52:
All of the sparks went out though, before hitting the ground. They also had plenty with garden hoses around the area.
The whole State is under a fireworks ban, because it's so dry.

We were all up keeping a close eye on it. It lasted off and on till 10:30 p.m.
We have our own willowlakes volunteer fire dept. because the city covers only the city of Benson.
Two abandoned houses and one utility building burned down yesterday in Cuba NM because of fireworks.

Well the neighbors have run out of ammo or else they are respecting the fact that it is bedtime for a lot of us, and I have an early eye appointment in the morning so I'm shutting down for the night. Carly isn't as spooked by the fireworks as some dogs, but she sure doesn't like them. Especially the big color burst kind that get way up there. Very scary for her. Very illegal but some folks had a lot of them.
Yup, noticed the proliferation of illegal fireworks around the neighborhood. Was hoping we would be able to see the fireworks show at the Balloon Park from the back yard but they weren't shooting them up high enough, all we saw were the occasional glow behind the trees and houses from the exploding fireworks.

Well the neighbors have run out of ammo or else they are respecting the fact that it is bedtime for a lot of us, and I have an early eye appointment in the morning so I'm shutting down for the night. Carly isn't as spooked by the fireworks as some dogs, but she sure doesn't like them. Especially the big color burst kind that get way up there. Very scary for her. Very illegal but some folks had a lot of them.
Yup, noticed the proliferation of illegal fireworks around the neighborhood. Was hoping we would be able to see the fireworks show at the Balloon Park from the back yard but they weren't shooting them up high enough, all we saw were the occasional glow behind the trees and houses from the exploding fireworks.

And you are closer than we are. Mercifully the illegal and legal fireworks all quieted down by bedtime last night. Makes me mad though because everything is still tinder dry. Not all that much danger of fire in our neighborhood actually but the law is the law.

Special thoughts with Mr and Mrs Peach tonight and tomorrow for a good report from the doctor. And for light traffic in Tuscon.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Hossfly's knee surgery,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition and wellness for Ringel,
Dana!!!! (Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant.)
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, AgainSheila, Ridgerunner, 007, and all others we hope will return.

Even the roughest roads have sunsets.

beautiful-road-picture_072315823_201.jpg

Happy Birthday to my buddy, 007!!! Hint... My birthday too. I have the same IQ as my age - 66.

Happy Birthday guys!

Don't underestimate yourself that's pretty high for a dog. :biggrin:

Seriously, you and the Mrs. have a wonderful vacation, and be safe.
Tell us all about it when you get back. :)

I just got done with my third A&P exam. I know of 3 questions I got wrong (I mixed up the vein and artery entering the kidney, and forgot what intercalated cells are for), but with an exam of 95 or 96 questions, that's not a big deal. I feel good about most of the rest. And with 5 bonus points, I only need to get an 85. I think I was able to do that, which would mean if I can get an A on the next exam, I'd be able to skip the final.

Two + acre fire on Sandia Crest, I can see the smoke from my back yard, hopefully they get it under control soon.

This looks like it could have been taken from my back yard;

Crews_respond_to_fire_in_the_Sandia_Mountains-syndImport-102926.jpg

I just got done with my third A&P exam. I know of 3 questions I got wrong (I mixed up the vein and artery entering the kidney, and forgot what intercalated cells are for), but with an exam of 95 or 96 questions, that's not a big deal. I feel good about most of the rest. And with 5 bonus points, I only need to get an 85. I think I was able to do that, which would mean if I can get an A on the next exam, I'd be able to skip the final.

Yeah, yeah everything is cool until your kidneys start working backwards.

The 4th was really quiet out at my place. Usually, the borough parking lot is occupied and the fireworks are plentiful. This year, no campers at all and the only fireworks heard were are a distance on Monday evening. Even though we've had a good amount of rain recently, it's still pretty dry and there's a burn-ban issued for our entire area.
A burn ban makes clearing land difficult. I can drag the slash (branches and small roots) to the "free" wood lot, but stumps and larger roots have to find some other place to rest. Usually, you make a big pile and burn the lot, but that won't work with a burn ban on. Fortunately, a buddy of mine brought over his burn barrel, a large former fuel tank that's been remodeled to use as a burner. It's large, but I want to put a screen over the outlet before I use it. This barrel will give me the ability to burn piles of discarded birch bark that's been laying around for too long.

Two + acre fire on Sandia Crest, I can see the smoke from my back yard, hopefully they get it under control soon.

And it is almost a miracle that the smoke is going straight up. It is always windy up there near the top and the fact that it isn't is very good news.

And it is almost a miracle that the smoke is going straight up. It is always windy up there near the top and the fact that it isn't is very good news.
It's hit the 20 acre mark and with the high humidity this evening should help. It's tomorrow that's the real question mark if they don't get it under control tonight.

Hot, hot, hot ! Tucson, 109 today.
When we got back home it was 105 at the house.
Now waiting , maybe a phone call tomorrow from his Doc.

Been to the bank to get some traveling around money, went to the post office to put a hold on mail delivery, and got the suitcases out and ready to be packed. Won't be long now until the start of vacation. Got the dogs all set up with their boarding holiday. Still having troubles deciding on which speedo to take - black one or the red one. Maybe I will take them both!!! Hope they serve grits for breakfast in Hawaii. Will pack on Monday cause Tuesday morning bright and early I'm out of here!

Forum List

Back