USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been to the bank to get some traveling around money, went to the post office to put a hold on mail delivery, and got the suitcases out and ready to be packed. Won't be long now until the start of vacation. Got the dogs all set up with their boarding holiday. Still having troubles deciding on which speedo to take - black one or the red one. Maybe I will take them both!!! Hope they serve grits for breakfast in Hawaii. Will pack on Monday cause Tuesday morning bright and early I'm out of here!

The blue stripe is especially nice.

speedo-crusoe-600x600.jpg

Been to the bank to get some traveling around money, went to the post office to put a hold on mail delivery, and got the suitcases out and ready to be packed. Won't be long now until the start of vacation. Got the dogs all set up with their boarding holiday. Still having troubles deciding on which speedo to take - black one or the red one. Maybe I will take them both!!! Hope they serve grits for breakfast in Hawaii. Will pack on Monday cause Tuesday morning bright and early I'm out of here!

The blue stripe is especially nice.

speedo-crusoe-600x600.jpg

I think they would look really good on BBD.
He would get lots of belly rubs wearing it. :biggrin:

For sure. And if he ordered from Amazon today with overnight delivery he would get it tomorrow.

By the way our fire on the mountain is out, thank goodness, without doing any significant damage. It makes things hotter having little or no wind but that is a great thing when it comes to fire.

Just got home from making a medical taxi run with my Aunt Betty. And noticed that there is still some smoke on the mountain that suggests that fire isn't completely out. Probably it is fully contained but there are still hot spots maybe?

Treated myself today. I ordered ' the abominable Dr Phibes ' with Vincent Price. Its a comedy horror.
I also purchased the CD ' flowers in the dirt ' by Paul McCartney.

I have been looking for an affordable copy of the movie "The Jazz Singer" with Neil Diamond and "The Air Up There" with Kevin Bacon. Both seem to be out of print and are available only from collectors at very pricey prices. I ordered "The Air Up There" at a good price but alas, it can only be used in Europe--incompatible with American DVD or Bluray players. I would send it to you Dajjal but the shipping costs would probably exceed what I paid for it several times over.

I have been looking for an affordable copy of the movie "The Jazz Singer" with Neil Diamond and "The Air Up There" with Kevin Bacon. Both seem to be out of print and are available only from collectors at very pricey prices. I ordered "The Air Up There" at a good price but alas, it can only be used in Europe--incompatible with American DVD or Bluray players. I would send it to you Dajjal but the shipping costs would probably exceed what I paid for it several times over.

Maybe try this, Foxfyre: How to Play a Pal DVD in Windows Media Player | Techwalla.com

You also might rip the DVD onto the PC, then burn a new DVD in the US format NTSC.

If you search a bit, I think you can do it. There are apparently regional issues that are separate from the PAL/NTSC difference. I only briefly searched for information.

No call yet from Docs office. :(
If we don't get one by Mon. It means he is not up in the forty percent range.
That means surgery for an internal defib and possible pump and wearing the vest till at least his app with him on Aug. 17th.

Maybe try this, Foxfyre: How to Play a Pal DVD in Windows Media Player | Techwalla.com

You also might rip the DVD onto the PC, then burn a new DVD in the US format NTSC.

If you search a bit, I think you can do it. There are apparently regional issues that are separate from the PAL/NTSC difference. I only briefly searched for information.

Thanks but I want one we can watch with friends on the big screen. I have both on VHS that I can watch on a smaller bedroom TV.

That means surgery for an internal defib and possible pump and wearing the vest till at least his app with him on Aug. 17th.

Keeping all our fingers crossed for you two.

I can't imagine the vest being worse than the pump for inconvenience and discomfort though I do know a couple of folks who have lived with them for years and functioned quite well and felt well. For Dana it wasn't so good an experience.

I can't imagine the vest being worse than the pump for inconvenience and discomfort though I do know a couple of folks who have lived with them for years and functioned quite well and felt well. For Dana it wasn't so good an experience.

His salt intake is so low that he sweats heavily and that melts the blue gel. If he doesn't disconnect the battery fast enough he would get shocked. That would stop his heart not start it. He is not fast in reflexes because of his MS. :) So far he has caught it in time.

Not to mention my fear of his surgery if needed and a good chance of me joining the widows club.
Then if he makes it ,he has to have the battery changed every 5 to 7 yrs.

His salt intake is so low that he sweats heavily and that melts the blue gel. If he doesn't disconnect the battery fast enough he would get shocked. That would stop his heart not start it. He is not fast in reflexes because of his MS. :) So far he has caught it in time.

Not to mention my fear of his surgery if needed and a good chance of me joining the widows club.
Then if he makes it ,he has to have the battery changed every 5 to 7 yrs.

All things to think about and all the reason to keep praying that he continues to improve and have quality of life and can look forward to not needing either.

I'm very grateful that we can afford to have him on a high protein, low salt diet and that he is still active.
Schwan's heart healthy frozen dinners, Elk and Buffalo meat can be expensive, but divided by how many meals we get out of certain cuts of meats, it's not really that expensive.
With the house paid off and my SS we can afford it.

Mr. P is more upset that he can't take me out to eat anymore as a break from cooking. :)
I told him we are both eating much healthier foods now than any restaurant so that is good for both of us.
I said , I get breaks darling when I do the frozen dinners. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I spent the morning sawing my surfboard into multiple sections and affixing hinges on one side and barrel locks on the other. My endeavor paid off cause now my surfboard will fold up and fit into my suitcase. Only problem is I will have to carry my fresh undies on the plane in a Walmart bag cause they won't fit into my suitcase with the surfboard in it. Everything is a give and take I suppose. Can't wait to hang 10 in the waves. Does anybody know where Annette hangs out at on the beach?

Last edited:

Thanks but I want one we can watch with friends on the big screen. I have both on VHS that I can watch on a smaller bedroom TV.

You could hook up a PC to the TV, either directly or streaming, or you could rip your current DVD to the PC and then burn a compatible one to play in your DVD player. :dunno:

You also could buy a region-free dvd player, you can get a cheap one for $30.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back