USMB Coffee Shop IV

So I had a MAJOR BUG problem in my shop, and when I took a patio door out and installed a small garage door in it's place for the JD tractor, I found out why. The person who built my shop didn't put any sheathing plywood on it, just inch hard foam insulation and the tin over that, and the bugs, (box elder bugs and those little chinese beetles), were waltzing in through the massive cracks and gaps in the walls like all the doors and windows were open. Well, luckily I have a neighbor right behind me that's a carpenter, so I hired him up to rip off all the old tin, that was exceedingly put on very sloppy, and the hard foam insulation, and put all new OSB plywood on with Tyvek wind wrap and new vinyl siding. This is how it started out with the new OSB going up...

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

Here you can see the transformation. The front is done, the east end is done, the back is almost done with a little left to do on the dormer, and then we'll attack the west end you can see in this picture still with the old tin. Going to be a real nice building when it's done...

20170703_151630_zpscmsst3ee.jpg

Last edited:
So I had a MAJOR BUG problem in my shop, and when I took a patio door out and installed a small garage door in it's place for the JD tractor, I found out why. The person who built my shop didn't put any sheathing plywood on it, just inch hard foam insulation and the tin over that, and the bugs, (box elder bugs and those little chinese beetles), were waltzing in through the massive cracks and gaps in the walls like all the doors and windows were open. Well, luckily I have a neighbor right behind me that's a carpenter, so I hired him up to rip off all the old tin, that was exceedingly put on very sloppy, and the hard foam insulation, and put all new OSB plywood on with new vinyl siding. This is how it started out with the new OSB going up...

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

Here you can see the transformation. The front is done, the east end is done, the back is almost done with a little left to do on the dormer, and then we'll attack the west end you can see in this picture still with the old tin. Going to be a real nice building when it's done...

Very nice!
I like the color.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
So I had a MAJOR BUG problem in my shop, and when I took a patio door out and installed a small garage door in it's place for the JD tractor, I found out why. The person who built my shop didn't put any sheathing plywood on it, just inch hard foam insulation and the tin over that, and the bugs, (box elder bugs and those little chinese beetles), were waltzing in through the massive cracks and gaps in the walls like all the doors and windows were open. Well, luckily I have a neighbor right behind me that's a carpenter, so I hired him up to rip off all the old tin, that was exceedingly put on very sloppy, and the hard foam insulation, and put all new OSB plywood on with new vinyl siding. This is how it started out with the new OSB going up...

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

Very nice!
I like the color.
Little did I know when I picked that color that the darker shades of vinyl siding are thicker, and thus more expensive. Funny how I'm always unwittingly able to pick the expensive stuff.

Last edited:
So I had a MAJOR BUG problem in my shop, and when I took a patio door out and installed a small garage door in it's place for the JD tractor, I found out why. The person who built my shop didn't put any sheathing plywood on it, just inch hard foam insulation and the tin over that, and the bugs, (box elder bugs and those little chinese beetles), were waltzing in through the massive cracks and gaps in the walls like all the doors and windows were open. Well, luckily I have a neighbor right behind me that's a carpenter, so I hired him up to rip off all the old tin, that was exceedingly put on very sloppy, and the hard foam insulation, and put all new OSB plywood on with Tyvek wind wrap and new vinyl siding. This is how it started out with the new OSB going up...

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

Beetles are better than termites, which we get here in Az.
Has to be treated every 5 to 7 yrs.

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

Wow. Very nice. A whole bunch of us would love to have that building on our property. What's upstairs? Just storage or do you use it for something else?

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

Very nice!
I like the color.
Little did I know when picked that color that the darker shades of vinyl siding are thicker, and thus more expensive. Funny how I'm always unwittingly able to pick the expensive stuff.

Good quality is expensive. :)
We just replaced the roof with the thicker asphalt shingles, guaranteed for 15 yrs.

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

True, but it's no fun to vacuum up a couple bugs just to turn around and do it again in a week. They were in the walls, breeding. We cleaned them out. We have termites here too, but not bad. Carpenter ants do more damage to wood around here than termites.

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

Wow. Very nice. A whole bunch of us would love to have that building on our property. What's upstairs? Just storage or do you use it for something else?
It's just one big open area upstairs right now, and I have "stuff" stored up there. Lots of room up there...

20170703_114933_zpskpcclj55.jpg

You can see here that the middle window, which wasn't really a window anyway, just a double pane of glass that the idiot builder stuck in there and used putty to hold it in, it was removed and the window next to it moved over, which spaced them all perfect. In all 6 windows have been removed, and they were all those double panes of glass of varying sizes held in with nothing more than putty...

20170703_115039_zpso5c0zlbm.jpg

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

It's just one big open area upstairs right now, and I have "stuff" stored up there. Lots of room up there...

20170703_114933_zpskpcclj55.jpg

You can see here that the middle window, which wasn't really a window anyway, just a double pane of glass that the idiot builder stuck in there and used putty to hold it in, it was removed and the window next to it moved over, which spaced them all perfect. In all 6 windows have been removed, and they were all those double panes of glass of varying sizes held in with nothing more than putty...

20170703_115039_zpso5c0zlbm.jpg
I like the gambrel roof and the dormers a lot! Lots more headroom than a gable end roof. Is there plumbing in there? It looks as if you could even put a small apartment upstairs.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I'm about to take my third algebra proctored exam. I've done well with the practice test, so we'll see if I can manage to get another 100. :)

I think you will do great. Is this your last math class?

My first, last, and only math class, I think. Higher math isn't exactly a priority for Heath Information Technology. :)

I got 100 again, so I'm 3 for 3 on the proctored exams. It's actually the quizzes, where I can use outside resources, that I've had a few scores below 100. :p

IMG_0011_zps0fhbxd1x.jpg

Carpenter ants up here. While cleaning up the old wood and other detritus around my place, I came across several nests of carpenter ants. Bigger and more determined than termites, I think...

I'm about to take my third algebra proctored exam. I've done well with the practice test, so we'll see if I can manage to get another 100. :)

My first, last, and only math class, I think. Higher math isn't exactly a priority for Heath Information Technology. :)

I got 100 again, so I'm 3 for 3 on the proctored exams. It's actually the quizzes, where I can use outside resources, that I've had a few scores below 100. :p

I'm really weird with math. While I seem to have difficulty with simple math, I can do more complicated math. I still have to think about it when adding and subtracting (if it's larger numbers), but I can do algebra, and I actually LIKED it, believe it or not. It seemed more like a game than math for me. I even remember the PEMDAS order for algebra equations. What I hate and my biggest math weakness is word problems. I start to panic whenever I see any word problem, unless it is super simple. :eek:

I'm really weird with math. While I seem to have difficulty with simple math, I can do more complicated math. I still have to think about it when adding and subtracting (if it's larger numbers), but I can do algebra, and I actually LIKED it, believe it or not. It seemed more like a game than math for me. I even remember the PEMDAS order for algebra equations. What I hate and my biggest math weakness is word problems. I start to panic whenever I see any word problem, unless it is super simple. :eek:

I don't mind the algebra. It's a more enjoyable class than my database management systems class, certainly more enjoyable than my cultural diversity class. I doubt I'll use any of the algebra I'm doing in this class in my life after the class ends, though. :p

I don't mind the algebra. It's a more enjoyable class than my database management systems class, certainly more enjoyable than my cultural diversity class. I doubt I'll use any of the algebra I'm doing in this class in my life after the class ends, though. :p

You probably won't ever use it again unless you become some kind of engineer or something. :lol:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Hossfly's knee surgery,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition and wellness for Ringel,
Dana!!!! (Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant.)
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, SFC Ollie, AgainSheila, and all others we hope will return.

Thinking about Hossfly and his impending knee surgery or has he already had it? Hoping he will check in soon.

Don't forget to check out that full buck moon tonight before bedtime if you have clear skies.

Full-Moon-HD-Desktop-Computer-Wallpaper.jpg

Forum List

Back