USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Sunday!!:)

659d7585b18f53b3a3cc98d0e9ff86e6--halloween-pumpkins-diy-halloween.jpg

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Comfort to Mrs. Saveliberty & family in the loss of her brother,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn in Northern California
best-california-foliage.jpg

Well, after yesterday's trip to the beach to pick pumpkins, I got up early this morning and baked a pumpkin spice coffee cake to enjoy with an early morning cup of coffee. Any takers?
1e2e248afd7aa9d97afa0d742897a181--pumpkin-coffee-cakes-pumpkin-dessert.jpg

:) This morning it was so chilly I wish I could have picked pumpkins at the beach. But that looks absolutely luscious. :)

Last edited:
Got back from the skin wounds doc.
Mr. P is healing nicely and goes back again on Friday. Beats the heck out of 3 weeks everyday ,changing bandages and meds.
He has an appt. at the bone doc Thursday. We hope to get rid of that air cast for good. :)

Last edited:
Mr. P is healing nicely and goes back again on Friday. Beats the heck out of 3 weeks everyday ,changing bandages and meds.
He has an apt. at the bone doc Thursday. We hope to get rid of that air cast for good. :)

We'll really push the positive vibes for that outcome Peach. :)

He has an apt. at the bone doc Thursday. We hope to get rid of that air cast for good. :)

We'll really push the positive vibes for that outcome Peach. :)

Thank you!

We both want that evil contraption gone. :biggrin:

Well, October has handed in its two week notice. The month that brings the last balmy days will soon be replaced by chilly, rainy November. November with Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving and the modern holidays of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The unofficial yet oddly official kickoff to the Christmas shopping season. Oy!

There was a discernible nip in the air today. Though sunny, the wind was from the north and temperatures struggled to break the sixty degree mark. The autumn color has yet to peak, unusual for mid October. Since the leaves have yet to fully change color, they have also failed to fall from the trees.

That sweet aroma of wet leaves decaying mixed with the pungent smell of piles of leaves smoldering is missing from this time of year. But, then again, there are lots of aromas missing around here. The smell of coal furnaces in every home is gone. The acidic odors or steel mills is also gone. The sulfuric smell of coke plants no longer fouls the air. Exhaust from diesel locomotives has replaced the smell of coal fired trains.

They say your memory is in your nose. I say my olfactory memory bank is no longer as overloaded as it was in my long gone youth.

Well, October has handed in its two week notice. The month that brings the last balmy days will soon be replaced by chilly, rainy November. November with Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving and the modern holidays of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The unofficial yet oddly official kickoff to the Christmas shopping season. Oy!

There was a discernible nip in the air today. Though sunny, the wind was from the north and temperatures struggled to break the sixty degree mark. The autumn color has yet to peak, unusual for mid October. Since the leaves have yet to fully change color, they have also failed to fall from the trees.

That sweet aroma of wet leaves decaying mixed with the pungent smell of piles of leaves smoldering is missing from this time of year. But, then again, there are lots of aromas missing around here. The smell of coal furnaces in every home is gone. The acidic odors or steel mills is also gone. The sulfuric smell of coke plants no longer fouls the air. Exhaust from diesel locomotives has replaced the smell of coal fired trains.

They say your memory is in your nose. I say my olfactory memory bank is no longer as overloaded as it was in my long gone youth.
It gets worse as we go back in time............ Specifically if one lived in a city......

Forum List

Back