USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just made tuna casserole but used spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Twas wonderful!!!
I've grown quite fond of spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute. It's actually pretty tasty. I've also accumulated quite a few recipes using pumpkin, too. Pumpkin, not just for pies...

Pumpkin works great in a savory dish. One of my favorites is curried pumpkin and butternut squash soup. I make it very thick, add shrimp and serve it over spaghetti squash or rice noodles.

Zucchini makes a very good pasta substitute. Using a mandolin I slice them in long thin slices for lasagna, or use the julienne blade to slice the zucchini into 'noodles'. Sauté lightly with olive oil, salt & pepper and they make a spaghetti substitute even tastier than spaghetti squash, imho.
The wife doesn't like zucchini or any of the other squashes. My mom used to do acorn squash baked with scads of butter and brown sugar which I still love but haven't had in years.

I used to love baked squash like that too and haven't thought to make it in years. Think I'll do that.

Did she like the tuna casserole?

Just made tuna casserole but used spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Twas wonderful!!!
I've grown quite fond of spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute. It's actually pretty tasty. I've also accumulated quite a few recipes using pumpkin, too. Pumpkin, not just for pies...

Pumpkin works great in a savory dish. One of my favorites is curried pumpkin and butternut squash soup. I make it very thick, add shrimp and serve it over spaghetti squash or rice noodles.

Zucchini makes a very good pasta substitute. Using a mandolin I slice them in long thin slices for lasagna, or use the julienne blade to slice the zucchini into 'noodles'. Sauté lightly with olive oil, salt & pepper and they make a spaghetti substitute even tastier than spaghetti squash, imho.
The wife doesn't like zucchini or any of the other squashes. My mom used to do acorn squash baked with scads of butter and brown sugar which I still love but haven't had in years.

I used to love baked squash like that too and haven't thought to make it in years. Think I'll do that.

Did she like the tuna casserole?
Yup, absolutely loved it.

I'll be glad when the Balloon Festival is over, no more balloons flying over the house at treetop level early in the morning, those burners are LOUD when they fire em up. Also no more KOAT helicopter circling over the house and waking me up...........
Next year I'll make a working Steampunk dirigible with cannon and machine guns and blow all the balloons out of the sky, now that aught to be a site to behold........ :D

9f175ebf10de7aada8a86fd2fbf89d3e.jpg

I do love the balloons though we didn't have any come over us until this morning. Carly the Mini Doxie went absolutely nuts!!! There's something about the noise that most dogs find really threatening.
What I would find threatening would be when that noise stopped...unless you're ready for visitors dropping in.

Week 19 of unemployment ends today. They give you 20. :(

I really would like to avoid a sales job. My options seem to be take a sales job, rough it out til Spring with working for myself, take a factory job until Spring or rob banks. Since retirement is probably robbing banks, maybe I'll get an early start. ;)

So disappointed for you that the Post Office job hasn't come through but maybe it still will.

This whole thing has been a challenge to my optimism, yet for the most part I am still very hopeful. Or maybe it is deluded? Naw, it is optimism.

Finished a project at a church Friday. I removed all the wood mulch as it was six inches higher than the stamped concrete walk. I replaced it on the outside half with stone. Prior to that I removed about 10 overgrown bushes. The result is a much cleaner look with less maintenance needed. The lady who hired me wants me to go to church Sunday so people can meet the person who transformed the garden. I have mixed feelings about that. As a Lutheran we are kind of against clapping in church or undue praise for doing God's work. Still, it would definitely lead to more work. Very conflicted.

Finished a project at a church Friday. I removed all the wood mulch as it was six inches higher than the stamped concrete walk. I replaced it on the outside half with stone. Prior to that I removed about 10 overgrown bushes. The result is a much cleaner look with less maintenance needed. The lady who hired me wants me to go to church Sunday so people can meet the person who transformed the garden. I have mixed feelings about that. As a Lutheran we are kind of against clapping in church or undue praise for doing God's work. Still, it would definitely lead to more work. Very conflicted.

Go to church.

Go to church.

Always good advice. Did I mention they are Methodists? They want me to bid on another project already. Remove two trees and some very invasive grasses, add a similar stone where the grass is and add a paver edging. Another landscape company bid $5,000. They were doing a bunch of unnecessary work, so I think mine will be more like $2,200.

Forum List

Back