USMB Coffee Shop IV

I had to go to the doc yesterday and saw a doe laying on the side of the road. I pulled over to see if it was still alive, but it wasn't. If it was, I was gonna haul it to a vet if I could lift it in my van. Alas...it was already gone. When I was coming home from the doc, I saw the county animal control truck lifting it into their truck. It made me sad. :(

At least when it is a raccoon, they have that leaner posture when they die, so no pulling over required.

One more picture of the farm store. They make the most awesome apple cider there and also donuts. I don't usually like plain donuts because they are too dry, but the donuts they make here are so moist and delicious and tasty, especially along with a glass of apple cider! Yum!

a015a8ef9c470f926de008d1a74b7d33--new-england-massachusetts.jpg

There are two choices for this type of fare within 15 miles of here. One has sonic cannons so hail doesn't damage the crop.

Week 19 of unemployment ends today. They give you 20. :(

I really would like to avoid a sales job. My options seem to be take a sales job, rough it out til Spring with working for myself, take a factory job until Spring or rob banks. Since retirement is probably robbing banks, maybe I'll get an early start. ;)

I'll be glad when the Balloon Festival is over, no more balloons flying over the house at treetop level early in the morning, those burners are LOUD when they fire em up. Also no more KOAT helicopter circling over the house and waking me up...........
Next year I'll make a working Steampunk dirigible with cannon and machine guns and blow all the balloons out of the sky, now that aught to be a site to behold........ :D

9f175ebf10de7aada8a86fd2fbf89d3e.jpg

Week 19 of unemployment ends today. They give you 20. :(

I really would like to avoid a sales job. My options seem to be take a sales job, rough it out til Spring with working for myself, take a factory job until Spring or rob banks. Since retirement is probably robbing banks, maybe I'll get an early start. ;)

So disappointed for you that the Post Office job hasn't come through but maybe it still will.

I'll be glad when the Balloon Festival is over, no more balloons flying over the house at treetop level early in the morning, those burners are LOUD when they fire em up. Also no more KOAT helicopter circling over the house and waking me up...........
Next year I'll make a working Steampunk dirigible with cannon and machine guns and blow all the balloons out of the sky, now that aught to be a site to behold........ :D

9f175ebf10de7aada8a86fd2fbf89d3e.jpg

I do love the balloons though we didn't have any come over us until this morning. Carly the Mini Doxie went absolutely nuts!!! There's something about the noise that most dogs find really threatening.

I lived in Green Cove Springs for a year back in 1969. It's funny looking at the map of the area now and seeing how much it's grown especially north towards Jacksonville.

We suspect it's Jax that's grown toward Green Cove. :biggrin: I love that area though. (Green Cove) The changes in Fl since '69 have been dramatic - the West coast from Weeki Wachi all the way down to Boca Ciega is insane with traffic and development.

I meant to ask mr sg what grade he was in when they lived at Otis in 61 & 62. They lived on base so they probably went to school on base also. He had an older sister and younger brother, and played Little League. I think. I'm an Army brat, we lived on post during a couple of assignments.. Some of the best schools in the country were on military installations - not so great hospitals though, if I remember right.

Just made tuna casserole but used spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Twas wonderful!!!
I've grown quite fond of spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute. It's actually pretty tasty. I've also accumulated quite a few recipes using pumpkin, too. Pumpkin, not just for pies...

Pumpkin works great in a savory dish. One of my favorites is curried pumpkin and butternut squash soup. I make it very thick, add shrimp and serve it over spaghetti squash or rice noodles.

Zucchini makes a very good pasta substitute. Using a mandolin I slice them in long thin slices for lasagna, or use the julienne blade to slice the zucchini into 'noodles'. Sauté lightly with olive oil, salt & pepper and they make a spaghetti substitute even tastier than spaghetti squash, imho.

I've been so busy haven't had any time lately to post.
Mr. P's leg wounds are finally getting better and we both can see some light at the end of our tunnel. :)
He goes to the bone doc this Thursday in Tucson.
Hopefully he can get rid of that air pumped removable cast disaster!!

Been missing you but I do understand busy. Today is the first day we've had in weeks that we weren't having to do something. I should be cleaning house, but just didn't want to.

Still pulling for you and Mr. P. though.

Just made tuna casserole but used spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Twas wonderful!!!
I've grown quite fond of spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute. It's actually pretty tasty. I've also accumulated quite a few recipes using pumpkin, too. Pumpkin, not just for pies...

Pumpkin works great in a savory dish. One of my favorites is curried pumpkin and butternut squash soup. I make it very thick, add shrimp and serve it over spaghetti squash or rice noodles.

Zucchini makes a very good pasta substitute. Using a mandolin I slice them in long thin slices for lasagna, or use the julienne blade to slice the zucchini into 'noodles'. Sauté lightly with olive oil, salt & pepper and they make a spaghetti substitute even tastier than spaghetti squash, imho.

You guys are really making me rethink some recipes. It all sounds so good.

You guys are really making me rethink some recipes. It all sounds so good.
I was a little hesitant about substituting squash for pasta but it worked out quite well. The thing with spaghetti squash is you have to cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and bake it first which means doing it early enough to let it cool in order to scrape the spaghetti strands out.

The wife doesn't like zucchini or any of the other squashes. My mom used to do acorn squash baked with scads of butter and brown sugar which I still love but haven't had in years.

I lived in Green Cove Springs for a year back in 1969. It's funny looking at the map of the area now and seeing how much it's grown especially north towards Jacksonville.

We suspect it's Jax that's grown toward Green Cove. :biggrin: I love that area though. (Green Cove) The changes in Fl since '69 have been dramatic - the West coast from Weeki Wachi all the way down to Boca Ciega is insane with traffic and development.

I meant to ask mr sg what grade he was in when they lived at Otis in 61 & 62. They lived on base so they probably went to school on base also. He had an older sister and younger brother, and played Little League. I think. I'm an Army brat, we lived on post during a couple of assignments.. Some of the best schools in the country were on military installations - not so great hospitals though, if I remember right.
We started out Air Force and ended up Army. I did my bit in the Navy but all my younger brothers went Army.

Forum List

Back