USMB Coffee Shop IV

I usually wake up during the night between 2 and 4 a.m. and can usually get back to sleep quickly, but last night I was awake for quite awhile. If I had know Seagal and BBD were up prowling around I might have gotten up.

I found out that with low unemployment there are no extensions. Also did not get the phone call about hiring into the post office. I was up at 3:30 too. My answer to fretting normally is to work on the problem, so I was ready to do a job search, but lovely Comcast was not allowing internet access. After losing a bil two weeks ago, another had a heart attack yesterday. Still I was able to find four or five good things about Wednesday. Glad it was Thursday today though.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Saveliberty's brother-in-law,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Dalia, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn in Texas Hill Country
frioRiver-autumn-JeffLynch.jpg

I couldn’t sleep last night so I got out of bed at 0345 and came downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee. Been watching the early news on TV and it’s the same old dismal dribble you hear everyday. Nothing new. I have come to the opinion that what we really need is some earth-shattering good news. It could be about anything. Just some good news for a change. I get so tired of hearing the same old stuff everyday. Somebody do something creative of a good nature so it might make the national news and make me smile.
It's the calm before the storm. Been feeling this for about a month now.

Heck, I don't go to bed to try to sleep until 3am. Then I toss and turn for a couple of hours, doze off, wake again at dawn, get up, pee, go back to bed, toss and turn another hour or two, then around 8am I finally get deep sleep. I get up at 2pm.

Heck, I don't go to bed to try to sleep until 3am. Then I toss and turn for a couple of hours, doze off, wake again at dawn, get up, pee, go back to bed, toss and turn another hour or two, then around 8am I finally get deep sleep. I get up at 2pm.

I share the habits of most of our winged friends, to bed with the sun, up with the sun. You, my friend, are a night owl, it appears. :)

I usually go to bed around 8-8:30, read for a while, sometimes listen to the radio, before going to sleep. Sleep apnea causes me to toss and turn with frequent wake-ups. I'm usually ready for a nap about the time you get up.

I share the habits of most of our winged friends, to bed with the sun, up with the sun. You, my friend, are a night owl, it appears. :)

I usually go to bed around 8-8:30, read for a while, sometimes listen to the radio, before going to sleep. Sleep apnea causes me to toss and turn with frequent wake-ups. I'm usually ready for a nap about the time you get up.

No CPAP to help with the apnea? Hombre suffered with that for years, but once he got his CPAP he now gets a normal night's sleep.

I go to bed early now except on the weekends.

No CPAP to help with the apnea? Hombre suffered with that for years, but once he got his CPAP he now gets a normal night's sleep.

In the works. Had three sleep studies done, now just waiting on all the paperwork to be completed - hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I hear good things from folks who use them.

On weekdays, I usually go to sleep between 1 and 2 AM. Then I get up at 6 AM to get the little one ready for school. By 7 AM I'm back in bed, to sleep until 10-11 AM. :)

In the works. Had three sleep studies done, now just waiting on all the paperwork to be completed - hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I hear good things from folks who use them.

The new machines and the new face equipment are so much less cumbersome and uncomfortable than the old ones used to be. And yes, almost everybody who has gotten one who needed it, and who could tolerate the breathing apparatus on the face/head report a significant if not incredible improvement in their sleep, energy levels during the day, everything. It does improve health considerably.

On weekdays, I usually go to sleep between 1 and 2 AM. Then I get up at 6 AM to get the little one ready for school. By 7 AM I'm back in bed, to sleep until 10-11 AM. :)

If I go to bed after 1 a.m. I can sleep until 8:30 or 9:00 or so but that doesn't happen very often.

The new machines and the new face equipment are so much less cumbersome and uncomfortable than the old ones used to be. And yes, almost everybody who has gotten one who needed it, and who could tolerate the breathing apparatus on the face/head report a significant if not incredible improvement in their sleep, energy levels during the day, everything. It does improve health considerably.

I tried one out at the sleep clinic that worked well for me. Not a full mask, just a soft nose piece that is supposed to work best for side sleepers. I am determined to get used to it. :)

Face it, the weight of the world rests on the hearts and minds of the more aged population. If only that flash of insight to the solutions could show up at 3 am....

Not going to lie, I was pretty bummed about not getting the postal job in a town 25 minutes from home. Wednesday was rough and I was only partially recovered Thursday. So I go online to do a job search today and there it is, a postal job four blocks from my house. I applied and now we wait....

I don't pray for a specific job. I have asked for things before and got them, only to find it was not what I expected or needed.

Not going to lie, I was pretty bummed about not getting the postal job in a town 25 minutes from home. Wednesday was rough and I was only partially recovered Thursday. So I go online to do a job search today and there it is, a postal job four blocks from my house. I applied and now we wait....

:smiliehug:

Hope you know that you have been a bright spot for me on USMB drifter. I suspect others feel the same.

Noticed something about myself this week. I get nicer to people in real life the more I am stressed. There must have been three people this week that thanked me for being polite or helpful. I need to be an asshole with a job soon. ;)

Forum List

Back