USMB Coffee Shop IV

I ran out of Qtips today. I always buy the biggest container of stuff that doesn't go bad over time. The smallest jar of capers, but the 500 pack box of Qtips. The other idiosyncrasy of mine is to write the date I opened a package of stable, non rotting stuff. My kitchen trash bags (again the 120 bag box) was opened November 17, 2016.

My old box of Qtips was opened August 17, 2015. A box of 500 Qtips cost me $3.79 yesterday. This gave the empty furrows of my mind some seed and fertilizer. For $40 and change, I could have a lifetime supply of something!

"Never have to buy another Qtip!" I could brag.

And I think most of the rest of the world supply is in Hombre's desk drawer. :)

I ran out of Qtips today. I always buy the biggest container of stuff that doesn't go bad over time. The smallest jar of capers, but the 500 pack box of Qtips. The other idiosyncrasy of mine is to write the date I opened a package of stable, non rotting stuff. My kitchen trash bags (again the 120 bag box) was opened November 17, 2016.

My old box of Qtips was opened August 17, 2015. A box of 500 Qtips cost me $3.79 yesterday. This gave the empty furrows of my mind some seed and fertilizer. For $40 and change, I could have a lifetime supply of something!

Have you considered psychotherapy?

:D

Have you considered psychotherapy?

:D
Two of the voices I hear advise against it.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ridgerunner's ex wife/current companion for full recovery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn in Moscow
central-pavilion-vdnkh-moscow-autumn-view-avenue-exhibition-achievements-people-s-economy-russia-45916078.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn in Moscow
central-pavilion-vdnkh-moscow-autumn-view-avenue-exhibition-achievements-people-s-economy-russia-45916078.jpg

VDNHa, I'm living close to it, in three subway stations to north :)

Well it is official!!! I am going to call her my "First Wife"... Ex-Wife has this certain negative connotation to it. Anyway my first wife came home from the Hospital today and is in a wonderful mood. She is so happy to be at home, she is just shickled titless... No clogs in the pipes and Cardio guy wants to see her in 2 weeks... The enzymes is what is throwing the Cardio dude for a loop... She feels a whole ton better and is going to take the rest of the week off...
Thanks for the positive thoughts thrown her direction...

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Autumn in Moscow

It is quite beautiful. Your magnificent city is the size of our two largest cities combined.

I was once describing our winter weather up on the mountain and a good friend commented that she wouldn't want to live anywhere that snow is measured in feet instead of inches.

And I had to smile at your post. We in America measure distance in the city in miles or minutes. You are the first person I've met who measures distance in subway stations. :)

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Autumn in Moscow

It is quite beautiful. Your magnificent city is the size of our two largest cities combined.

I was once describing our winter weather up on the mountain and a good friend commented that she wouldn't want to live anywhere that snow is measured in feet instead of inches.

And I had to smile at your post. We in America measure distance in the city in miles or minutes. You are the first person I've met who measures distance in subway stations. :)

Why not, if the subway is transport #1 for Moscow and only suburban trains could compete with it? :) The average distance between stations is a it above mile here, so, you could estimate :)))

Car is not the best choice in a large Russian towns because of jams. Offcourse, many people prefer car because they want to feel "cool" and "respectable" and so on, but for people, working every day in city, mass transport is more comfortable. How could you sleep in car, while it riding (or feel sick in jams)? :)

I couldn’t sleep last night so I got out of bed at 0345 and came downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee. Been watching the early news on TV and it’s the same old dismal dribble you hear everyday. Nothing new. I have come to the opinion that what we really need is some earth-shattering good news. It could be about anything. Just some good news for a change. I get so tired of hearing the same old stuff everyday. Somebody do something creative of a good nature so it might make the national news and make me smile.

I couldn’t sleep last night so I got out of bed at 0345 and came downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee. Been watching the early news on TV and it’s the same old dismal dribble you hear everyday. Nothing new. I have come to the opinion that what we really need is some earth-shattering good news. It could be about anything. Just some good news for a change. I get so tired of hearing the same old stuff everyday. Somebody do something creative of a good nature so it might make the national news and make me smile.

I agree BBD. I think that is why I prefer movies that evoke good feelings and have me wanting to stand up and cheer at the end. One of my favorites for instance is "Down Periscope", a silly comedy for the most part but with a story line that has you pulling for the 'underdog' and creates a real sense of triumph when they prevail. Such movies provide an emotional buffer from the more depressing real life stuff.

I agree BBD. I think that is why I prefer movies that evoke good feelings and have me wanting to stand up and cheer at the end. One of my favorites for instance is "Down Periscope", a silly comedy for the most part but with a story line that has you pulling for the 'underdog' and creates a real sense of triumph when they prevail. Such movies provide an emotional buffer from the more depressing real life stuff.

Foxfyre found a hole in Windows:

5kv395cw51nz.jpg

3:30am and coffee for me, no TV news. Brings to mind an oldie.

Earth-shattering good news?...the sun shattered the night this morning...right on time. :)

florida-beach-21.jpg

and a wee little poem...

(The News) On the Way to the Ramp

A sun...struggling to break its chains
The distant splash of feeding fish,
lonely cry of an unseen bird.
Soft caress of early morning mist.

SeaGal

3:30am and coffee for me, no TV news. Brings to mind an oldie.

Earth-shattering good news?...the sun shattered the night this morning...right on time. :)

florida-beach-21.jpg

and a wee little poem...

(The News) On the Way to the Ramp

A sun...struggling to break its chains
The distant splash of feeding fish,
lonely cry of an unseen bird.
Soft caress of early morning mist.

SeaGal

Thanks Seagal. A truly wonderful song. Reminded me how much I love Anne Murray's voice.

I usually wake up during the night between 2 and 4 a.m. and can usually get back to sleep quickly, but last night I was awake for quite awhile. If I had know Seagal and BBD were up prowling around I might have gotten up.

I usually wake up during the night between 2 and 4 a.m. and can usually get back to sleep quickly, but last night I was awake for quite awhile. If I had know Seagal and BBD were up prowling around I might have gotten up.
I've been getting up later and later even though I need to start getting up earlier and earlier. The cat's woke me up early, Giz jumping on Jasper's back and Jasper growling and yelling, I chased Giz off, took a leak and went right back to sleep. Didn't get up till almost 10AM..........

Went out to Wally world earlier today, it was sunny and 72 degrees out........ That sun was warm, should have been wearing shorts and a t-shirt........ Tomorrow the highs are supposed to be in the low to mid 50s, swimsuit weather.......

Well it is official!!! I am going to call her my "First Wife"... Ex-Wife has this certain negative connotation to it. Anyway my first wife came home from the Hospital today and is in a wonderful mood. She is so happy to be at home, she is just shickled titless... No clogs in the pipes and Cardio guy wants to see her in 2 weeks... The enzymes is what is throwing the Cardio dude for a loop... She feels a whole ton better and is going to take the rest of the week off...
Thanks for the positive thoughts thrown her direction...

Any thought to calling her third wife....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back