USMB Coffee Shop IV

Before I say goodnight to all who gather here....I'll be gone tomorrow, probably all day. Mr Mertex and I are joining our motorcycle group for a bike ride.....we're going to someone's house to eat.... These rides are usually a lot of fun....so I'll see ya tomorrow afternoon. I also want to thank you all for the nice thoughts and wishes for my friend's brother-in-law. The memorial was very nice. It was very informal.....he owned a firing range and it was held there. Some of his friends and patrons put on a demonstration for us in his honor. It was very moving.

th

Enjoy your day!

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, Sunshine, Jake and Hobbes.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Might check in with Tracy tonight and see how she is faring. Haven't spoken to her since Thursday, I have been lazy, lol!

I'm gonna start a thread in the Sports section about this, but today is a monumental day for Germans, you can feel it in the air, and I felt like sharing here among friends first.

Tonight, at 21:00 German-Time (16:00 in Argentina), the final game will be played:

Deutschland : Argentinien
(Alemania : Argentina)
(Germany : Argentina)

It's a pretty monumental day, for this is the first time since 1954 (Bern, Switzerland) where the German team is really this close to winning the World Cup. In fact, they won in 1954 and to this day, Germans call it the "Wonder of Bern" ("Das Wunder von Bern")

Here some screenshots of the announcements for today:

$FIFA WM Finale 2014 Deutschland gegen Argentinien.png

(Local time)

$FIFA WM Finale 2014 Deutschland gegen Argentinien T-online schedule.png

(German time)

$FIFA WM Finale 2014 to be filmed in 360.png

For the first time, such a sporting event will be filmed in a newer version of 360-degree, Ultra-HD. Should be interesting to watch.

Here's an article over the filming technology:

FIFA WM-Finale wird in bahnbrechendem 360° Ultra HD gefilmt - FIFA.com

Germans are generally very reluctant to hang the German flag for much of anything. They don't celebrate an Independence Day as we do, and based on the terrible history of 1933-1945, they tend to avoid signs of nationalism, but for the Weltmeisterschaft in Fußball (Soccer World Cup), the flags come out. I bet that a lot of our members who served in the US military and were stationed in Germany, like [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION], can confirm this.

Cafes all over where I live are trying to outdo each other in offering special prices for meals and they have huge flatscreens all over the place for the game.

So, I bet you know what I'm gonna be doing tonight!!! Should be a great game.

BTW, most Brasilians are crossing their fingers FOR the Germans, since their arch-rival Argentina made it into the finale and they didn't. It would have been interesting had Holland made it into the finale, because guess who Germany's arch-rival is in Soccer?? :lol:

Unterstützung im Maracanã-Stadion: Brasilianer drücken Deutschen die Daumen - N24.de

:D

Last edited:
I'm gonna start a thread in the Sports section about this, but today is a monumental day for Germans, you can feel it in the air, and I felt like sharing here among friends first.

Tonight, at 21:00 German-Time (16:00 in Argentina), the final game will be played:

It's a pretty monumental day, for this is the first time since 1954 (Bern, Switzerland) where the German team is really this close to winning the World Cup. In fact, they won in 1954 and to this day, Germans call it the "Wonder of Bern" ("Das Wunder von Bern")

View attachment 30636

(Local time)

View attachment 30637

(German time)

View attachment 30638

For the first time, such a sporting event will be filmed in a newer version of 360-degree, Ultra-HD. Should be interesting to watch.

Germans are generally very reluctant to hang the German flag for much of anything. They don't celebrate an Independence Day as we do, and based on the terrible history of 1933-1945, they tend to avoid signs of nationalism, but for the Weltmeisterschaft in Fußball (Soccer World Cup), the flags come out. I bet that a lot of our members who served in the US military and were stationed in Germany, like [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION], can confirm this.

Cafes all over where I live are trying to outdo each other in offering special prices for meals and they have huge flatscreens all over the place for the game.

BTW, most Brasilians are crossing their fingers FOR the Germans, since their arch-rival Argentina made it into the finale and they didn't. It would have been interesting had Holland made it into the finale, because guess who Germany's arch-rival is in Soccer?? :lol:

Unterstützung im Maracanã-Stadion: Brasilianer drücken Deutschen die Daumen - N24.de

Just use the existing thread.

You and toro and the two other USMB members that are still watching the World Cup don't want to be spread thin.

View attachment 30636

(Local time)

View attachment 30637

(German time)

View attachment 30638

Just use the existing thread.

You and toro and the two other USMB members that are still watching the World Cup don't want to be spread thin.

:rofl:

Too late: I already did it!!!

View attachment 30636

(Local time)

View attachment 30637

(German time)

View attachment 30638

Go Germany!

corner-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

Wait a minute.....I remember watching Germany beat the Netherlands in 1974........ Sat there with my German Father in Law and laughed my ass off at how exited he was....Didn't understand most of the game but it was a riot watching Hermann.......

Wait a minute.....I remember watching Germany beat the Netherlands in 1974........ Sat there with my German Father in Law and laughed my ass off at how exited he was....Didn't understand most of the game but it was a riot watching Hermann.......

Half-right. WEST Germany won that one. Since the unification, a whole Germany has not won one. There is a significant difference, here. But you are right, I forgot '74, it just doesn't stick in the minds of people quite like '54 does. Sorry about that small brainfart.

:)

Last edited:
So get some of those tofurkey franks and go for it!

I love the vegetarian meats. I do actually eat fish and seafood, but that's the only meat. Have been since 1996.

I tried being a vegetarian once, I got pretty sickly. Some folks are just meant to eat meat. There are some theories out about blood type and the kinds of foods best suited for your diet.

Eating fish makes it a lot easier. I don't eat fish with every meal, not even the majority of meals. But having fish a couple times a week makes it a lot easier to not worry about a lot of things you have to worry about if you don't.

I'm not an animal rights activist and I don't care what other people eat, I just like the diet.

Forum List

Back