USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just got a call from Pat's mother. Apparently she's tried to end it during the night. But when her mother found her she was still breathing, which it looks like was not her intention.

She's in the hospital now getting brain scans. Waiting for more information to come through. It's going to fall to me to tell them what to do in the event she's incapacitated. I hope I have the wisdom to do the right thing.

I just got a call from Pat's mother. Apparently she's tried to end it during the night. But when her mother found her she was still breathing, which it looks like was not her intention.

She's in the hospital now getting brain scans. Waiting for more information to come through. It's going to fall to me to tell them what to do in the event she's incapacitated. I hope I have the wisdom to do the right thing.
So sorry about this.

:smiliehug:

So I just saw someone refer to a male nanny as a manny. I am not a manny! I'm a nanny who happens to be male, dammit! :mad:

:lol:

41pQbgYl0_ll.jpg

Peace and inner strength be with you, Pogo!

Sorry to hear that Pogo.
Thoughts and prayers going out to her and her family and to you. :smiliehug:

So I just saw someone refer to a male nanny as a manny. I am not a manny! I'm a nanny who happens to be male, dammit! :mad:

Nanny; a woman who is the custodian of children or a female goat. Manny; a male nanny, but not a male goat.

My thoughts go with you, Pogo.

My thoughts go with you, Pogo.

I am going to bet that you will know the right thing to say or do at the time. Sending prayers and all the positive vibes I can muster with you.

Prayers for you and yours.

:eusa_pray: - :smiliehug:

Thanks for those prayers youse guys.

Not much new, waiting to hear a doctor's assessment, but I did hear that she moved or opened her eyes in response to her name being called loudly. I'm not entirely clear on whether incubation is keeping her alive, or if it's simply helping her breathe (this is the friend with pulmonary hypertensionn (PH), the same affliction Sunshine has, and it already reduces lung capacity).

This may not be good. Clearly she intended to make the transition, and it didn't go off as planned. Should she recover with nothing more than a drug hangover, she'll be not only crestfallen but presumably put under restrictions to remove her chances to try again. Which means she'll be miserable beyond comprehension. At least up to now she felt she had an escape route planned but now I fear that route may be blocked, leaving her no recourse but an increasingly miserable life of severe disabilities. She's only 59.

Should that be the course of events I guess I'll go up there and try to arrange her new patterns for that limited life where she can at least exercise her mind and tolerate the whole scene more. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Ooohhh, that does sound good! Oh wait, I'm a vegetarian...

So get some of those tofurkey franks and go for it!

I love the vegetarian meats. I do actually eat fish and seafood, but that's the only meat. Have been since 1996.

I tried being a vegetarian once, I got pretty sickly. Some folks are just meant to eat meat. There are some theories out about blood type and the kinds of foods best suited for your diet.

Belgian-woman-with-fries-via-AFP-615x345.jpg

frites-somebaudybrusselicious.jpg

The best fries I've every had were from kiosks in Belgium, France and Germany, with mayonaise. The mayonaise is not like American mayonaise, it has mustard and possibly other spices in it.

596191-1873-8.jpg

That is why we are a Miracle Whip family--it has just enough spice in it to give it a zing and adds a pleasant flavor to sandwiches or whatever we use it for. Plain mayonnaise is just too bland and flavorless for me--it just adds fat and calories without adding enjoyment.

FF, you need to try the olive oil mayonnaise from Hellman's, it is definitely better than the plain and better than Miracle Whip.

Do you guys fry your potatoes in olive oil? It does make a difference.

That is why we are a Miracle Whip family--it has just enough spice in it to give it a zing and adds a pleasant flavor to sandwiches or whatever we use it for. Plain mayonnaise is just too bland and flavorless for me--it just adds fat and calories without adding enjoyment.

FF, you need to try the olive oil mayonnaise from Hellman's, it is definitely better than the plain and better than Miracle Whip.

Do you guys fry your potatoes in olive oil? It does make a difference.

I've never tried that....I do like to saute vegetables in olive oil for veggie omelets....but I have never tried frying potatoes in olive oil....I may have to try that soon.

Forum List

Back