USMB Coffee Shop IV

Great News!

Mr. P's leg bone is healed 100%. YEAH BABY!!!!!! :dance:

Now 2 or so more weeks left for the skin wounds.

It's our 34th Anniversary today ,so we're going out tonight to celebrate! :biggrin:

Unfortunately...the money I get for the dresser is now slated for a spay and rabie shot vaccination for IttyBit. I spoke with the neighbor this morning and she now claims her cat is a stray and is too poor to keep her healthy with spaying and shots. Sigh. Trying to find organizations here locally that will assist in the cost, which has been quoted as almost 200 bucks at the cheapest vet in town. This is exam, rabies shot and spay. I just hope I can get that much for the dresser.

Unfortunately...the money I get for the dresser is now slated for a spay and rabie shot vaccination for IttyBit. I spoke with the neighbor this morning and she now claims her cat is a stray and is too poor to keep her healthy with spaying and shots. Sigh. Trying to find organizations here locally that will assist in the cost, which has been quoted as almost 200 bucks at the cheapest vet in town. This is exam, rabies shot and spay. I just hope I can get that much for the dresser.

Maybe is group can help. NEIGHBORHOOD CAT ADVOCATES

They might take her to foster her. I don't want to lose her because the neighbor refuses to acknowledge its her cat. So if I have to fork over the money..I will. I want her to stay just like she is...in and out, visiting her owner AND her co-owner (me), but spayed and with shots.

Can you get to a bigger town that has a charitable animal shelter, human association or some such? And I seriously hope that if you go to all the expense for the kitty, that she is then yours.
ASPCA clinics offer low cost spay and neuter services and I believe there is maybe one just south of you or in Chico. Try this site and put in your zip code:
Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Programs

There is one in Chico and one in Oroville. There is an organization that is supposed to call me tomorrow that may be able to help with the spaying. I plan to just take her to a regular vet for her distemper, rabies and initial exam. Or rather, the neighbor will take her and I will just pay for it. I want that covered asap because although she is in heat, she is a biter. There are rabid squirrels everywhere here, so I want that done since she might bite ME hard enough to draw blood although I have her almost broken of doing that. Anne just came over with Casey. He needs a ride to the vet tomorrow due to tummy ache, so I will make arrangements for the cat to be taken on Thursday or Friday. And yes..if I am paying all this, I will be the owner of IttyBit. I will share of course with Suzanne, since she IS mommy too to IttyBit and nobody rules or truly owns a cat. :D

and nobody rules or truly owns a cat

truedat_teaser.jpg

We've got some snow again. Just a light dusting, but there's enough to stick at least. I'm sure the little one will be thrilled if it's still there in the morning. :)
I went out at 7:00 this evening to shovel the newest five inch snowfall from the sidewalk that I shoveled seven inches from on Saturday.
Let me get this straight. You live in Alaska where winter is a lifestyle and I live in the upper Ohio River valley where winter is an annual dread. You got a light dusting and I have had a foot in 48 hours. Are there really swaying palm trees there? Have I had the wool pulled over my eyes all these years where Alaskan winters are concerned?

I guess we all have our climatological crosses to bear. We 'enjoy' four distinct seasons here, you get mosquitoes the size of sparrows come summertime. We watch the roadsides at dusk in the late autumn for fear of a white tail deer leaping into our lane of traffic, you fend off bears and wolves. We are perpetually shrouded in clouds, while you watch the sun set at noon in the winter months.

Maybe those folks living in the desert (I'm looking at you, Foxfyre) do have it over the two of us. But, then again, when I water my flower beds and lawn in the summer, I don't have to look over my shoulder in fear of a raid by the Draught Police.

Last edited:
We've got some snow again. Just a light dusting, but there's enough to stick at least. I'm sure the little one will be thrilled if it's still there in the morning. :)
I went out at 7:00 this evening to shovel the newest five inch snowfall from the sidewalk that I shoveled seven inches from on Saturday.
Let me get this straight. You live in Alaska where winter is a lifestyle and I live in the upper Ohio River valley where winter is an annual dread. You got a light dusting and I have had a foot in 48 hours. Are there really swaying palm trees there? Have I had the wool pulled over my eyes all these years where Alaskan winters are concerned?

I guess we all have our climatological crosses to bear. We 'enjoy' four distinct seasons here, you get mosquitoes the size of sparrows come summertime. We watch the roadsides at dusk in the late autumn for fear of a white tail deer leaping into our lane of traffic, you fend off bears and wolves. We are perpetually shrouded in clouds, while you watch the sun set at noon in the winter months.

Maybe those folks living in the desert (I'm looking at you, Foxfyre) do have it over the two of us. But, then again, when I water my flower beds and lawn in the summer, I don't have to look over my shoulder in fear of a,raid by the Draught Police.

Everywhere has something to commend it and something to condemn it. I imagine we all choose a place where, for at least us, there is more to commend than condemn. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment,
NosmoKing's cold,

And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

winter+quotations+(4).jpg

Maybe those folks living in the desert (I'm looking at you, Foxfyre) do have it over the two of us. But, then again, when I water my flower beds and lawn in the summer, I don't have to look over my shoulder in fear of a raid by the Draught Police.

Don't let my avi fool you, I don't live anywhere near gallantwarrior. :p I'm in central Georgia. :D

Maybe those folks living in the desert (I'm looking at you, Foxfyre) do have it over the two of us. But, then again, when I water my flower beds and lawn in the summer, I don't have to look over my shoulder in fear of a,raid by the Draught Police.

Everywhere has something to commend it and something to condemn it. I imagine we all choose a place where, for at least us, there is more to commend than condemn. :)

I didn't exactly choose to live here. I accepted it in order to stay with the little one. :D

I’m dealing with a fever now, so my world is a 10 by 10 space of couch and things I can reach easily. I think there’s snow outside my house, but I’m to ignore it for my own health.

Don't let my avi fool you, I don't live anywhere near gallantwarrior. :p I'm in central Georgia. :D
You're right, of course. And I'm in a haze of acetaminophen.

Early April and your azaleas will make me envious.

I would never have imagined Floridians having the same problems with bears that we do in Alaska! DANG!

I think yours are much larger and more aggressive than our 300lb or so Florida Black Bear. :) Even so, I would not want to corner one or approach one with cubs.

To my knowledge there have been few attacks and none fatal in the history of the state. One visited our garden a few years back - mashed down the fence, climbed over and walked around a bit inspecting the not yet ripe tomatoes, I suppose.

But there are no any full exclusive innovation in world, and cannot be! All inventors are just "Standing on the shoulders of giants". Why they have to earn exclusive profit from any new thing, consists of a work of many generation?

Talent is expressed in many ways - artistic and mechanical...and all have built upon the efforts of previous generations. Should we deny the greatness of Faberge because he didn't invent the egg, or Tolstoy because he didn't invent the words, or Tchaikovsky because he didn't invent musical instruments, or Kramskoy because he didn't invent paint?

Talent, artistic or mechanical, takes what is and makes it into something that wasn't before...or better than before. Art enriches our souls, and the mechanical, requiring no less talent and sometimes greater financial risk, enriches our physical life. Talent earns it's reward...:)...but no mechanical 'artist' has exclusive profit. Production costs, marketing and taxes spread it around. :cool:

Snow, snow, snow! We've got a pretty good cover of snow outside. It's 18 degrees, there's maybe a couple of inches of snow on the ground, but the little one is inside, because it's too cold for her out there. :lol: She went out for a bit, but her hands were freezing and she came back in. I'm worried about the dog, he hates being out in the snow, but I don't want him deciding to use the house as a bathroom.

It's supposed to get warmer tomorrow, and as high as the 50s by Friday, so the snow won't last. That's actually perfect, since no one wants to drive in it. :) Everyone has a snow day today, tomorrow it will probably be back to normal (although the schools could stay closed, I suppose).

I’m dealing with a fever now, so my world is a 10 by 10 space of couch and things I can reach easily. I think there’s snow outside my house, but I’m to ignore it for my own health.

You don't need a fever. So please call your doctor and describe symptoms if you have not already done so and take care.

I would never have imagined Floridians having the same problems with bears that we do in Alaska! DANG!

I think yours are much larger and more aggressive than our 300lb or so Florida Black Bear. :) Even so, I would not want to corner one or approach one with cubs.

To my knowledge there have been few attacks and none fatal in the history of the state. One visited our garden a few years back - mashed down the fence, climbed over and walked around a bit inspecting the not yet ripe tomatoes, I suppose.

Your bears may be a bit larger than our New Mexico black bears? The largest ever recorded in New Mexico was roughly 400 pounds but the adult males, larger than the females, average around 250 pounds. There have been a number of bear attacks in New Mexico, some of them quite serious, but I am unaware of any that have been fatal. The Grizzlies in Wyoming, Montana etc. are much larger, heavier, and an attack, though rare, is more likely to be fatal.

Forum List

Back